Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:13:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will be at $125-$150 tomorrow  (Read 3054 times)
mgio (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:06:12 AM

Why?

Just because I say so. There are enough doom and gloom speculation posts today without any basis in fact other than the authors noticed bitcoin had a bad day and want to be the first to predict "the sky is falling". Yes, people are frustrated. They wish they had sold at the peak of the bubble instead of bought. And they are selling now perhaps. Sell low and buy high, it never made sense to me, but at you if you followed the advice on this forum, that's exactly what you would end up doing.

Remember when bitcoin passed $200 and everyone was saying it's going to hit $300 so BUY BUY BUY. Yet less than 24 hours later it had crashed to half it's value.

And when it was crashing, people were predicting a $30 bottom or lower. We hit a low bottom but we bounced back up, no, it was not the end of bitcoin. And today is not the end of bitcoin either.
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:08:13 AM

Care to place a bet on that?
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:08:49 AM

You should have thrown some words in there that don't make sense in the context.  Fibonacci, maybe quantum, named off some animals.  The raccoons totally have a chance to take advantage of the possums.  Then people would think there was more than just a hunch and it would end up bolstering confidence and start driving the market back up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:09:33 AM

I don't get why you guys always want to bet on price.  We have exchanges that let you do just that.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Surpbitcoin

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:11:03 AM

I don't get why you guys always want to bet on price.  We have exchanges that let you do just that.

I offer to bet because I see it as an easy win! And besides, it makes things interesting when everyone can watch the bet evolve.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:14:22 AM

Look at the 30 day picture on Bitcoinity.

Doesn't look like a significant crash right now -- or much scope for a rebound.

Which is: insanely bullish!

We're recovering from one of the most insane crashes ever, and there she goes -- tootling along with strong support at or around $100.

This bodes very well for the price this time next year.

The short-term bears may be cashing out and standing at the sidelines sweating, ready for the next surge -- but ultimately it is all quibbling over cheap coins. This time next year they will be cheap at 10x the price.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:18:34 AM

fiat on standby.
Surpbitcoin

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:21:26 AM

We're recovering from one of the most insane crashes ever, and there she goes -- tootling along with strong support at or around $100.

The short-term bears may be cashing out and standing at the sidelines sweating, ready for the next surge -- but ultimately it is all quibbling over cheap coins. This time next year they will be cheap at 10x the price.

I've been watching that chart and I see a sinking ship tring to stay afloat.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:21:50 AM

For Bitcoin to rally, it needs some good news on the development front; or even better, some bad news from the global economic front.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BitPirate

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:22:49 AM

Sucks to be you...! :-)

Surpbitcoin

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:25:04 AM

Sucks to be you...! :-)

Only time will tell, am I the sucker or are you? Soon we'll see.
hubbabubbabaker

Activity: 98

Sometimes - history needs a push.

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:29:44 AM

Based on the fibonnaci sequence I can see the price breaking the quantum barrier and shifting light poles. Tetra-magnetic forces seem strong and downward trend looks like a meerkat bounce. We should see a kangaroo rally that will set the price rising towards the palo-phalic zone, possibly breaking the all time high. Readings on flux capacitor show increased acceleration to about 80 market buy orders per mile within the next few hours. We're heading back to the future folks. Trust me, I have a doctorate in making money. Sky's the limit baby.

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy." -Sun Tzu
Surpbitcoin

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:31:15 AM

Based on the fibonnaci sequence I can see the price breaking the quantum barrier and shifting light poles. Tetra-magnetic forces seem strong and downward trend looks like a meerkat bounce. We should see a kangaroo rally that will set the price rising towards the palo-phalic zone, possibly breaking the all time high. Readings on flux capacitor show increased acceleration to about 80 market buy orders per mile within the next few hours. We're heading back to the future folks. Trust me, I have a doctorate in making money. Sky's the limit baby.

+100  Cheesy
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:39:20 AM

Damn Straight

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luytrippev1qjamtho1_500.jpg

You had me at Tetra-magnetic
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84

supernode

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:01:36 AM

Why?

Just because I say so. There are enough doom and gloom speculation posts today without any basis in fact other than the authors noticed bitcoin had a bad day and want to be the first to predict "the sky is falling". Yes, people are frustrated. They wish they had sold at the peak of the bubble instead of bought. And they are selling now perhaps. Sell low and buy high, it never made sense to me, but at you if you followed the advice on this forum, that's exactly what you would end up doing.

Remember when bitcoin passed $200 and everyone was saying it's going to hit $300 so BUY BUY BUY. Yet less than 24 hours later it had crashed to half it's value.

And when it was crashing, people were predicting a $30 bottom or lower. We hit a low bottom but we bounced back up, no, it was not the end of bitcoin. And today is not the end of bitcoin either.

If you belives in this shit sell your house and buy bitcoins, you will have two houses tomorrow Cheesy
hubbabubbabaker

Activity: 98

Sometimes - history needs a push.

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:15:32 AM

Why?

If you belives in this shit sell your house and buy bitcoins, you will have two houses tomorrow Cheesy

We have to account for taxes on capital gains... price target moved up to $220!! Buy, buy buy!

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy." -Sun Tzu
baracuda

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:23:02 AM

It could just as easily hit 75 tomorrow. If you can afford for your $150k to drop to $120k ($30,000 lost...) and not be afraid, then yes, you might be able to hold long enough for it to go back up to 200. But, good chance is if you invest all your money and it drops another 20% you'll panic, sell, and then it'll jump back up 30% the following day. That's just how it works. Smiley
ronaldlee0917

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:23:20 AM

By next week, maybe

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
BitPirate

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:25:43 AM

It could just as easily hit 75 tomorrow. If you can afford for your $150k to drop to $120k ($30,000 lost...) and not be afraid, then yes, you might be able to hold long enough for it to go back up to 200. But, good chance is if you invest all your money and it drops another 20% you'll panic, sell, and then it'll jump back up 30% the following day. That's just how it works. Smiley

Bears have a funny way of putting words in other people's mouths...

I can tell you this: Me, and a great many people here, would *not* sell if the coins they bought dropped by 20%, because we are not fools. If this describes you, then fair game. However, not everyone has such weak hands.

baracuda

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:28:23 AM

not everyone has such weak hands.

True.

I keep buying each time it drops 10% Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: