Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner Miner Ready to Mine  (Read 577 times)
HardFireMiner (OP)

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:03:47 AM

Good day fellow miners, I've been with you for a while, reading your thoughts, some of them were even useful! Cheesy Thank you for your contribution in getting crypto explained and understood.

I started mining now after waiting for 2 weeks for my risers. Mining ethereum at 175-180 MH/s.

Any advises for a beginner miner?

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
couture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:34:19 AM

Well done and welcome

Whats your full spec list?

Mobo:
GPUs:
Risers:
CPU:
RAM:
PSU:
Operating System:
USB/SSD/HDD:
Price per kWh:

Pictures or it didnt happen!

Smiley
HardFireMiner (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 09:45:08 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2017, 09:56:36 AM by HardFireMiner

Sorry mate, not sure i want to post pictures yet, not ready i guess Cheesy.

6 ASUS ROG RX570 Strix 4GB, Bios OC, manually, took me several hours before I got them stable to 30.7 MH/s hash rate at miningpoolhub. At stock hashrate was at 22.2 mh/s
Almost 10 hours spent on the web searching for a solution - 5 gpus identified normal, the sixth one with exclamation sign at driver in device manager.
Cheap biostar mobo with only 3 pci-e ports (I thought the pci slots on mobo were pci-e, shame on me Cheesy ) Sad (1 pci-e x16, 2 pci-e x1).
So got 2 pci-e 1x 3x x16 adaptors from amazon and 7 risers.
FM2 Socket, cheap amd cpu, dual core 3000 mhz , 4gb ram ddr3.
EVGA power supply 1000W modular for all gpus and Deep Cool, 500W for mobo, coolers, cpu etc.
Homemade rack out of scrap(not really, bought cheap metal parts) and got it assembled.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 10:06:28 AM

i suggest to dual mine if you have amd, with sia or pascalite, not pascal original, they give you a higher profit, than simple mining with etheruem, take a look at clymore dual mining ETH thread

HardFireMiner (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:04:46 AM

i suggest to dual mine if you have amd, with sia or pascalite, not pascal original, they give you a higher profit, than simple mining with etheruem, take a look at clymore dual mining ETH thread

Thank you for you advice! I will definitely try it out today and will post some feedback after testing it for a while.

PanneKopp

Activity: 391

aka ...

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:09:00 AM

Hi @HardFireMiner,

I´m  not quite sure, what you want to tell us (no information from your side)

You get Mining ethereum at 175-180 MH/s - cheers !

Can you supply any helpful information for other noobs, which might help them ?

Wink

... please make an educated guess !
HardFireMiner (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:38:25 AM

Hi @HardFireMiner,

I´m  not quite sure, what you want to tell us (no information from your side)

You get Mining ethereum at 175-180 MH/s - cheers !

Can you supply any helpful information for other noobs, which might help them ?

Wink
I am a beginner myself so all I am doing is testing, don't know if I am sufficiently informed to provide advises. All I know is from here and other sites. To be honest, it's not rocket science.
OC the core clock at 1430 Mhz and memory clock at 2030 Mhz.

Also, was thinking on mining some of the top 10 gpu minable coins, maybe after some time they will get pumped, who knows.  

FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:50:31 AM

Congrats on the rig I have one motherboard that I can only run 4 gpus and was thinking of getting a 1x to 3 1x adapter from amazon is this was you got and did you have any trouble installing it or was automatically detected by win
HardFireMiner (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:54:30 AM

Congrats on the rig I have one motherboard that I can only run 4 gpus and was thinking of getting a 1x to 3 1x adapter from amazon is this was you got and did you have any trouble installing it or was automatically detected by win
No it got automatically detected by windows, though one riser is not working, good thing I got +1. So I recommend you to get +1 each item, they aren't 100% working, my example proves this.

PanneKopp

Activity: 391

aka ...

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:27:21 PM

No it got automatically detected by windows, though one riser is not working, good thing I got +1. So I recommend you to get +1 each item, they aren't 100% working, my example proves this.

... what is that fuss about ?

cherio

... please make an educated guess !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: