Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:47:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction stuck, what to do?  (Read 543 times)
Klogavis (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:32:31 PM

Hi, I have a problem with a transaction that's been unconfirmed for days.
I thought I added a sufficient fee but the fee my wallet (bitcoin core) recommended was probably too low/not up-to-date and now my 0,202 bitcoins (which is quite a lot for me, the largest amount of bitcoins I've owned) is basically gone.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
The transaction ID is 734ab7af5a74c4c4ed432da2cc2c635ccf990418aac2256b60c333d0dd468986-000
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leademepls

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:24:59 PM

I'm sorry but all you can do is wait for it to pull through or return to your wallet. Seems like the network is still getting spamed by miners. I'd abstain from using BTC as payment option for a while.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:02:23 PM

Hi, I have a problem with a transaction that's been unconfirmed for days.
I thought I added a sufficient fee but the fee my wallet (bitcoin core) recommended was probably too low/not up-to-date and now my 0,202 bitcoins (which is quite a lot for me, the largest amount of bitcoins I've owned) is basically gone.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?
The transaction ID is 734ab7af5a74c4c4ed432da2cc2c635ccf990418aac2256b60c333d0dd468986-000

The fee on this is far too low. You could try ViaBTC's accelerator, but you'll need to get lucky with timing. Alternatively, you could try double-spending it (or doing CPFP), which I can try to assist you with if you'd like.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:23:05 PM

my 0,202 bitcoins (which is quite a lot for me, the largest amount of bitcoins I've owned) is basically gone.

They are not gone. They are in limbo in bitcoin core wallet. There are other wallets that let you spend this amount again with higher fee.
I think Electrum can do that, use replace by fee to get back ur money and send it again.

No problem Smiley
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:42:25 PM

my 0,202 bitcoins (which is quite a lot for me, the largest amount of bitcoins I've owned) is basically gone.

They are not gone. They are in limbo in bitcoin core wallet. There are other wallets that let you spend this amount again with higher fee.
I think Electrum can do that, use replace by fee to get back ur money and send it again.

No problem Smiley

RBF is only useful if the replaceable flag was originally set on the transaction.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:02:35 AM

No problem Smiley

RBF is only useful if the replaceable flag was originally set on the transaction.
Didn't know that, so there is other optiion still, send same spent transaction again with higher fee. It will confirmm faster Smiley. Again some wallets allow that (not Bitcoin Core or Multibit). Try Electrum but im not sure if it can.
There is always solution in computer science world.
snowcrawl

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:03:17 AM

Just an update for you.  I have successfully entered your transaction number into ViaBTC.   The acceleration is confirmed.   Now we wait a few hours to see if it helps to get you to your first confirmation.  

https://blockchain.info/tx/734ab7af5a74c4c4ed432da2cc2c635ccf990418aac2256b60c333d0dd468986

If it does not work, there is another option, however you will need to pay a small fee of about $8 to get your transaction accelerated.

https://pushtx.btc.com/#/
snowcrawl

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:00:28 AM

It worked.  You now have 2 confirmations.
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:00:43 AM

The menpool is getting smaller with every block mined.

Worry not, sooner or later your transaction will be mined

No problem Smiley

Didn't know that, so there is other optiion still, send same spent transaction again with higher fee. It will confirmm faster Smiley. Again some wallets allow that (not Bitcoin Core or Multibit). Try Electrum but im not sure if it can.
There is always solution in computer science world.

I don't know any wallet that allows it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: