Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your biggest loss with cryptocurrencies?  (Read 5112 times)
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 03:18:09 AM

Not buying bitcoin when it was under 1 Euro.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:25:47 AM

According to the prices today, if a kept my bitcoins i'd be up thirty to sixty K

Losing bitcoin due to software or hardware difficulties and being scammed? at least five k

how about you?
I cant say exact amount of btc but overall estimate would be 10 btc not too much compared to others but it does still hurt me when i do think it again those past mistakes do i made like selling on dumps and buying on peaks and some i do lose money on scams like hyips and ponzi but im still thankful because i can still able to recover up after those lose and learning up new ways to avoid those mistakes again.
kalani91

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:34:20 AM

I purchased navcoins 2 years ago and sold it. I still have some in wallet.dats but I don't think I can recover it because they switched blockchains. It turns out I would be up 200k right now if I kept those.
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:02:23 AM

My biggest loss was when I was having my margin with xrp and str and then bitcoin went to the moon and all of the alts dump specially xrp and str. I have to close my position before liquidation or else i will lose all of my btc. Lost around 0.2 and learned my lesson not to margin as of now.
inck

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:33:23 AM

Has anyone lost a lot of money when an exchange got hacked?  Sad
Makest

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:39:03 AM

i am new in cryptocurrencies trade and i hop i will make some profit with ETH trade because ETH will soon at 500$ value. What do you think?
2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 11:45:09 AM

i am new in cryptocurrencies trade and i hop i will make some profit with ETH trade because ETH will soon at 500$ value. What do you think?

It can be $500 but it can be $200 or less what if the latter happens how much will you make?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
VenceyBit

Activity: 128

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:05:35 PM

Not a big lost but when i trade scam coins witch i love to do as most of the time i gain with it.

MoonWhale

Activity: 218

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:11:43 PM

Billion mooncoin nicked due to a shitty wallet implementation. Was worth about $150,000 a week ago.
That wasn't so fun. But on the bright side I made a shit ton out of other stuff.
2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 12:16:22 PM

Billion mooncoin nicked due to a shitty wallet implementation. Was worth about $150,000 a week ago.
That wasn't so fun. But on the bright side I made a shit ton out of other stuff.

Hay MoonWhale do you mind sharing the details of that happened with the wallet to lead you to the loss and are you the only one and how did that affect the moon price and what did they do to fix it?

MoonWhale

Activity: 218

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:31:38 PM

I think it was because I mined (briefly) with the rpcpassword not set (why do they not force you to do this?)

Anyway, I'm not actually sure, but I later put a billion moon in there and kept the wallet offline for months and months. Then it all dissappeared.

This was may wallet address: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/moon/address.dws?2bfkzvCAvvBASYZihFC66QykKiQNz2xgJ4.htm

You can see the thief basically emptied the lot, along with a few other large wallets. Together I think he got a few billion moon which are now basically unspendable, but this address is blacklisted and followed by the whole moon community. Big loss though. It was only worth a few $100 when I bought it (at about 8 litoshi) but now it is at around 5 satoshi, this stings.

Ridley69

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:41:50 PM

I lost more than 210 BTC in january at gambling  Undecided
My biggest loss ever
inck

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:51:54 PM

My biggest loss ever

In which year?  Shocked
richsoon

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:57:17 PM

My biggest loss ever

In which year?  Shocked

The fact he remembers how many bitcoins isn't going to make him feel better even it was in 2012, if he hadn't gambled them he could be living much more comfortably today.

Hopefully he still made it out big though.
vanrezz

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:08:16 PM

I loss 0.1 btc at yobit and my biggest loss at site gambling sealswithclubs 0.3 btc
EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:29:25 PM

Has anyone lost a lot of money when an exchange got hacked?  Sad
Heard of Cryptsy? I guess it happened to a lot of users, and I lost quite a bit of altcoins there, had some decent amount of LiteCoins there, sigh and since it recently shot back up again. I guess no one who have saw that coming, so it wasn't exactly a loss either.

Had a couple of times when I started trading, I bought altcoins that were on the rise, only to find that all of them dropped after days and never got up to that price again. Sad Now I am sticking to only a few altcoins, that's all. Rather go for lower risks. Tongue

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:02:32 PM

My biggest lost is not like losing Money directly on trading, mine is not buying ethereum when it was only $50... I was gonna buy 100 ether. I could have made my capital x7 or x8 in three month.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:09:57 PM

Happened right now, in the past week. Decided it would be a good idea to invest some money into BAT, what do you know, i invested right at the top...Lost like 1/2 so far, and it's not looking any better. I will hold on to the coins though, hoping for some better days to come.
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:12:01 PM

I bought a lot of Ethereum tokens when it was under $10 and then sold for a small profit when price rose to $12. Now I bang my head against the wall everyday  Angry
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:17:15 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 05:27:55 PM by dissident

I sold all by BTC and LTC on my GDAX and Gemini accounts earlier today after I saw a potential technical breakdown. Got a good enough price on the BTC but did lose $2K on the LTC I bought yesterday. :p  While I was contemplating how we've gone from a 10 billion to 120 billion dollar market cap in a couple of months, I came to realize how silly it was to be so into the cryptos and looked at the risk vs reward ratio, so I took about 66% off the table earlier today.

I could try to put it all into BTC for a technical bounce but GDAX is extremely laggy. Has the bubble burst?  Just a temporary selloff? Ignoring my emotions and looking at a long term technical chart, we have a serious gap to fill. I might be wrong, but I'll take my chances. I'd sell my alts but bitcoin is already down a couple hundred and I don't want to take everything off the table, in case I'm wrong. I still did very well.

Time to concentrate my core holdings into the altcoins I truly think have the best tech:  NEM, Xtrabytes, Pascal... with an honorable mention to Bitbay, Ark, NXT, Ardor because they are cheap. If they were expensive I'd sell them as well. Actually I don't hold any NXT or Ardor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: