Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2017, 12:03:33 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: tax on bitcoin profits in scandinavia?  (Read 10190 times)
dreamer81

Activity: 364

DeepOnion - Privacy first

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:39:57 PM

Denmark:
A danish tax accountant recently told me, that there are no speical rules for bitcoin taxation yet, BUT:
bitcoin is taxed the same way like profits from gold or diamonds and so on. So your profits are taxed with your income tax.

gold and diamonds are not taxed either. No commodities are taxed in denmark! paitings, wine, couches etc. It's all tax free if you sell it to another person/company.

It's taxed if you buy it with the intend to sell it for a profit, but who would do such a stupid thing? *cough*.... I buy my bitcoins and altcoins because I have a genuine interest in the tech. If I can later sell it for a profit, that was not my intention.

tax free.

░▓█████████████████▓░
          ▒▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒██▓▒░
      ░▒▓███▓                 ▒██▓▓▒░░    ░
▓▒███████▓▒        ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░    ░▓▓▓██▓▓▓▒▓
▒░██▒░░         ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓██▓▒     ░ ▒▓▓░▓
░▒▓█▒         ▒█▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓████▓▓▒   ▒█▓▒▒
 ▒░██        ██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░██▒   ██▒▒
 ▓░▓█▒      ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░░▒▒▒░░▒▓██▓   ▒██░▒
 ░▓░█▓     ▓█▓▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒   ██░▓░
  ▓▒▒█▓  ▓▒█▓▒▒▓▓▒░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █▒  ██▓░▓
   █░▒█▓ ▓███▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░ ▓█  ██▓ ▓
    █░▓█▓ ░██▓███▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓██  ██▓░▓
    ░█░▒██  ░ ░▓███████▓██████▒  ██▒░▓
      █▒░██▓      ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ▓██░▒▓
       ▓▓░▒██▒               ▒██▓░▓▓
        ░█▓░▓██▒           ▒██▓░▓█░
          ▒█▓░▓██▓       ▓██▓▒▓█▒
            ▒█▓▒▒███░ ▒███▒▒▓█▒
              ▒██▓▒▓███▓▒▒██▒
                ░▓██▒▒▒███░
                   ▒███▒

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mindin

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:35:04 PM

Denmark:
A danish tax accountant recently told me, that there are no speical rules for bitcoin taxation yet, BUT:
bitcoin is taxed the same way like profits from gold or diamonds and so on. So your profits are taxed with your income tax.

gold and diamonds are not taxed either. No commodities are taxed in denmark! paitings, wine, couches etc. It's all tax free if you sell it to another person/company.

It's taxed if you buy it with the intend to sell it for a profit, but who would do such a stupid thing? *cough*.... I buy my bitcoins and altcoins because I have a genuine interest in the tech. If I can later sell it for a profit, that was not my intention.

tax free.

I call you out. You buy/invest in crypto with the intent to sell to gain a profit. There, now you need to pay tax  Grin

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
yumyumyum

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:44:09 PM

Denmark:

tax free.

I've recently moved to Denmark.

So what is the final verdict here?
Can any crypto-trader from Denmark confirm that their profits have not been subject to taxation in the past?
If not, how did Danish tax authorities prove that you bought bitcoins/altcoins as an investment and not as a means of payment?

escrow4acc

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:14:20 PM

Denmark:

tax free.

I've recently moved to Denmark.

So what is the final verdict here?
Can any crypto-trader from Denmark confirm that their profits have not been subject to taxation in the past?
If not, how did Danish tax authorities prove that you bought bitcoins/altcoins as an investment and not as a means of payment?

Interest Ask. I think that neither how to check whether bitcoin was used to pay for the transaction or for buying with the purpose of trading a crypto currency
twthmoses

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:35:41 AM

You don’t need to pay tax for bitcoin transactions. SKAT Denmark stated that already in 2014. SKAT does not regard bitcoins a “real” currency, and thus is not subject to skattekontrolloven. The exceptions are companies whose primary business is trading bitcoin (all coins).This also applies to private individuals who speculate and trade, so that it looks like a company. It’s up to SKAT to decide in each case, if it can be regarded as primary business.

Furthermore income via bitcoin mining (providing hash power) is not subject to Momsloven (VAT law) and in providing hash power,  you are subject to deduction from electricity expenses, - if is your primary business.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.