Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to purchase Bitcoin  (Read 843 times)
scottmazzy (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 05:24:51 PM

I am sure that you all have experienced the first attempt at putting $ into an account so you can purchase Bitcoins.  I looked at CEX.io and found that they charge 7% as a seller's fee.  That seems pretty expensive.  I have no problem qualifying for credit card use or bank transfers.  There must be less expensive ways of purchasing Bitcoins.  Can anybody give me some advice?

Thanks,
Scottmazzy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:06:46 PM

I am sure that you all have experienced the first attempt at putting $ into an account so you can purchase Bitcoins.  I looked at CEX.io and found that they charge 7% as a seller's fee.  That seems pretty expensive.  I have no problem qualifying for credit card use or bank transfers.  There must be less expensive ways of purchasing Bitcoins.  Can anybody give me some advice?

Thanks,
Scottmazzy
It might not be cheaper do your research first about coinbase,I do buying from them and to me their services is very Ok. You can also look at exchange section here under services for black market sale but remember to use escrow.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:45:39 PM

We need to know your country before answering that.
scottmazzy (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:59:27 PM

I am from the San Francisco Bay Area...good ol USA
btc-mike

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:05:00 PM

Coinbase is good place to start.

You can also look into Gemini or Kraken. Gemini allows ACH transfers.
death69

Activity: 1202
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:24:07 PM

Coinbase is good place to start.

You can also look into Gemini or Kraken. Gemini allows ACH transfers.
coinbase is good but only a few countries are acceptable to buy bitcoin from coinbase. I recommend find some retail seller in your country
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:35:36 PM

Thanks,
Scottmazzy

We do have many options for buying and selling bitcoin as per the market price. Try coinbase or localbitcoins for an example. I have used localbitcoins for many time to buy or sell bitcoin and was never disappointed. Just check the rating for the seller and look for better rates as per your need.

Try finding local sellers in your localbitcoins account and you will get the options for bank account or card funding. use any of it as per your convenience and need. There is no fee taken by local bitcoins website but provides you with a free escrow platform to ensure the safety of your fund.

sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 12:53:23 AM

Mostly I prefer to buy or sell bitcoin on localbitcoins as it is the safest place I think as most of the traders are the trusted one with good ratings so you can choose a trader that gives you best price and localbitcoins involves escrow which makes it more safer so if anything goes wrong then you can start a dispute and support team will help in solving your issues.

ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:59:27 AM

the best placed local exchanger youre country
because low fee about bank transfer , if you from europe land is the best kraken
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:02:36 AM

If you want to purchase for the first time go to local exchanges like localbitcoins. I always look for cheapest rate on exchanges. But beware of fees before trading your fiat money to coins.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:35:32 PM

Thanks,
Scottmazzy
The best option would be buying bitcoins from localbitcoins.com.Various prices are listed by different sellers for bitcoins.We could chose the best price and buy from that seller by bank transfer or face to face if option available.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:40:03 PM

Apart from what has already been suggested if you are looking to purchase a small amount you could try an ATM, they will have a charge but it should be less than the 7% but try one of the other options first as they will be cheaper.
Coffee2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:20:36 AM

It is better to buy from Bitsatamp or Bitfinex.
You have to try there.
AltBacked

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:22:33 AM

the best way to purchase bitcoins is localbitcoin because it has lot of offers like btc with cash near by or transfer money to you local bank account
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:00:32 AM

the best way to purchase bitcoins is localbitcoin because it has lot of offers like btc with cash near by or transfer money to you local bank account
Thank for this recommendations, though I do think bitcoin is too expensive at local bitcoin compared to exchangers platform. From were I come from I see localbitcoin as a black market kind of setting as most of the seller price is to high compared to the exchange price at coinbase.
gokayc

Activity: 406
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:50:58 PM

Thanks,
Scottmazzy

I would buy from local exchange websites such as bitstamps or kraken. You may use localbicoins.com too. You can find many trader from localbitcoins.com which is trustful and has good price. You can buy via local bank transfer so you dont have to pay so much fees.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
Amadues

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:35:29 PM

Thanks,
Scottmazzy

No, they dont charge "7% fee" if you use your bitcoins for trading on their market.IMO you checked "buysell" area of site not market platform. I have a account on cex.io and they are best one for selling and cashout  bitcoins in fiat. Their current bitcoin/usd  exchange  rate is above average market rate. Everything will be hassle-free and easy after hard verification (AML/KYC) process.
If you dont have account on exchange services,you should give a shot to localbitcoins. Also check bitpanda and cubits, verification process will be easy for europan customers.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:54:51 PM

You can use and access localbitcoin. There will be a lot of sellers who offer the best price, in addition you will also get a seller who is in your area. So you will not worry about the cost of money transfer transactions, including when you use BANK as a money transfer media. You will get service and also trust when you are one region with a seller.
Angel777

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:35:23 PM

Yes to purchase botcoin now is a very good idea.Because bitcoin scatered in many campaign and after a few months,if you join to bitcoin campaign your account will become better in and biigger that can change life of person
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:48:57 PM

As you are from America, its not that complicated to buy BTC. Coinbase is the best place for you and the process of buying is easy in it compared to other exchanges. Karken is also a good exchange. If it is possible then check localbitcoins and find some local sellers, you get a negotiation on the price.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█