Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI Z270-A PRO - no video output when main GPU has modded BIOS  (Read 402 times)
rlauritzen (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:04:15 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2017, 05:53:21 AM by rlauritzen

That's right. I have a few modded XFX RX 470 RS and this motherboard don't let the main GPU output video most of times. When it rarely does, I see no BIOS screen, it gets directly to Windows.
If I reflash it with stock BIOS, it works, I get video output. All other GPUs are modded and work as expected.

I've tested the same main GPUs with other motherboards (BIOSTAR TB85, ASRock PRO BTC) and I had no problem at all.

Any suggestion? Did anyone have the same problem as me?  Huh

Thank you

edit: I figured it out

Instructions:
- Install Windows 10 with Cryptocurrency Mining ENABLED + Windows 10 OS enabled on the BIOS.
- Before biosmodding the main GPU (video output), change the Windows from 10 to 7, even if you're using Windows 10, otherwise the GPU will not output video.
- Still on BIOS, activate multimonitor support even if you will not use onboard video. Look for that option... I don't remember where it is located.

If you're getting errors on the Device Manager, try using the AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher (google it) and restart your computer.
Virtual Memory 16384 to 20000 is enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: