Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trade at multiple exchanges?  (Read 19258 times)
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:40:40 PM

Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
Yes I am using multiple or different exchange site to trade in.
I do believed that true traders is not using one exchange platform.
Because the more you scattered your coins is also the profit will spreadout too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:03:52 AM

Yes, the price of some altcoin varies on different trading sites.
But doing an withdraw or deposit on sites to sell coins and earn small penny is not much profitable because transaction fees will cost you much.

Instead you can balance BTC in both the trading sites.
If price varies on two trading sites then purchase the coin on the site where price is low and sell the same coin on the another site where the price is high. Dont transfer the coins from one site to another coz it will cost much transaction fees.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:11:32 PM

Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
Yes I am using multiple or different exchange site to trade in.
I do believed that true traders is not using one exchange platform.
Because the more you scattered your coins is also the profit will spreadout too.
to me I think most of the people are using multiple exchanges here. and  so I am, I personally using different exchanges specially c-cex and yobit. these two are my favourit exchanges and  I really found these exchanges more reliable and trusted I am using these exchange for years but never found anything wrong while using these exchanges, it never created any issue for me.
ccoinca

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:34:53 PM

But doing an withdraw or deposit on sites to sell coins and earn small penny is not much profitable because transaction fees will cost you much.

If price varies on two trading sites then purchase the coin on the site where price is low and sell the same coin on the another site where the price is high. Dont transfer the coins from one site to another coz it will cost much transaction fees.

This requires you to be exposed to long BTC price risk at all times.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:56:54 PM

I only use one exchange, never try arbitrage because i don't have that many balance to spread and price difference is hard to come by. I use bittrex because the site looks nice, good volume and no chat box that can distract me.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:58:10 PM

I use multiple exchange but not because of the price difference, it's because the coin i want to trade only available in some exchange so i have to use that exchange to trade. I mostly trade in bittrex whenever i can

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:35:52 PM

Guess you are talking about Arbitrage trading. Weird this is what I was researching on today. Kind of feels like Bitcointalk algorithm tracks everything I searched for online to recommend similar stuff on the forum.
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:01:25 PM

Yes I often trade on multiple exchanges and the reasons are that sometimes it happen that the price on some exchange are high and on some are lower so I get benefit from that situation and the other reason is that some exchanges often do not add a particular coin and for that I use other exchange.
Tap Project

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Tap Into A World That Is More Than Just Gaming

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 08:43:30 PM

Arbitrage can be very beneficial in some cases. What you have to think about is

1) exchange fees/ transfer fees
2) Time delay ( they can go very quickly and cause you to lose "the gap")
3) depositing into exchanges that have, as some said earlier, shady practices... or even simply long or poor deposit times
3) The "Now what" once you've arbitraged....

Number 3 is very important to think about, because once you've arbitraged you may have to "reload" your other exchange or wait until the exchange that you transferred to is now lower to be able to transfer out..

just some stuff to think about.

~www.tapproject.net~ Transferable In-game Multiplatform In-game Currency
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:52:14 PM

Yes I often trade on multiple exchanges and the reasons are that sometimes it happen that the price on some exchange are high and on some are lower so I get benefit from that situation and the other reason is that some exchanges often do not add a particular coin and for that I use other exchange.
yes that is right to say but i think that the security and the exchanges rates are also another reason of using different exchanges, some time we examine a big variation in the price of bitcoin, for example currently tin preev.com the price of bitcoin s trading just 2822$ wile in betstamp the price of bitcoin is trading  2880$. so it is a big difference between the price of bitcoin. but for me the main reason is the security of the exchanges .
Angel777

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:23:22 PM

Its good to trade in multiple exchange because when you hit the price increase you profit a big amount. Trading is like gambling,There you win or lose.But if you often win on gambling,you profit but in trading theres always a profit.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:34:46 PM

Yes, I do use different exchanging sites to trade because sometimes few coins have different rate in every sites. In my case I use multiple sites like 1 kind of coin i one exchanging site because I believe that you should not put all of your eggs in one basket. 
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:15:51 PM

I am using at least 3 exchanges. When there is an opportunity to arbitrage, I do it. Also, its better to have multiple exchanges, you can check price movement in each exchanges.There are also coins that is only for a certain exchanges can be traded.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:45:28 PM

I am using at least 3 exchanges. When there is an opportunity to arbitrage, I do it. Also, its better to have multiple exchanges, you can check price movement in each exchanges.There are also coins that is only for a certain exchanges can be traded.

What exchangers sites you use? I also use 3 exchangers for arbitrage, among others; liqui.io, bittrex, and poloniex.

BitZonk

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:54:01 PM

I do not make arbitrage but I move my funds where I can find the best trading conditions (fees, liquidity, leverage, etc.).
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:19:13 PM

Its good to trade in multiple exchange because when you hit the price increase you profit a big amount. Trading is like gambling,There you win or lose.But if you often win on gambling,you profit but in trading theres always a profit.

Gambling is the risky investment and I do not how you compare the bitcoin trading with gambling. Bitcoin trading is legit and most trusty option to invest among all available platforms on bitcoin.
Try to invest the bitcoin in the trading account, I hope you can invest 0.05 bitcoin in the site and start your trading career.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:27:52 PM

That is called arbitrage and does not work unless your overall balance is higher.  Even with a high enough balance, the difference in the two sites prices has to be pretty extreme and stay that way for a period of time.  most of the time, it simply won't happen.  The first site, where your balance is being stored, will charge you a fee to withdraw your coins to the other wallet on the other site.  if that is the only move that you make, then the fees might not eat up the small profit that you made. 
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:29:11 PM

That is called arbitrage and does not work unless your overall balance is higher.  Even with a high enough balance, the difference in the two sites prices has to be pretty extreme and stay that way for a period of time.  most of the time, it simply won't happen.  The first site, where your balance is being stored, will charge you a fee to withdraw your coins to the other wallet on the other site.  if that is the only move that you make, then the fees might not eat up the small profit that you made. 

if you combine that trading with other trades, all of which have fees, then the mess will just eat away at your balance and you will break even or lose.
Michhotdog

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:36:16 PM

if you combine that trading with other trades, all of which have fees, then the mess will just eat away at your balance and you will break even or lose.
Dissipate their attention to several works, this is stupidity. Here I completely agree with you, because the incomes will be unequal with the costs. But if it works well for a few directions, then you need to look for exits and minimize losses.

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:51:43 PM

yes that is right to say but i think that the security and the exchanges rates are also another reason of using different exchanges, some time we examine a big variation in the price of bitcoin, for example currently tin preev.com the price of bitcoin s trading just 2822$ wile in betstamp the price of bitcoin is trading  2880$. so it is a big difference between the price of bitcoin. but for me the main reason is the security of the exchanges .
For the security of exchange I will say that we have to use only those exchanges which are bigger in our community and which have a very fair and clear history and many people are satisfied with that. We do not have to use those exchanges which have a shady history and many people complaint against that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: