Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:29:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low Hashrate Mining Ethereum with GeForce GTX 1070 on MinerGate  (Read 59202 times)
Kel_Sceptic

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:00:24 PM

Hello guys,

I got a MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X.
GPU Clock = 1582 (stock)
Mem Clock = 4552 (+750Mhz clock).
Windows 10 build 15063.413
Miner = Claymore 9.5 ETH+SIA
Hash/s ETH = 30
Hash/s SIA = 300
Nvidia = 382.52
Power = 75% (~120W)
Pool = nanopool.

I can barely hit the 30Mh/s with the memory OCd with + 750Mhz.

Any ideea what could be the "problem? ?

http://imgur.com/a/vay1z

Thank you.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bodyworks

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:53:04 AM

Hi GTX 1070 miners,

here are my 5 cent concerning MH/s rates for my mining rigs.
I bought 12 ASUS GTX Strix OC 8GB and built 2 rigs. 10 Cards have Micron RAM, 2 have Samsung. In Asus forum many people were pissed of the Micron RAM because it obviously has worse specifications concerning overclocking than Samsung has.
I can state this. In spite of this issue i investigated optimal settings for overclocking to get a Hashrate of about 180 MH/s for each mining rig. What can i say: It worked for me - also with Micron RAM.
Here are my settings with MSI Afterburner (great tool).

Power Limit = 70%
Core Clock = +25%
Mem Clock = +650 (worked stable for all Micron Cards for more than 24h) For a couple of hours i pushed them up to +700. This also worked for a while but at the end this was too risky while sleeping. Won't get any BSOD result when i wake up in the morning.
Both rigs pull 1550 W out of the wall (Kill-A-Meter)

I do Dual Mining with Claymore 9.5 (ETH + SIA) on nanopool. The Micron GPUs deliver 29.7 to 30.1 Mhs

Screenshot: http://www.winkler-fotodesign.de/banner/asus-gtx-micron.jpg

On the other hand there are 2 GPU's with Samsung RAM in my second rig. The other 4 have Micron. Thanks to Afterburner you are able to OC each single GPU. The Microns are overclocked with the settings above. The 2 Samsung GPUs can be pushed up to +800 which leads into 9.216 Mhz. (Afterburner divides this by 2).

Screenshot: http://www.winkler-fotodesign.de/banner/asus-gtx-samsung.jpg

I think these results are not that bad, compared to AMD 480's or 580's.
Happy mining
Bodyworks

Bodyworks

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:09:51 AM

I am not sure if anyone else mines on MinerGate for Ethereum (or other altcoins as they support a lot of them!), but I have been beating my head against the wall all weekend trying to figure out why my hashrate is so low mining with a GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card.  I just started getting into trying to mine Ethereum with my new gaming rig.  I did a bunch of research on how to start mining Ethereum and I came across MinerGate as a pool that I could mine ETH on.  I thought that it was pretty cool that they had their own mining software as well to handle mining to my account for me.  So I downloaded and installed their MinerGate v.6.6 software as well as NVidia CUDA v.8.0.61 SDK (although it says that I cannot install Nsight because I do not have any compatible versions of Microsoft VisualStudio installed, which I am not sure if I need or not?).  I also installed GETH v.1.6.1 and Mist 0.8.10, although now I am not sure as if I even needed to install them unless I was planning to solo mine directly on the Ethereum blockchain instead of mining on a pool?

For reference, my gaming rig is running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.296 on an Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz SkyLake CPU with 32GB Crucial Ballistix RAM and an ASUS STRIX ROG GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 Video Card.

In any event, once I got everything installed and setup on my computer, I ran MinerGate to see how well my setup would mine.  After disabling "Smart Mining" (which automatically starts mining whatever altcoin it feels you will have the best results with, which is annoying that it starts that by default...), I manually started mining Ethereum.  I figured it couldn't hurt to try to CPU mine at the same time that I GPU mine, so I enabled both to see what I could get out of my rig.  However, all I am able to get out of MinerGate is about 420-440kH/s from my CPU (running on all 8 threads - as it is a 4 core, 8 threaded processor) and 8.75-9.25MH/s from my GPU (running on Intensity 4)!  When I Googled what the estimated hashrate that my Video Card should be capable of mining Ethereum, it says that I should be averaging 25MH/s!!!  I also tried disabling CPU mining just in case that was bottlenecking my system, but at best I only got about a 0.25-0.50MH/s boost from GPU mining only with my computer.  So, why am I not able to mine on MinerGate at even 10MH/s when it says that my Video Card should be capable of mining at a much higher hashrate than that?  At this point it seems like I'd be better off trying to solo mine if GETH can give me double the hashrate that MinerGate can...

Any help in getting this figured out would be greatly appreciated.  I am very frustrated that I cannot figure out why I cannot get a decent hashrate out of this Video Card!

With only 1 GPU you should mine on a pool. Solomining and propriete software doesn't deliver good results. I recommend nanopool using Claymore 9.5 mining software. You can mine 2 coins parallel (i.e. SIA and ETC) and you should get at least 28-29 Mh/s on ETH and about 300 Mh/s on SIA. Download official SIA Wallet and make some extra money to compensate electricity. :-) without influencing Hashrate of ETH. I still have a Notebook with a GTX 1060 6GB. It delivers about 20 MH/s on ETH.
You should use MSI Afterburner to OC your GPU. Have a look to my settings https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1940360.msg19773784#msg19773784
Musketier

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:43:57 AM

Hey guys, thank you for that very informativ thread so far.

Im new to mining and like so many others I tried minegate first. Auto-mining chose XMRfor me.
My system is a xeon E3 123 v3, 8 GB DDR3 Memory and a AMD Radeon R9 390. Not top notch, I know...

So far with minegate I get around 120-140 H/S with CPU mining and around 40-60 H/S with GPU mining. But Im reading about mega hash rates here. I dont even get over 3,6 k Hash/minute with my GPU. Is that because of my slow hardware, the bad mining software or maybe because of some other issues? Im no way near 1Mh/m atm...

Undecided

Hi,

I'm using Ethminer with GTX 1070 @25-26 MH/s.

I also expected around 29MH/s. Maybe there is a way to tweak the card?

I'm also thinking about getting a RX 580, which seems to have around 31MH/s... but has higher power consumption.

Does anyone have experience with both cards maybe and can share their experience here Smiley ?

FuryFever (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:45:13 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 02:59:52 PM by FuryFever

First, I have tried overclocking my card with not very good results.  I didn't install MSI Afterburner (as I don't have an MSI card - not that it probably matters...) but instead installed ASUS GPU Tweak II overclocking software.  (Yes, I even downloaded the ROG skinned version since I have the ROG card...)  I also installed GPU-Z, which is more just a hardware monitor than anything else (which it turns out that GPU Tweak II has a built-in hardware monitor as well for the video card...).  I have tried a few different overclocking settings with Genoil Ethminer (both cranking up the GPU core clock and the GDDR5 memory clock speeds as well as underclocking the GPU and overclocking the memory) and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get an average hashrate better than about 26MH/s out of my card.  In fact, my card seems to get roughly the same hashrate overclocked as I get with the stock settings, which seems very odd to me.

Secondly, I recently purchased a second video card for my computer to try to mine with.  I do still use my computer for many things, including gaming, and I have to close Ethminer and stop mining when I want to play games online with friends as it will kill my framerate if I mine and game at the same time.  I was HOPING that with two cards, perhaps I could set it up to mine with one card and I can use the other card to play games with and have it not affect the performance of the game at all.  Then, when I am at work, sleeping, or just not gaming, I can set it back to mine with both cards and get double the hashrate that I have been getting.  However, this has not been the case at all and for some reason I can't get Ethminer to actually mine with both cards!

I am not sure if the problem is that I now have a mixed environment of AMD and nVidia cards in my computer or if there is some other underlying issue?  I figured since I keep hearing how the AMD Radeon cards are so much better at mining Ethereum that I would try to find one.  Since the AMD cards are still hard to find anywhere, I managed to buy an older used card to throw in my computer.  I bought an ASUS ROG Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5 video card.  I now have both cards in my computer (the GeForce GTX 1070 and Radeon R9 380) and I have both AMD and nVidia drivers installed.  I also tried to install the AMD OpenCL APP SDK (which I am not 100% sure if I need that to mine or not?), but the automated installer for version 3.0 doesn't work worth a damn, so I had to install version 2.9.1 instead.

However, even with all of this installed (and multiple reboots) and running Ethminer with the -G option (for OpenCL), the only card that is detected to mine with is still the GeForce 1070!  That's right, even on OpenCL mining mode, it still only detects my GeForce GTX 1070 card and tries to mine with it in OpenCL mode, rather than in CUDA mode!  This is very weird to me and I figured that if I ran Ethminer with the -G option, it would only use the Radeon card to mine with and I could use the nVidia card to play games with.  There is also an -X option in Ethminer that will set it to mixed mode for a system with both AMD and nVidia cards in it.  Even when trying that mode, it still only detects the GeForce 1070 card and mines with that.  It seems like it is mining with it on BOTH OpenCL and CUDA mode though as I get status messages that it is accepting work for both OpenCL #0 and CUDA #1, but the hashrate I get is still only the same 24-26MH/s that I get from the GeForce GTX 1070 card only.  I get no increased hashrate at all that would make me believe that it is actually using both cards to mine with.

Just about the ONLY way that I have managed to try to get Ethminer to use the Radeon card at all was I had to switch the monitor cable over to the Radeon card, rebooted the computer, then went into Device Manager and actually disabled the GeForce card entirely so Windows wouldn't even use it, and then started Ethminer with the -G option.  However, even when doing that, Ethminer didn't seem like it identified the card properly or something.  When using the GeForce card, Ethminer knows exactly what it is and says that it detected a "GeForce GTX 1070 with 8589934592 of memory".  However, it doesn't properly identify the AMD Radeon R9 380 card and instead just says that it detected "Tonga".  What is even weirder is that if I run Ethminer.exe -G --list-devices, it actually lists THREE OpenCL devices.  OpenCL #0 is the GeForce GTX 1070.  Then OpenCL #1 is Tonga with a memory size of 2147483648 and OpenCL #2 is Tonga again with a memory size of 2147483648 as well.  So, for some reason, it is splitting the Radeon card into two separate video cards each with only 2GB of memory rather than a single card with 4GB of memory!!  This is very bizarre to say the least!  But anyways, even trying to run Ethminer with the GeForce GTX 1070 card disabled in Device Manager, it started trying to mine with the Radeon R9 380 card but shortly after it built the DAG, I kept getting 0MH/s readouts on it for about a minute and then my monitor just went totally black.  It didn't go into power saving mode or anything and the monitor still detected a signal as the monitor was actually on the whole time, but it just stopped displaying anything at all.  So, I had to do a hard restart on my computer and when Windows loaded up, it said that a critical error occurred with the video card and it had to be shut down.

So, for right now I am using my system backwards from how I was anticipating using it, lol...  I have my monitor plugged into the Radeon R9 card and using that as my primary display card.  Then, I am using Ethminer in -U CUDA Mode to mine with the GeForce GTX 1070 card only on Alpereum Pool (which BTW, as soon as I joined, they stopped doing the 0% miner fees and now have a 0.2% miner fee, but they lowered the minimum payout from 0.1 ETH to 0.05 ETH, which is fine since it takes me all week just to mine 0.05 ETH anyways with only one card getting 26MH/s...).  So, at least I can still use my computer with no slowdowns using the Radeon R9 card and last night I was playing BattleField 4 with the Radeon card with no problems while mining with the GeForce GTX 1070 card.  Like I said, not exactly how I had envisioned making this setup work on my system, but it is working somewhat at least.  I am still pissed that I can't get BOTH video cards to mine and now I feel like I got ripped off paying a premium for another video card that I can't even mine with!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: