Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:27:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here, mining looks interesting  (Read 350 times)
typtyphus (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:51:26 PM

I just started mining a few minutes ago after bitcoin mining being mentions. Sounds like fun.

current situation:
https://i.imgur.com/PbNLMT3.png

I could see that mining can be lucrative, and interested in getting more serious. SO I was thinking about getting myself a BitForce 5 GH/s SC, not too expensive. Something I could "easily" miss. This thing earns itself back double in 1 month, if the MH/s calculator is correct. and perhaps get the 25GH/s after another 2 months.

So I've got a question.

anyone here that make his/her primary income from mining? because if I had a few if these machines, I would be making more than my current income. If the currency remains stable.
tecnocris

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:11:34 AM

If you want to earn a living doing mining you are going to have to work at it. Mining requires a lot of time spent in forums reading and learning, then once you have the capital invested in hardware you have to tweak and tweak and tweak. There will be less work with the asic miners but by the time your order is fulfilled in a few months and you actually start mining with it the difficulty will be through the roof as compared to right now, so your profits will not be as high as they look like today. As time goes on and the difficulty continues increasing then eventually you will earn less than the electricity you spend to run the hardware (with asic mining this is less of a concern).

Additionally, if you want to earn a living you are also going to have to continue scaling up, which means a lot of investment which means rather than taking your earnings as pay, you are going to have to roll them back into more hardware so you can earn more so you can get more hardware and the cycle continues. Its the only way to stay ahead of the curve. So yeah, good luck and have fun, I hope you can figure out a strategy and make a good go at it!
gamefreakgc

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:08:09 AM

I just started mining a few minutes ago after bitcoin mining being mentions. Sounds like fun.
 I could see that mining can be lucrative, and interested in getting more serious. SO I was thinking about getting myself a BitForce 5 GH/s SC, not too expensive. Something I could "easily" miss. This thing earns itself back double in 1 month, if the MH/s calculator is correct. and perhaps get the 25GH/s after another 2 months.

So I've got a question.

anyone here that make his/her primary income from mining? because if I had a few if these machines, I would be making more than my current income. If the currency remains stable.

The hard part is that as more people mine a specific currency and the difficulty increases, your profits decrease. I'd start with a cheaper rig and see if you want to keep investing more money in hardware. It might not pay out as well as your calculator suggests to quit your day job.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: