Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 10:07:21 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [TOP 20] Market cap over/undervalued  (Read 514 times)
Chloroplaste

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:40:57 AM

Hi everybody,

I was looking at the marketcap of the 20 first coins on https://coinmarketcap.com/.
And I was wondering if these marketcaps were legitimate regarding to potential use of the currency/project in the best case scenario ?
I'm also surprised that the ETH marketcap was catching up with the BTC one.

PS: Sorry for my poor english.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
2bfree

Activity: 336

Crypto Newsletter Publisher

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2017, 10:43:32 AM

Hi everybody,

I was looking at the marketcap of the 20 first coins on https://coinmarketcap.com/.
And I was wondering if these marketcaps were legitimate regarding to potential use of the currency/project in the best case scenario ?

On some of these coins the market cap is a lie forexample if I make a coin and I premine 99% of it and list it on the exage say a million was sold (in fiat dollars) they will multiply with the coins I pre-mind and show huge market cap when it's just a lie.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TokenPay 100% bonus affiliate link (CLICK HERE)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chloroplaste

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:33:37 AM

But according to coinmarketcap, there is no significantly premined coin in the top 20.
To go back to the subject, I know that the whole Ethereum sphere is promising but i'm still doubtful regarding the current market topping 20B billions.
dissident

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:10:43 PM

Marketcap is simply price multiplied by advertised outstanding shares. Whether there's a bunch of shares locked up in big hands or unrecoverable addresses or not is irrelevant. For example, something like 20% of the above ground gold is held by large governments. There's still a large amount of NEM locked up in supernodes and the development fund.  There's a wallet of 80,000 BTC that hasn't been used ever and is likely lost....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xTROekDerP1TPOB3SOD_1bbQr580BPqbhF3YHdO96pw/edit#gid=189298223

All stocks' marketcaps are determined in this manner.  Of course if everyone tried to cash out all their stock at once, they'd never get out the total marketcap because market caps are more like a game of musical chairs... it requires balanced supply and demand.   Even a slight increase in supply at any given moment would crash the share price unless the sellers set limit orders and refuse to sell below a certain price and don't start trying to outmaneuver each other with lower sell orders. Sell when everything is stable, like right now during this dead cat bounce when people are complacent and rhinos have large buy orders in place. You can then sell a bigger lump and have the market absorb it which is easier to do than during a crash. Smiley

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
didzi

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:07:50 PM

Hi everybody,

do your own research about the TOP 20 coin on coinmarketcap..
and look at the best exchange that listed the coin,, sometimes each exchange have different price,,
because as i know the value on coinmarketcap is average value from all exchange that listed that coin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     T H R I V E     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE PREMIUM DECENTRALIZED AD MARKETPLACE
Facebook    Twitter    Linkedin    Telegram    Medium    TGE PRIVATE ROUND  |  January 15th, 2018  ]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.