Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting bitcoin mining ready to invest 30 k or more  (Read 921 times)
Pzdrc (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:50:37 AM

Hello, i have been doing mining with baikal for a few weeks but now i am interested in selling them and buy antminer s9 about 25 of em, i am currently living in the uk so the electricity price is about 0.10-0.12 $ probably of i make a contract as business it will be slightly cheaper.
Is it worth investit for these S9 or should i go to altcoin mining ?
Thank you
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:30:50 AM

altcoin mining is better for now, but minign bitcoin directly still give you a decent profit with the current value of bitcoin and also give you the possibility to support the network or show support for segwit or BU

with that electricity i think you can invest relatively safe in a s9, since there will not be any stronger miner than this for many months you should be only worried about the diff, which is always following the value

if you can get those s9 second hand would be even better, something like around $1200-1500
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:20:18 PM

Hello, i have been doing mining with baikal for a few weeks but now i am interested in selling them and buy antminer s9 about 25 of em, i am currently living in the uk so the electricity price is about 0.10-0.12 $ probably of i make a contract as business it will be slightly cheaper.
Is it worth investit for these S9 or should i go to altcoin mining ?
Thank you
Checking on the electricity/energy cost I can say that you would be profitable since its not too expensive compared into my place. 25 s9 would be really a good farm after all. Just do remember the other things like ventilation,maintenance and other stuffs that are commonly needed on having a farm. s9 miner is the latest one then go for it. Just been said above altcoin mining would be also good but still this thing would be on your decision/interest since its your money.
Pzdrc (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:27:22 PM

Much appreciate thank you guys
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:26:06 AM

I would suggest buying a few nVidia 1070s for mining Zcash as they do quite well and compared to the RX 480s are pretty economical and can even be found for less than 300 refurbished. When the mining hype gets lower and the 480/580s come down to msrp they will be ok, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon. 1070s do ETH well, but cost per MH is higher than a 480/580.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:24:50 AM

Go with a reputable hosting provider with low electricity like giga watt. they will host your S9's and it will cost you much less in electric costs increasing your profit and lowering the amount of work you have to do to keep them running. Do their ICO and save a ton, 3.3 cents a kwh  https://cryptonomos.com/?r=1H2MkmZnQak9mIc0NKCaddDsQ or just pay the regular rate https://giga-watt.com/promo/prices
They sell miners but you can have your miners shipped to them and they do setup free and low maintenance fees. If your power was below .1 kwh I'd say you have a fighting chance long run, but a price drop and or difficulty increases and you'll quickly be getting squeezed out of any profit. If your gonna invest 30k might as well do it the professional way and get the best advantage you can by partnering with professional miners. if you were just gonna do one or two S9 not a big deal if you lose a little but 30k you should seriously look into hosting especially with your high electric costs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: