Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:21:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GigaWatt  (Read 744 times)
DaFuture (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 07:02:25 PM

Will this company be able to produce a market for effective mining? ICO starts in three days and the project's white papers detail a good plan in theory if the price of the mining doesn't change
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VentMine

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 10:35:03 PM

Hard to say but based on their websites hosting rates they are not as good as several existing hosting services, for example Great North Data to name one.

ICO's are mostly a scam and based completely on the average individuals FOMO. Not to say this one is, but be careful is all.

1ESSdoVYKm8sNtYMfdkFBajhAe2e6G8keH
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:15:02 AM

Well, ICO s good only if you plan to actually host your gear there, especially Panda miners. Reselling their power s not that profitable.

Still, I feel crypto mining is about to be less and less profitable, at least for home users. As with SHA 256, large farms re going to take over everything.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ekrififi

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:47:08 PM

I'm kind of interested in this token... I mean, I've never used Gigawatt's services before, but other bitcointalk posters have vouched for them, so in the very least, they seem to be a real hosting company.

One thing that would make me consider using them vs. mining everything myself is that they will fix (or try to fix) your asic if it breaks down. Other then sending a broken asic back to the manufacturer (usually in china), I'm not sure what I'd do with a broken ASIC...

AAAAAnyehoozle, at least with this token there is a baked in demand, at least for their customers... even if it's kind of a glorified gift certificate. Most tokens' demand / usefulness is theoretical at best... same can be said for most ALTs...

I'm not advising anybody to do anything, but I'm going to throw a little extra money towards this ITO, see what happens. I'll post back on this thread however it plays out.
fistfullofbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:49:29 PM

i had a look but a bit confused as it said one btc is worth 600 usd in watts but when i tried the calculator it estimated 200 dollars profit for year.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:51:17 AM

I'm kind of interested in this token... I mean, I've never used Gigawatt's services before, but other bitcointalk posters have vouched for them, so in the very least, they seem to be a real hosting company.

One thing that would make me consider using them vs. mining everything myself is that they will fix (or try to fix) your asic if it breaks down. Other then sending a broken asic back to the manufacturer (usually in china), I'm not sure what I'd do with a broken ASIC...

AAAAAnyehoozle, at least with this token there is a baked in demand, at least for their customers... even if it's kind of a glorified gift certificate. Most tokens' demand / usefulness is theoretical at best... same can be said for most ALTs...

I'm not advising anybody to do anything, but I'm going to throw a little extra money towards this ITO, see what happens. I'll post back on this thread however it plays out.

It all comes down to the option of being able to mine something else once ETH diff goes up way too much or when ETH moves to PoS. Is that possible? Can you switch what you mine?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: