Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:15:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining bitbars  (Read 1420 times)
Gamesfreak13563 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:10:33 AM

How many khash/s do you need and how long will it take to get a return?
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:13:34 AM

I started about 2 hours ago and am at 1.09 right now with about 1200 KH/s. Funny enough, 2 of them were found in the last 30 minutes, after difficulty jumped up significantly from when I first started. As with all solo mining, it's all about luck I guess.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
treiq

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:13:50 AM

I was getting blocks up untill 3-4 hours ago with 1200 khash/s

I think it's pretty hard to find a block now with that diff, i would guess 4-5 hours with my current hash rate for a block <- which is also getting smaller and smaller.

I got 5 BTB and have been mining all day.
Gamesfreak13563 (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:15:51 AM

So I'll get nothing with 800kh starting now, huh? Dammit..
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:16:19 AM

I think it's pretty hard to find a block now with that diff, i would guess 4-5 hours with my current hash rate for a block <- which is also getting smaller and smaller.

How have you been mining all day a coin that went 'public' 6 hours ago?
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:16:43 AM

If you can get even 1 block in a day, it'll be much better than mining BTC. 1 Bitbar are worth about 0.5 BTC right now.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
treiq

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:20:27 AM

Well, it's 03.20 AM here now, and i started when it didn't even have 1 post in it yet. Figured it was "all day" worthy ^^
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:28:17 AM

Well, it's 03.20 AM here now, and i started when it didn't even have 1 post in it yet. Figured it was "all day" worthy ^^

Well that would be Smiley
spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:35:26 AM

If you can get even 1 block in a day, it'll be much better than mining BTC. 1 Bitbar are worth about 0.5 BTC right now.

however since bitbar is scrypt, while doing your calculations have to keep in mind that you are missing out on mining feathercoins which is pretty solid and profitable these days - instead of comparing it to mining BTC.

mining chinacoins seems like more of a gamble since either

a) lots of amazing stuff iis happening behind the stages on some chinese forum that somehow nobody from bitcointalk has posted yet (remember that ftc was backed by the community quite a lot)

or

b) it's actually true that the developer has fled the scene and nobody is giving a shit

Bitbar's value right now is still highly speculative but with such high variance while solo mining with 1 mh/s it is probably the safer choice to mine ftc for now. Also the less adventurous one.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:38:38 AM

however since bitbar is scrypt, while doing your calculations have to keep in mind that you are missing out on mining feathercoins which is pretty solid and profitable these days - instead of comparing it to mining BTC.

a) lots of amazing stuff iis happening behind the stages on some chinese forum that somehow nobody from bitcointalk has posted yet (remember that ftc was backed by the community quite a lot)

or

b) it's actually true that the developer has fled the scene and nobody is giving a shit

Bitbar's value right now is still highly speculative but with such high variance while solo mining with 1 mh/s it is probably the safer choice to mine ftc for now. Also the less adventurous one.

How is it 'less adventurous' to mine feathercoin? A coin that was released 2 weeks ago, has increased in value 1000% in two days and has no practical usage (except to scam people out of bitcoin) or uniqueness at all. I don't get today's alt coin users.
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:40:14 AM

Difficulty is rising steadily on this, up to 1 now. You'll get 0.25 BitBars every hour or so on 1.2 MH/s
spoid

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:42:31 AM

or

How is it 'less adventurous' to mine feathercoin? A coin that was released 2 weeks ago, has increased in value 1000% in two days and has no practical usage (except to scam people out of bitcoin) or uniqueness at all. I don't get today's alt coin users.

All right, I agree that it is quite adventurous as well, just less adventurous than mining the coin that was released 6 hours ago and whose main announcement thread has turned into a flamewar, with skyrocketing difficulty and still no single pool.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
TheSwede75

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:44:50 AM

or

All right, I agree that it is quite adventurous as well, just less adventurous than mining the coin that was released 6 hours ago and whose main announcement thread has turned into a flamewar, with skyrocketing difficulty and still no single pool.

Agreed.
Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:49:21 AM

At the price people are paying for bitbars it's certainly worth throwing some power at it still. People are paying up to 0.5 BTC for 1 BTB and the reward for finding a block was 0.275 when I found my last block about 20 minutes ago. It's definitely getting harder to find blocks but the rewards for doing so are high due to the low availability of BTB.
spoid

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 12:51:27 AM

True, I somehow expect prices to drop once somebody puts a pool together.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: