Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 06:26:51 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Encrypting  (Read 407 times)
SilverandBitcoins (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:35:21 AM

I was not sure where to post my question...but here goes.  I clicked on "encrypt" and created a password for my Ppcoin wallet.  I did not notice any difference - I shut down the application and re-started it - still no noticeable difference.  I expected that I would have to enter my password each time I opened the wallet, but that is not the case.  I did notice that there is no longer an option to "encrypt" the wallet and there is also a message now at the bottom of the wallet window that says: "Info: Minting suspended due to locked wallet.".  What on earth is going on?  Can I still send and receive coins?

Cause, I aint proud - BTC: 1DyXSR8nsB56yhTUhR5HMKLzB6UpytiWnK
femanon

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:10:49 AM

You need your password to send money. It will prompt for password after clicking send. Get address on btc-e or vircurex and send small amount back and forth to become familiar with process.
SilverandBitcoins (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:29:06 PM

Hey...thanks a bunch.  That makes sense.  There's so much to learn and it can be costly to make a mistake Shocked

Cause, I aint proud - BTC: 1DyXSR8nsB56yhTUhR5HMKLzB6UpytiWnK
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: