Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:35:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't get my fiat in fast enough!  (Read 1983 times)
Crazy

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:06:07 PM

For shame.
deathcode's word doesn't mean much. This is especially true about his market predictions.

Elon Krusky
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:06:58 PM

I can't get my fiat into Gox fast enough.  I need to buy bad!  We have all seen the high's and there is no reason we can't touch them again and even shoot past.  It's a no-brainer to buy under $100 right now.

I blame the crazy amount of bank holidays this week and the frenzy of alt-coin mining going on for this amazing buy opportunity.

Yeah I missed a lot of great opportunities too. Get used to it. Better to learn how to make gains steadily than rely on stuff like this anyway.
Try coinbase if your American. You can lock in the current price but will have to wait 5 days or so to get your btc
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:12:42 PM

Well, I guess it's nice to see that a few other people are making mad profits off of the volatility rather than sitting on the Speculation forums whining about the price.  Grin

If the dollar or X stock was crashing you can bet I'd be making profits shorting the swings on the way down. No reason we can't do the same with Bitcoin, until it hits support (whatever that happens to be) and perhaps resumes a RATIONAL bull market rather than the 6%-per-day increase that scares everyone into panic selling. This trading behavior can help stabilize the market because it's hard to initiate a panic sell from $X when there are thousands of basement nerds setting limit orders at X-$2.50 every 5 minutes to catch the knives, and limit orders at X+$2.50 to limit the rebounds.

As was said elsewhere, it's like a game of musical chairs and as we get closer and closer to the floor, a lot of people will get left standing  Grin Grin Grin We're going to see high volume as more people start to realize "Hey, instead of hanging around on internet forums complaining about the price, I can just make profit$ from the volatility!" It's EXTREMELY hard not to make money the past few days. If you're not a die-hard buy-and-holder, you should be doing it. It's the only game that all the bears and most of the bulls can play together Grin

True___Blue

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 04:27:32 PM

Well, I guess it's nice to see that a few other people are making mad profits off of the volatility rather than sitting on the Speculation forums whining about the price.  Grin

If the dollar or X stock was crashing you can bet I'd be making profits shorting the swings on the way down. No reason we can't do the same with Bitcoin, until it hits support (whatever that happens to be) and perhaps resumes a RATIONAL bull market rather than the 6%-per-day increase that scares everyone into panic selling. This trading behavior can help stabilize the market because it's hard to initiate a panic sell from $X when there are thousands of basement nerds setting limit orders at X-$2.50 every 5 minutes to catch the knives, and limit orders at X+$2.50 to limit the rebounds.

As was said elsewhere, it's like a game of musical chairs and as we get closer and closer to the floor, a lot of people will get left standing  Grin Grin Grin We're going to see high volume as more people start to realize "Hey, instead of hanging around on internet forums complaining about the price, I can just make profit$ from the volatility!" It's EXTREMELY hard not to make money the past few days. If you're not a die-hard buy-and-holder, you should be doing it. It's the only game that all the bears and most of the bulls can play together Grin

This is a total noob question but how do you make money when the price is going down? If I bought at 100 and the price is 80 now, wouldn't it make more sense to wait until the price is back over 100 to sell? How can I make money if I would need to sell at a loss?

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:35:22 PM

This is a total noob question but how do you make money when the price is going down? If I bought at 100 and the price is 80 now, wouldn't it make more sense to wait until the price is back over 100 to sell? How can I make money if I would need to sell at a loss?

Short selling. You bought at 1 at 100, so borrow 1 and sell 2 now at 80, then buy back 4 at 40, give the guy you borrowed his 1 back and now you have 3. There, the price droped but you trippled your bitcoins (minus whatever fee the lender charges).

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
True___Blue

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 04:44:22 PM

Short selling. You bought at 1 at 100, so borrow 1 and sell 2 now at 80, then buy back 4 at 40, give the guy you borrowed his 1 back and now you have 3. There, the price droped but you trippled your bitcoins (minus whatever fee the lender charges).

Ah, yes. That makes sense.

UltimateReaper

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:48:18 PM

I barely realized that as well and missed out yesterday. But yes. Remember to be careful though. Rising price is loss of BTC but lower price is gain. That's what you want. Always buy lower than you sold for.
phorensic (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:11:29 PM

I can't get my fiat into Gox fast enough.  I need to buy bad!  We have all seen the high's and there is no reason we can't touch them again and even shoot past.  It's a no-brainer to buy under $100 right now.

I blame the crazy amount of bank holidays this week and the frenzy of alt-coin mining going on for this amazing buy opportunity.

Yeah I missed a lot of great opportunities too. Get used to it. Better to learn how to make gains steadily than rely on stuff like this anyway.
Try coinbase if your American. You can lock in the current price but will have to wait 5 days or so to get your btc
I have been making steady gains since 2011...in either bull or bear modes.  Sometimes I day trade, sometimes I swing trade.  Only recently did I feel confident enough to deposit my fiat into the market.  All my previous trading was from coins gained by mining with GPU's.  I feel the time is right to throw some skin in the game.  Bitcoin mining and trading is my full time job now for the next 4-6 months before I go back to school and start working in the craft beer industry.
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:35:22 PM

Whenever I see someone shouting that they can't get in fast enough to buy the tasty tasty bitcoins on offer, I immediately think the OP has purchased bitcoins at a much higher price and wants to help pump it back up again.

If you think the current prices are very low and you're excited by the buying opportunity, why would you tell anyone else about it?  Keeping quiet is a much better option as you're not tipping others off to the excellent opportunity.  They are likely to buy the bitcoins before you have a chance to.

I don't know about him, but I'm personally excited about getting in on the beginning of what could be the biggest cultural revoltuion of our time.

I've been trying my damndest to convince my buddy at work that this is the future, not just some stock to invest in
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: