Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant/Zip Zap problems  (Read 824 times)
FranklinPayne (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:34:11 PM

Hello all! I'm new to bitcoin usage (though I have been familiar with it since 2011, and kicking myself for not buying into it back then), and I am having some trouble with BitInstant and Zip Zap. Specifically:

When I get to the Zip Zap portion of my BitInstant transaction the website can never find a local payment center. However, I live in a major metropolitan area in the US and that surprised me. I tried several other zip codes, cities, and even entire states. Zip Zap still couldn't find any local payment centers. So I went to cashpayment.com and typed in my zip code, and there were no less than 15 establishments within 3 miles (including one only a block away). This only happens when I am redirected from BitInstant. Any advice or tech support on this would be very appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

-Frank
Jaxkr

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:16:17 PM

Not all payment centers support ZipZap?
FranklinPayne (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:49:58 AM

Thanks for the reply!

That's what I thought too initially.

If you type in a zip code on cashpayment.com (which *is* ZipZap) you can find plenty of payment centers. Further more, if I go to ZipZap from BitInstant the website shows that there are NO payment centers in the Entire US, which I know is wrong. There is something like 700,000 different places in the US to use ZipZap. Hell, I've even heard about on NPR one afternoon.

-Frank
Jaxkr

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:21:36 AM

Personally, I'd recommend contacting both BitInstant and ZipZap about this issue. It could be a temporary problem, or it could be a severe bug.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:35:32 PM

Thanks for the reply!

If you type in a zip code on cashpayment.com (which *is* ZipZap) you can find plenty of payment centers. Further more, if I go to ZipZap from BitInstant the website shows that there are NO payment centers in the Entire US, which I know is wrong. There is something like 700,000 different places in the US to use ZipZap. Hell, I've even heard about on NPR one afternoon.

-Frank

That's obviously not right, what browser are you using?
bornloser

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:12:47 PM

print out the payment slip and go to cvs or walmart. they will know what to do with it
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:21:55 PM

print out the payment slip and go to cvs or walmart. they will know what to do with it

You can't get a payment slip from zipzap without a location.

To the OP - PM me your zip code etc and other details of the transaction and i'll look into this.
Jaxkr

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:52:39 AM

Thanks for the reply!

-Frank

This is good customer support. Trolling the forums looking for issues.
Keep it up BitInstant.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:57:29 AM

Thanks for the reply!

-Frank

This is good customer support. Trolling the forums looking for issues.
Keep it up BitInstant.

Fixed a lot of the issues causing the recent delays so I now have the time to do this Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: