Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin QT issue (need to restart computer to get it to resync??)  (Read 1015 times)
Timbert33 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:25:39 AM

I'm not new to bitcoin, but I'm new to using the qt client. So, my wallet is relatively new (few days) and has been working properly for the most part. I only used it to receive with various addresses until now. An issue came up on my first attempt to send.

There was one unconfirmed receiving transaction, and then following that I put in a send transaction. I came back on to check it after about an hour and there were no confirmations... weird (transaction fees are being paid). I restarted my qt client to see if it would resync (sometimes it just doesn't stay synced correctly and that's the main issue). It didn't work so after about 45 more minutes I decided to restart my computer and rerun the qt client. Boom... instant confirmation and the next 5 came quickly after. This was just for the receiving transaction.

Then after 30 minutes of no confirmations on the send, I restarted the qt client and nothing happened. Rebooted comp again and confirmations start working within 2 minutes on the send transaction.

While typing this I'm realizing that it's likely that the QT client wasn't fully closing when it seemed to be, so I'll check task manager to see if that's an issue.

BUT, still, why is the syncing problem coming up so frequently. Does anyone have a solution to that, so it will just autosync correctly? It's really annoying to have to reboot the client when transactions freeze and syncing fucks up, and it seems to be quite common for me.

Thanks for any input!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:35:54 AM

wild guess: make sure you are not out of diskspace.

Timbert33 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:37:50 AM

wild guess: make sure you are not out of diskspace.

Thanks for the reply.

40 GB free on hard drive though :/
Timbert33 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:47:46 AM

While typing this I'm realizing that it's likely that the QT client wasn't fully closing when it seemed to be, so I'll check task manager to see if that's an issue.

It seems to disappear from task manager when I close it. That makes the reboot working seem even more odd. But basically most of the time I restart the client it's out of sync. Can't it just autosync when it's open? Pretty confused about that. Or is that just how it operates?

Or maybe my reboot theory is just placebo, but that seems pretty unlikely given the behavior of the confirmations after reboots. Is it just a sync problem?

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:54:59 PM

i seem to have that issues since yesterday. it must be somethign wrong with qt servers itself

yolo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: