Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bars VS. coins What is better?
Bars - 78 (41.9%)
Coins - 108 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 186

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]New Crypto-Currency BAR!! BitBar consolidating your digital wealth  (Read 16875 times)
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:39:02 AM

Yes, exactly, the original PPCoin demonstrated that the difficulty was too low even way back then.

However much NoVaCoin increased it presumably also was not enough?

So by the time BitBar came out it should have been apparent that even more increase was needed...

-MarkM-

Nope, ppcoin started at difficulty 256, the first block took about 20 minutes to arrive after build was published. For a SHA-256 coin, it was reasonable at that time.

Novacoin started with a very low difficulty for scrypt coins, so you probably could generate early blocks very fast with even cpu. That's how Balthazar got > 110K coins. Technically Balthazar didn't 'premine' either, he told his compatriot about the release.

Bitbar started with very low difficulty too.

I would recommend developers who want to fork ppcoin, to pick a higher starting difficulty. Due to the way minting is designed in ppcoin, block subsidy would drop as difficulty increase, if you pick low starting difficulty, it would greatly amplify first day mintage and give the public an impression of heavy premining. For ppcoin, we started at a high difficulty of 256 and with 9 days of announcement, yet there are still people accusing us of premining to this day.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:42:20 AM

couldnt agree more, great crypto !

Blah blah
TruCoin (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:42:39 AM

SunnyKing = most unappreciated dev on forum
PPCoin = most unappreciated altcoin

Shocked

oh don't get me wrong i am sitting on my limited PPC becasue i know they will do great . its just with my limited hardware i cannot seem to get enough PPC together .After my research PPC is starting to get me exited he he he he  just need to get more hardware

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:52:06 AM

I think what makes BitBar so great is the concept of "bars" its a lot cleaner then 10,000 coins worth 1BTC. Smaller is better . What attracts people to the huge reward coins is the same thing that makes the large rewards coins less valued . Its easy per say to get a bunch of high reward coins but i think most people will agree easy never equates to value. It should not be easy to mine a good cryto-currency

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:06:36 AM

I added a Poll to this thread so we can figure this out together. Bars VS. Coins . what is better?

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:52:56 AM

couldnt agree more, great crypto !
+1  Grin

TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:23:07 AM

I added a Poll to this thread so we can figure this out together. Bars VS. Coins . what is better?

8 votes Bars winning ya ya  Grin

baka

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:31:55 AM

What use is a crypto that can only be mined by the devs. No one's figured out how to mine it in a pool and seeing as it's being mined at high diffs leads me to believe either the devs had a pool setup before hand or there are some individuals with obscene rigs mining the tits out of it, or both. Either way mere mortals can't touch it so it's useless.

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sc8XY5PmHK1NJ2DNvJhS82AQVFwMGimX8w
appsimpel

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:35:18 AM

had the opportinity to mine some in its early hours, however not able to get them anymore...
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 06:45:39 AM

interesting...

Diff is already at 2.22216071 on scypt. Could this coin be so hard to mine...it killed itself already with a high diff?

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:22:16 PM

interesting...

Diff is already at 2.22216071 on scypt. Could this coin be so hard to mine...it killed itself already with a high diff?

A high diff means it's popular, if it's not popular, difficulty wouldn't go up high.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
AlexMerced

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:05:46 PM

SunnyKing = most unappreciated dev on forum
PPCoin = most unappreciated altcoin

Shocked

For the record in all my bitcoin related youtube videos I have promoted Litecoin and PPcoin, and how that I know SunnyKing is the dev I tip my hats I am a PPcoin fan and hold a few myself!

hypnos2k

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:06:25 PM

There is an official website of this? For more info about , thanks
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:08:55 PM

There is an official website of this? For more info about , thanks
http://bitbar.biz/

AlexMerced

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:13:26 PM

lol, I find the comment that the big innovation is the word "bars" very amusing

At the end of the day the currency that will win out will be...

- The one with the most convient ability to attain (easy to use exchanges), use (many vendors accepting), and hold (portable and secure wallets)

No matter how novel or innovative that actual coins code, those will be the factors that determines the coins viability in everyday commerce.

Bitcoin is way ahead in this game, although PPcoin and Litecoin I do feel will be standard bearer alternatives as their infrastructure has built up nicely.

Doesn't mean any altcoin is useless, they exist and once they do they will always exist long as there is a few people running the client so you never know.

(Yes, I am building a altcoin, but it's a clone of a clone with no innovation (forked smallchange which forked litecoin) and I'm under no pretense that it'll be a major coin but mainly making it as a tribute to FA Hayek who wrote about competing currencies. At the end of the day the real coins to me so far at BTC, LTC, and PPC and I'm interested to see what happens with XRP since there is other things going on with that currency)

fishboy

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:29:50 PM

it would have been nice if the difficulty was set to higher... since supposedly these bars should have been rarer than the coins... why set the difficulty to low from the start ?

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 03:38:13 PM

it would have been nice if the difficulty was set to higher... since supposedly these bars should have been rarer than the coins... why set the difficulty to low from the start ?

To pre-mine it, that is, to snap up shitloads of coins before most miners have even heard of it.

s/coins/bars/

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:57:43 PM

What use is a crypto that can only be mined by the devs. No one's figured out how to mine it in a pool and seeing as it's being mined at high diffs leads me to believe either the devs had a pool setup before hand or there are some individuals with obscene rigs mining the tits out of it, or both. Either way mere mortals can't touch it so it's useless.

Solo mine it they same way you solo LTC or any other scypt-based Coin.Anyone can do it!!! I several blocks in less than 8 hours with only 1000 k/h .

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:59:55 PM

I'm solo mining it, it can still be solo mined reasonably at the moment with a single rig that produce 1mh or more. You will get several blocks per day.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
TruCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:03:42 PM

It is good that difficulty is high!!!! That makes the value of the BARS  limitless . Easy does not equate Value. most alt-coins that came out you could mine thousands of worthless coins within an hour. With BITBAR i have been mining for almost two days and barely have two bars. This is good .LESS is more . I would rather have one gold BAR then a bunch of gold coins. that is what i believe the developers had in mind with BITBAR

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: