Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So many issues with the bitcoin foundation, how much longer are we giving it?  (Read 1327 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:07:10 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 05:18:00 PM by gweedo

So now two of the board members are suing, the development team is censoring the press list and so many more acts against bitcoin. I think it is time that the foundation folds, it is literally imploding on it's self.

I personality think they can rebuild it wouldn't be easy but could be done. First order of business, cut out the development team the foundation can't work with a team of people who are power hungry. In the coming years, maybe even months I see more isolation from the development team and the community.

Second, they have to do a huge reorganization of the board structure. Gavin should hold no powers, Peter and Mark need there powers (not there membership) taken away. I think one of the biggest problems with the foundation is two many of the higher members, also own successful businesses leaving very little time for the foundation. While certain bitcoin businesses should be clearly represented in the foundation, they shouldn't hold a similar level of power. They should be included on high priority votes.

They really need to get their act together...
marhjan

Activity: 215
Merit: 105

Poorer than I ought to be

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:53:54 PM

Ideally - at some point the Foundation will just dissolve and cease to exist.  I don't think that's very realistic at this stage of the game though.  There are always going to be disagreements especially in the 'bitcoin movement' if such a thing can even be said to exist.  We're still bootstrapping - not yet at the stage where it makes sense to call for Gavin's removal etc.

Donations happily accepted @ 15qxNsc7pBiz5kXpAJykw4etzMbZitm2mk
WilderedB

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:03:33 PM

They really need to get there act together...

Their.

sorry..  Cool
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:18:41 PM

Haters gotta hate.

Doesn't really matter what happens, the people that have been talking shit about the foundation since September just keep doing their thing.

We get it.  We really do.  You still don't like the foundation.  Good for you.  Now go fuck yourself.  At least the foundation supporters aren't spamming the forums with endless troll threads.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:20:40 PM

So now two of the board members are suing, the development team is censoring the press list and so many more acts against bitcoin. I think it is time that the foundation folds, it is literally imploding on it's self.

I personality think they can rebuild it wouldn't be easy but could be done. First order of business, cut out the development team the foundation can't work with a team of people who are power hungry. In the coming years, maybe even months I see more isolation from the development team and the community.

Second, they have to do a huge reorganization of the board structure. Gavin should hold no powers, Peter and Mark need there powers (not there membership) taken away. I think one of the biggest problems with the foundation is two many of the higher members, also own successful businesses leaving very little time for the foundation. While certain bitcoin businesses should be clearly represented in the foundation, they shouldn't hold a similar level of power. They should be included on high priority votes.

Are you donating money to this foundation? If not, then why do you care? If you do not think they are doing enough to help bitcoins, there is nothing stopping you from making your own group who will build up bitcoins.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 05:24:10 PM

Why did I unignore? My bad.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Brushan

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:33:02 PM

To all the members protecting the foundation:
Since the foundation want to make BTC tracable why don't you start by tracing the massive amount of coins dumped the day before the suing went public, lowering the price by about 50 bucks. My instincts tell me that the trace might go to some of your fellow board members.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:54:36 PM

It's situations like this that will destroy the credibility of Bitcoin before it ever really reaches the masses.  Truthfully, bitcoin does not need a foundation board.  It's counter productive.  It seems whatever they do, is only in the best interest of the other businesses and investments they hold and this just confirms that to all.  Why on earth did the die hard, initial bitcoiners ever support this?  I'll tell you why, impatience.  So eager to see bitcoin take over the world, you put the very credibility of something that is credible on its own merits, in the hands of average, everyday corruptible investors. 

If that's what the goal is, then just hand bitcoin over to Bain capital or Mitt Romney and they'll run it in the ground real quick.  Sorry for the political jab but the broader point is, bitcoin is awesome and attractive because of its decentralization and lack of central control of the "brand".  We are the brand.  Everyone one of us that buys, sells, trades and mines bitcoins.  Not greedy, trust fund babies who are simply trying to promote their crappy restaurants and other certain to fail ventures.  Sigh...my vote, permanently dissolve the entire foundation and never again support such nonsense.  Trust in bitcoin on its own merits and let it run free.  At least if it dies, it dies on its own.  Not at the hands of people who couldn't even spell marketing, let alone bitcoin.

/end rant

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Brushan

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:00:43 PM

It's situations like this that will destroy the credibility of Bitcoin before it ever really reaches the masses.  Truthfully, bitcoin does not need a foundation board.  It's counter productive.  It seems whatever they do, is only in the best interest of the other businesses and investments they hold and this just confirms that to all.  Why on earth did the die hard, initial bitcoiners ever support this?  I'll tell you why, impatience.  So eager to see bitcoin take over the world, you put the very credibility of something that is credible on its own merits, in the hands of average, everyday corruptible investors. 

If that's what the goal is, then just hand bitcoin over to Bain capital or Mitt Romney and they'll run it in the ground real quick.  Sorry for the political jab but the broader point is, bitcoin is awesome and attractive because of its decentralization and lack of central control of the "brand".  We are the brand.  Everyone one of us that buys, sells, trades and mines bitcoins.  Not greedy, trust fund babies who are simply trying to promote their crappy restaurants and other certain to fail ventures.  Sigh...my vote, permanently dissolve the entire foundation and never again support such nonsense.  Trust in bitcoin on its own merits and let it run free.  At least if it dies, it dies on its own.  Not at the hands of people who couldn't even spell marketing, let alone bitcoin.

/end rant

+1
k99

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

Manfred Karrer

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:48:42 PM

+1 @Coinseeker

https://bisq.network  |  GPG Key: 6A6B2C46
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:01:25 PM

Haters gotta hate.

Doesn't really matter what happens, the people that have been talking shit about the foundation since September just keep doing their thing.

We get it.  We really do.  You still don't like the foundation.  Good for you.  Now go fuck yourself.  At least the foundation supporters aren't spamming the forums with endless troll threads.

Lovers gotta love.

Doesn't really matter what happens, the people that have been kissing ass for the foundation since September just keep doing their thing.

We get it.  We really do.  You still like the foundation.  Good for you.  Now go fuck yourself.  At least the non biased members aren't spamming the forums with endless troll posts.
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:38:41 PM

/end rant

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

spiccioli
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: