Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 12:48:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-05-26] Moneycontrol: Rs 10,000 invested in this 'currency' in 2010  (Read 916 times)
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 12:51:44 AM

Rs 10,000 invested in this 'currency' in 2010 would have got you Rs 66 crore today

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/markets-business/if-you-had-put-rs-10000-in-this-investment-7-years-ago-you-would-have-had-rs-66-crore-now-2289911.html

A small Rs 10,000 investment made in the digital currency bitcoin in 2010 would have increased 66,00,000%, netting the investor a cool Rs 66 crore.

In 2010, bitcoin—the cryptocurrency that had then come into being only a year back—was valued at the average of USD 0.06 or Rs. 2.85.

Bitcoin hit a record-high of USD 2,779 yesterday,  stunning investors and observers around the world. It has appreciated 150 percent year to date.

The cryptocurrency got a shot in the arm following the bitcoin community recently reaching a consensus on the scaling issue that earlier capped the total production at the projected amount of 21 million.

A pact signed by more than 50 companies for increasing the block size and activating Segregated Witness -- a new way of verifying transactions -- was posted by Digital Currency Group on its blog.
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:43:27 PM

If i knew about it then i would have invested a lot more than that without thinking twice.The only issue that is currently popping up is the scaling issue and i am not sure how smooth that is going to go and if it is not done properly then it will be a disaster and you would see people loosing millions too.

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
@prashant

Activity: 910
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:28:01 AM

If i knew about it then i would have invested a lot more than that without thinking twice.The only issue that is currently popping up is the scaling issue and i am not sure how smooth that is going to go and if it is not done properly then it will be a disaster and you would see people loosing millions too.
Who wouldn't? But i salute people prediction skill who invested a good amount of money in initial state of btc to think it will profit them in a large scale.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:24:00 PM

Who wouldn't? But i salute people prediction skill who invested a good amount of money in initial state of btc to think it will profit them in a large scale.

Also after investing in 2010 there was a time when couple of years back it had reached 1000$ for first time, so might be many would have already sold . Not sure how many actually still hold btc who had invested in 2010 and did not sold yet even after 2000$ + it has reached.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: