Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the difficulty to mine bitcoins quintupled (x4) since March?  (Read 504 times)
ande85 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:50:34 PM

I remember back in March I was mining bitcoins with a XFX Force HD 7970. I think back then I was making a little over one bitcoin a week on that card, but now, using an overclocked Gigabyte HD 7950 overclocked to around 1200 (I had to send the XFX card back due to it being faulty), I am now earning roughly one bitcoin a month. Has something happened since the start of March and now, or have I completely messed up my numbers somehow?
bornloser

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:02:03 PM

I remember back in March I was mining bitcoins with a XFX Force HD 7970. I think back then I was making a little over one bitcoin a week on that card, but now, using an overclocked Gigabyte HD 7950 overclocked to around 1200 (I had to send the XFX card back due to it being faulty), I am now earning roughly one bitcoin a month. Has something happened since the start of March and now, or have I completely messed up my numbers somehow?

looks that way, alot of interest in coins and mining nowadays. how about thinking quantity over quality? mining for some litecoins.
ande85 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:05:30 PM

I was thinking it might be because butterfly labs said they started shipping. I read some articles that said as much, but still, you never know if what they are saying is true.
dutch_miner

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:09:06 PM

Since ASIC miners have shipped, I noticed the same.

I don't think you're off since I'm having the same issues with my GFX. From 1 a week to 1 a month.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a nomal growth in difficulty requires an exponentially larger amount of Mh/s to muster.

ande85 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

Being poor is never fun...being on social secuity is even worse...and here it was I was hoping to do something about my debts. Well, as long as the card pays for itself, I don't care.

*grumbles*

Anyway what ASICs are being sold? I know the difficulty is going to go up so high that even the $300 I blew on my card won't be enough to recap energy usage. Is it just butterfly labs, or is it others? Doesn't matter I guess...the time it takes to pay off what I owe, the difficulty will be astronomical.
dutch_miner

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:45:33 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0

Mystery miner 67117 Smiley

Here is the post

Avalons have also already started shipping
limitless

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:53:20 PM

Why don't you mine litecoins or feathercoins with that card?

USD wise, it's much more profitable ^_^

My yacoin giveaway: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199716.0 - Need more people to donate in order to keep it going.
My yacoin bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200252.0 - If you want to add bounties, just post here.
YAC address: YKmZSWKiqc9MPzmZ89SAwyXM4wSQqoQE3J
dutch_miner

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:56:09 PM

Why don't you mine litecoins or feathercoins with that card?

USD wise, it's much more profitable ^_^

I reckon it might be because they're nowhere near as populair as BTC's yet. Also, profitability is dependant on exchange rate. And I see more future in BTC than LC's. For now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: