Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Changer.com safe to trade with?  (Read 505 times)
Tejeshwar (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 08:13:13 PM

I am experiencing huge difficulties with changer.com
Any advice would be welcome.
I was trying to change Litecoins to Bytecoins. Biggest mistake. This happened during the cryptocurrency mini crash we just had this may.

My order is on it's  FIFTH DAY and still processing. I got one email back telling me that there was big issues with BCN   and have to restart the wallet and re-sync from scratch. Since then nothing. I have emailed and sent many messages in the chat. But no reply. We can see on their chat when is the last time they logged in. After no one being online at changer.com support for over 24hours, I came back later today to see that they had just logged off 5mn ago.  Undecided
They didn't bother replying to either my emails nor  my chat messages.

I have asked them numerous times to refund to my origin Litecoin address. But it's just silence while I watch the price of BCN and LTC go down and my investment melt away. This is costing me hundreds of euros in losses.

Any advice on how I should deal with changer.com to get a refund to my Origin LTC address would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:38:51 PM

I guess this should be a service discussion.

Did some exchanges there in the past and it always was almost instant changed after the wire confirms.
I dont see a refund happen but you should get your Bytecoins.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:14:08 PM

I've seen alot of people mention them on chat room when someone asks where to trade for bitcoins.
So I am assuming they are legit to send too.
But never needed to use them. So I can not say for sure to use their services or not.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:04:19 AM

I am experiencing huge difficulties with changer.com
Any advice would be welcome.
I was trying to change Litecoins to Bytecoins. Biggest mistake. This happened during the cryptocurrency mini crash we just had this may.

My order is on it's  FIFTH DAY and still processing. I got one email back telling me that there was big issues with BCN   and have to restart the wallet and re-sync from scratch. Since then nothing. I have emailed and sent many messages in the chat. But no reply. We can see on their chat when is the last time they logged in. After no one being online at changer.com support for over 24hours, I came back later today to see that they had just logged off 5mn ago.  Undecided
They didn't bother replying to either my emails nor  my chat messages.

I have asked them numerous times to refund to my origin Litecoin address. But it's just silence while I watch the price of BCN and LTC go down and my investment melt away. This is costing me hundreds of euros in losses.

Any advice on how I should deal with changer.com to get a refund to my Origin LTC address would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

It is processing likely because you are doing alt -> alt, and they currently do not have any byte coin is stock.

Changer.com is a legitimate company though. I have used them countless times, probably over a hundred times and trusted them with thousands if not tens of thousands mainly doing bitcoin to perfect money and advcash transactions.

Notify their live chat about this issue, they should be able to solve it based on my experience. All the best to you man.

Tejeshwar (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:00:17 PM

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I did eventually get an answer from changer.com
The whole issue took about a week to resolve, but at least Changer.com refunded the money. It seems the issue is on Bytecoin side. Their 3rd party app for windows does not sync well. I waited 3 full days and got only to 33%. I read from other users on the net that they never go past a certain height in a block. But worst of all to me. I sent several emails and Bytecoin NEVER replied. seems other users have the same problem. My advice... Stay away from Bytecoin.

At least thanks to Changer.com fpr doing the refund.

Conclusion: Changer.com is safe to trade with  Smiley
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 11:15:15 PM

I am concerned they may be selectively scamming. I did a few small transactions to test out the service, no problem. Did a larger transaction and they never sent the coins. They are not answering emails sent to customer support.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: