Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:03:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss almost 40%, should stop trading or not ?  (Read 32499 times)
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:40:27 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

You should still continue if you have the capital because losing is part of trading and through losses you will learn your strengths and weaknesses so that next time when you trade, you will know what mistakes you made that made you loss. Of course there would be times when you still loss because market is unpredictable but you can at least minimize it by having a plan of what to do if something happen. I myself loss higher than 40% but I accepted it and then trade again.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:19:33 AM

Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

You should still continue if you have the capital because losing is part of trading and through losses you will learn your strengths and weaknesses so that next time when you trade, you will know what mistakes you made that made you loss. Of course there would be times when you still loss because market is unpredictable but you can at least minimize it by having a plan of what to do if something happen. I myself loss higher than 40% but I accepted it and then trade again.
Well said , Lucky for both of you in my experience i lost not only 100% it is more than on it in my 1-6 months trading to lose all and i don't stop until i loss again what a difficult situation too make the long story short ,i started with al myself no guude nor help from the others thats why it was too hard for me in that times also i  have no fast internet because i use to save it in browsing trading not in watching in youtube because it limited data only to consume.

coolsai

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:24:43 AM

That's terrible advice, if he has lost 40% he could well lose 40% again. The better bet is to buy and hold a coin you believe in for the long term, trading is more or less the same as gambling and will just as easily give you losses as it will gains.
JPMoron

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:39:21 AM

Simple answer:
No,
I will just continue as Cryptoland is just growing and next year will llikely be better.
HODL I the best, you should not sell it
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:26:25 AM

That's terrible advice, if he has lost 40% he could well lose 40% again. The better bet is to buy and hold a coin you believe in for the long term, trading is more or less the same as gambling and will just as easily give you losses as it will gains.

Not really that bad because he has a point. If you lost during your first trades, that's a given. That's why its best not to invest a big amount the first time. You will learn a few things along the way that will make you better. There's nothing wrong with being safe amd just holding but there's nothing wrong as well to try again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
MarconyGL

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:45:04 AM

When trading you need to disconnect all emotions and stop trading when you start losing a lot. I stop when I lose a maximum of 15-20% so that under the influence of emotions do not lose everything.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:05:26 AM

Based on what you said, you looks like a panic trader. You are so worried to lose when the price went down after you bought it. If you were patient, you can wait for pump time and you wont lose. Obviously waiting is sucks, but that's what you should do while trading.
So You should stop if you have no patience in trading, otherwise you will never gain any profit.
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:39:46 AM

never stop, patience is the key, i lost almost 90% when i started, then came back to make over 3000% and still going, i almost quit but i'm glad i didnt, you gotta have patience and confidence over all, that or just hodl
buneskiti

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 08:53:55 AM

While most people set profit targets with trades, the most important thing you need to set is a loss target ie. how much loss should you take before exiting a trade and you should also never go all in.

mines is 20% loss and I seriously consider the position at that price, either by doubling down or exiting hoping to buy even lower

the market preys on indecisiveness and impatience, unless the coin is fundamentally rubbish you will always make your money if you hold long enough
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:27:31 AM

For me, i will not stop trading, good traders learned from their previous mistakes. You will get a good profit when you finally learned some techniques in trading. And finally earned more and bring back what was lost from your investment.
Yes there will be no trader who have never made mistakes while trading.
All professional traders might have faced this kind of big losses but 40% losses must be very much humiliating one alone. A trader should stop trading when he will be facing 10% losses itself. Should stop and should learn how to avoid losses before continuing trading.
ChangeIsComing

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:28:29 AM

Feel your loss. Really depends on your financial situation. General rule of thumb is that don't trade with money that you need. And that applies to stocks, with cryptos this is even more true....
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 10:36:22 AM

never stop, patience is the key, i lost almost 90% when i started, then came back to make over 3000% and still going, i almost quit but i'm glad i didnt, you gotta have patience and confidence over all, that or just hodl
Good fighting spirit bro , You're losses doesn't become a reason for you to stop and that be you best motivation to get back and correct what are your mistakes and get a much bigger profit .I think you learn many things in trading because of that ,keep trading keep it up.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:30:09 AM

Try to control your emotions and wait for your coins to rise again. Maybe you made a mistake but don't give up. Next time try to have a good analization before buying something. Dont rush into things, just always wait because the currency are always not stable.

stunvn

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:36:50 PM

All altcoins are dead at the moment. How can you guys still making money?

I even buy low but tomorrow the price goes lower and touched my stop-loss. Fuck that, I thought that if I don't put stop-loss, it won't touch it and will bounce up soon. But no!!! fuck! I bought STRAT, didn't put stop-loss because of fear of losing. But no. It went lower tomorrow when BTC surge to $3k more. FML.

I thought this month all alts will have a brighter future but no! BTC up to the ATH and alts fall back. I lost 0.6 BTC in 20 days.
I wish I never buy any altcoin, I should stay with my bitcoin. The idea should have more bitcoin turns out losing almost everything.

I have no LUCK. FML.

I'm on a losing streak. I should hold bitcoin and quit trading for a month a two to peace my mind again.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:52:23 PM

If you dont trust in the prospect of BTC or other crypto, I suggest you rather stop trading.

Trading is not easy job. It's an art of understanding the technicals and forecasting the future . If you are good at it then only trading can become a successful else you can suffer losses in it . So better to first learn this skills .
Yes, there will be no point when we are not having enough confident about the future of one asset to trade with. Trading is nothing but a short-term investment.

So, we must have enough knowledge about the future of an asset to trade with. Otherwise losses will occur when we are dealing with improper assets. Improper means for example lots of scam coins are there and trading them definitely will lead to big losses.

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:02:06 PM

If you can't afford loses then you should never invest into cryptocurrencies. Because the first rule is not to sell when it goes down. Hold them tight, give some time. I have seen lots of people got loss in trading but patience is virtue.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:24:19 PM

If you can't afford loses then you should never invest into cryptocurrencies. Because the first rule is not to sell when it goes down. Hold them tight, give some time. I have seen lots of people got loss in trading but patience is virtue.
Put the money that you can really afford to lose in trading.
Otherwise you will not have a good result as you may will always underpressure and your decision won't be good either.
Cutloss before that kind losses happened , i mean set your cut loss on 5% or so. 40% is way too deep.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:30:59 PM

-40% isn't much in perspective. bitcoin and many other coins have made wilder swings!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:15:52 PM

Losses are just part of trading so it has nothing to do with cryptocurrency trading  especially. But a trader must focus on avoiding losses in upcoming trades so that he will get chances to recover his losses. When continuing trading with no improvements will lead to 100% losses of capital. I guess no trader will be ready to lose all his capital as it will be much humiliating one for sure.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:11:28 PM

It's a good coin you have invested,but you have a weak hand,why are you so eager to sell?
You only loss when you sell,in trading patience is number one factor to make profit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: