Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:19:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoins?  (Read 499 times)
redemptor (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:05:14 AM

Isn't it a lot of hassle,much more than $ or plastic? If it wasn't for the crazy run-up in price and a hope for a lot more or a personal need for the underground economy,why bitcoins? Bitcoins seem to be time consuming to use.Plus the horror stories of wallet rip-offs,key-stroke thieves and other situations with little legal remedies,along with lost passwords.Speculation seems to be the only reason to bother.
Kennji

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:07:40 AM

Any currency will have its horror stories.  Fiat or digital.

I am sure there are far more horror stories with fiat currency than digital.

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
redemptor (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:13:08 AM

Bitcoins,as a means of an exchange still seems much more cumbersome than $s.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:17:38 AM

Sure, why not?  It won't be until you're dicked over that you'll see the benefit of Bitcoin (I hope you've been reading the news lately, btw, or you might not understand what I mean.)

Anyway, give it some time, and it'll be made easy peasy.  Trading gold for bread isn't a simple task, either; difference being, Bitcoin's got a technological and commercial gap it has to cross.  Gold is created from an exploding star and has been around for billions of years before the dawn of man, and I still can't send it to Bill in South Africa in a matter of seconds.

Kennji

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Mine Litecoins.

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:22:59 AM

Sure, why not?  It won't be until you're dicked over that you'll see the benefit of Bitcoin (I hope you've been reading the news lately, btw, or you might not understand what I mean.)

Anyway, give it some time, and it'll be made easy peasy.  Trading gold for bread isn't a simple task, either; difference being, Bitcoin's got a technological and commercial gap it has to cross.  Gold is created from an exploding star and has been around for billions of years before the dawn of man, and I still can't send it to Bill in South Africa in a matter of seconds.

Great post!

LTC - LKcrBEAbuW85obSbHnmw7y8XWWufWqjsxx
BTC - 1JseeJ4h2XsShmaj1ci2J3kWA6qhCfj52U
@Zack

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:05:48 AM

Agree with u.
redemptor (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:10:56 AM

Granted,bitcoins and crypto-currencies have promises and possibly promising futures.But today are most of your transactions based upon it being the best available means to transact or for promotional reasons?
cryptogoldstandard

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:19:08 AM

I like the privacy aspect of Bitcoins. It's perfectly untraceable. In this day and age everything we do is watched and monitored, so more privacy is better. You can't even open up a Google email anymore without a phone number. Bitcoin is outside the system and that is what gives it value.
lukemarshall

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:20:37 AM

The privacy, the technology factor, and the lack of fees!

Its all about what the people want...
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:57:55 AM

Consumers can spend bitcoins with no risk of identity theft, a real danger with other electronic payment systems.
Merchants can accept bitcoins with no risk of chargeback fraud, another danger which you don't hear about as much because merchants simply pass the costs on to you, the consumer.
Everybody using bitcoins benefits from extremely low fees as compared to other electronic payment systems.

There are also economic and political reasons for using bitcoins, but they're not as important to most people, who just want something they can use to buy pizza and beer.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: