Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a problem gambler?  (Read 4577 times)
OneUnderBridge (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 06:50:42 PM

Not everybody has a problem gambling, but if you are a problem gambler, there is a support network they may help you. It starts with you recognizing the problem.

Start here:
http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/content/20-questions

Let's work on this together, you're not alone and you don't need to suffer from your addiction. If you have solutions or have the compassion to provide moral support, please help by participating in this thread.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:02:59 PM

Are you in need of support? Is that why you started this thread, or is it just to make others aware they can get help?
The first step in fighting your addiction is admitting to it. I never had problems with self control, so if anyone asks for advice I'll be happy to help.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 07:07:14 PM

Took the test...."Most compulsive gamblers will answer 'Yes' to at least 7 of these questions."  I answered "Yes" to 10 of them but I don't feel I have a REAL problem other than spending too much time gambling when I could be spending more time with my family and friends.  Good thread though....I have some experience so I will participate.  I don't think gambling is wrong if it's done responsibly....so I can provide some insight into that general area....hopefully not in a negatively enabling way.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:07:28 PM

Not everybody has a problem gambling, but if you are a problem gambler, there is a support network they may help you. It starts with you recognizing the problem.
Everything starts with "You".Motivated enough to leave gambling and pursue a happy life hereafter Undecided.

Let's work on this together, you're not alone and you don't need to suffer from your addiction. If you have solutions or have the compassion to provide moral support, please help by participating in this thread.
Took a quick look at the website.They're limited to United States.Gamblers here,the addicted one's come from other countries.Campaigns like this doesn't do any wonders until the victim is treated in person.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
OneUnderBridge (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 07:16:46 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 07:29:19 PM by OneUnderBridge

Are you in need of support? Is that why you started this thread, or is it just to make others aware they can get help?
The first step in fighting your addiction is admitting to it. I never had problems with self control, so if anyone asks for advice I'll be happy to help.

I have people in my life that have serious gambling problems so I feel compelled to reach out. We can all use a little support every now and then. I started this thread because I know there are people on the forum that may benefit from some guidance and I know there are people on the forum that have their own experiences who can provide some valuable insight. So why not get the two together?

Took a quick look at the website.They're limited to United States.Gamblers here,the addicted one's come from other countries.Campaigns like this doesn't do any wonders until the victim is treated in person.

I was thinking that if they took the test it would help them put their concerns into perspective in relation to others who might also be suffering from the condition.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
Connect and Create
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:27:05 PM

I agree with this. Such sites are usually used by the addicts to put their conscience at ease. The next day they go back to gambling just to return to the site again and again. Real life support works much better, especially if you have a family member or a friend that keeps an eye on you.

I have people in my life that have serious gambling problems so I feel compelled to reach out. We can all use a little support every now and then. I started this thread because I know there are people on the forum that may benefit from some guidance and I know there are people on the forum that have their own experiences who can provide some valuable insight. So why not get the two together?

Not a bad idea. I doubt it will really make someone quit gambling, but it's much better than doing nothing.
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:35:36 PM

There are bunch of similar tests in google, you could add them all in first post. Anyway, my "score" was 5/20.

Support is always good, problem is with people who won't admit they have problems until they reach bottom.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:36:54 PM

Start here:

A truly addictive gambler that's really on the point of unimaginary status will not ever recognized the problem just by reading online. They will never understand some of the words that they may read online and especially those questions asked at the given site because their mind are now closed.

The effective way of helping them are by those people around them physically since real words are important rather than just advice that is read on the internet. But you know the set of questions at the site is helpful to those average gamblers that is still not on 100% addiction.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 07:38:29 PM

I agree with this. Such sites are usually used by the addicts to put their conscience at ease. The next day they go back to gambling just to return to the site again and again. Real life support works much better, especially if you have a family member or a friend that keeps an eye on you.

Not a bad idea. I doubt it will really make someone quit gambling, but it's much better than doing nothing.

A lot of people's gambling problems can be solved by learning some money management (bankroll management) techniques....but a true problem gambler doesn't have the discipline to practice proper bankroll management schedules....they rationalize it away or are too compulsive to stay focused....
OneUnderBridge (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 07:47:25 PM

Start here:

A truly addictive gambler that's really on the point of unimaginary status will not ever recognized the problem just by reading online. They will never understand some of the words that they may read online and especially those questions asked at the given site because their mind are now closed.

The effective way of helping them are by those people around them physically since real words are important rather than just advice that is read on the internet. But you know the set of questions at the site is helpful to those average gamblers that is still not on 100% addiction.

The gamblers in my life do a great job hiding their problem and they don't talk about it much personally. They get angry or defensive when it is brought up or questioned. That's why I was thinking that something like this would help. They might secretly realize they have a problem but not want to present the problem to those they care about. Talking to somebody on an anonymous basis may be the help they need.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
Connect and Create
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:50:50 PM

Start here:

Gambling addiction can not be stopped by someone perhaps if he's addiction is severe. Sometimes, only himself can make himself. However, it's good that there is a service like that so there is a possibility that gamblers who has an addiction in gamblimg coul be lessen.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:16:47 AM

Start here:

Gambling addiction can not be stopped by someone perhaps if he's addiction is severe. Sometimes, only himself can make himself. However, it's good that there is a service like that so there is a possibility that gamblers who has an addiction in gamblimg coul be lessen.

If a person decides to stop gambling then he/she can find many good ways to come out from this gambling addiction. But if someone is forcing them not to gamble then they will not stop and find many ways to gamble even though family members put pressure on them. That's why first gamblers need to decide that gambling is not good and they need to find ways to stop.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:59:27 AM

Start here:

This is quite helpful for most of the gambler who often experience problems. But it is difficult to eliminate this problematic feeling, because that must move and participate it from yourself. So when there is no strong sense of desire from ourselves then we will still find it difficult to get out of problems like addiction. The writing is quite helpful and inspiring of course, the application in life that will determine the good and bad results.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 03:06:10 AM

Most people don't realize that they do have a gambling problem until the reality hits them. That's when they finally realize that they have fully isolated themselves from people, ruined relationships, and have spent all the savings that he's been preciously holding for years. It's pretty hard to find someone addicted to something that still has a full grasp on reality. Most of them don't see the truth and as long as they are doing the thing they are addicted to, they are going to be fine.

Gamblersanonymous is like AA or alcoholic anonymous. I bet that's where they got the idea.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:34:10 AM

Start here:

Well i guess personal experience and the power of will are the factors that will help us to overcome this problem since most of the gamblers are not admitting that they already engage and really ruined their lives until they already got nothing inside their pockets, its a nice of you sharing and trying to help how to see more people around who already overcome this gambling issue to proceed and share thier own stories.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:59:14 AM

I think you are talking about a problematic gambler were people are addicted and they want to stop or quit in gambling there are someone has this part of addiction that they can quit but sooner gamble again.. those people needs help not only their self i think only family and friends can help them for their problematic gambling attitude..
Honestly i was addicted before and stop because i know i am just wasting my time and money but i still gamble it is because gambling are made for fun sometimes i am gamble and sometimes don't in my own i can control my self even i am addicted it is still depends in you if you really want to control your addiction because no once can control your and fight against addiction..
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:13:39 AM

Start here:

This is quite helpful for most of the gambler who often experience problems. But it is difficult to eliminate this problematic feeling, because that must move and participate it from yourself. So when there is no strong sense of desire from ourselves then we will still find it difficult to get out of problems like addiction. The writing is quite helpful and inspiring of course, the application in life that will determine the good and bad results.

The problem gamblers will not have that much will power to go by themselves that's why they are called as problem gamblers. The site is limited to United States and the gamblers here scattered around the globe, as far as I have seen problem gamblers are very rare in the forum.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Faiyz

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Dijual

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:04:15 AM

Start here:

The problem gamblers will not have that much will power to go by themselves that's why they are called as problem gamblers. The site is limited to United States and the gamblers here scattered around the globe, as far as I have seen problem gamblers are very rare in the forum.

I have problem in gambling but not of those of very intensive that needs rehab centers. Most gamblers here are not really into ruining there future but i see it just for fun. Losing an amount for me is bearable but not really in betting money that i cant pay. It's ok for me to lose a weeks earnings as long as i am not in debt. And gamblers like cant be seen or found if forums like these rather maybe in streets or in physical gambling places.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:34:03 AM

I'm old fashioned and i find every kind of motivation in my family, and they been there for me so many times when i was in bad situations, so i always find help there  at least i get consolations, and peace of mind. sometime maybe they can give good motivation.. Serious problems must be taken seriously, and if you cannot recognize your problems others will, and maybe can help you. But addictions cannot be "cured" without professional help!
sonicwave

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:37:21 AM

Start here:

I have problem in gambling but not of those of very intensive that needs rehab centers. Most gamblers here are not really into ruining there future but i see it just for fun. Losing an amount for me is bearable but not really in betting money that i cant pay. It's ok for me to lose a weeks earnings as long as i am not in debt. And gamblers like cant be seen or found if forums like these rather maybe in streets or in physical gambling places.
From this problem it is very difficult to leave if a person has a huge dependence on gambling and find something interchangeable is very difficult. I can not even imagine What kind of passion you can have to replace them with gambling.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: