Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:00:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Posts that -ck inexplicably excised from "The Barry Silbert segwit agreement wit  (Read 290 times)
jbreher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:56:32 AM

I wish to air posts that -ck inexplicably excised from his/her thread "The Barry Silbert segwit agreement with >80% miner agreement."

Of course, that is a self-moderated topic. I am accordingly not making any claim that excising my posts was illegitimate. But custom typically allows for any posts that at least remain on topic. Was I? You be the judge.

This seems to be the one that metaphorically broke the camel's back:

Quote from: -ck
BU ... It's totally irrelevant to this next round of clashes.

As the data shows, it has the largest signaling support. Ergo, it is quite central to the ongoing debates.
Fine, believe what you want and I'll chalk it up to faith and put you back on ignore.

As you wish - it's a free internet.

Though I must confess some bemusement - especially in light of the fact that it certainly seemed to me that -- until our discussion -- you were totally unaware of the implications of parallel validation upon mining dynamics. (implementation shortcomings notwithstanding)

As a sidebar comment, I guess -ck was merely kidding about putting me on ignore.

Here's the preceding message, which seems to have gotten under -ck's skin. While it was a reply to gentlemand rather than to -ck, it reiterated a point of discussion I had made several posts back. And included updated data on the topic of discussion. Which has direct bearing upon the topic of the thread title (that whole >80% miner support ... umm ... manifest untruth):

That's what squishalised Unlimited in the end.

I like the word 'squishalised'. But I do not think that word means what you think it means.jpg. Just now:

BU still #1 in miners signaling support.

And the last one follows. I guess this could arguably be deemed off-topic. As could perhaps any of the other dozens of posts in the thread that centered upon UASF:

Remember that VIAcoin didn't look at what segwit actually does months later after FUDding it.

Hmm. WTF is VIAcoin?

Well then brace for impact because UASF is coming. Segwit is getting in like it or not.

Segwit has already gotten in. If you want Just Another Shitty Segwit Altcoin, be my guest.

Thanks for listening. I'm ready for the expected attaboys and expected pummelings from the expected tribes respectively (albeit with no expectation of respectfully)...

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: