Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 10:32:20 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Used outdated Electrum wallet---transaction stuck with low fees now for 3 days  (Read 323 times)
JamesA771 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:25:59 PM

Hi,I used an older version of Electrum wallet to send 2 transactions.I have't sent any coins in afew months.

At first when I checked the transaction action fees they seemed insanely high...like 7 euro to send within 10 blocks(Maybe due to the rise in price of the coins? and old wallet?),so i adjusted the fees manually.It gave me a warning of high fees before I sent the coins,then it tells me after I sent that it had a warning that was low fee  Huh
Its been 3 days now,not sure if these are gonna get confirmed...no idea what happened.

Normally it just took afew hours at max,I even wanted to send a high fee aswell....but I dont know what happened and no idea what unconfirmed parent is lol.

Low Fee --> 828e985339c9897cd009f6e19eacd6b8cefaa34cf3d0a82cfc1036a7c09c155a
Unconfirmed Parent -->5b0de5abaefba700e8b6ddb461cbc6489fcb43a19e47c06e0b73b9daecaddeaf
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 03:50:34 PM

Yeah, recent fees are very high since scaling hasn't been implemented yet.

The unconfirmed parent is fine, it'll confirm after a while.  Check this page for typical confirmation times with different fees.

Your main transaction might stay in the mempool until it's rejected (by default I think Core nodes reject a transaction after two weeks as of version 0.14, but it could be different in some cases).

You can:

-Wait for it to return to your wallet.

-Increase the transaction fee.  This is only possible for "replaceable" transactions, which you could only have sent if you had Replace By Fee enabled in your preferences before you sent it.

-Create a Child Pays for Parent transaction.

-Accelerate it using the free service ViaBTC.  They only accept a small amount of transactions so you'll have to accelerate it very soon after the hour starts.

-Use an alternative accelerator service.  PM the user Quickseller for example, who can accelerate it using F2Pool, for a fee.

JamesA771 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:38:49 PM

Thanks man,
Probably the scaling in fees that messed everything...Ive updated Electrum aswell
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: