Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:55:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Hacked Again?  (Read 6274 times)
Vital Spark

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:42:16 PM

The "rumor" was likely a result of this tweet (plenty of tweets with plenty more information since then):

R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶o̶UASFmano @RNR_0  2h

hahaha I don't know how but I generated a Ethereum privkey with NodeJS & I accidentally cracked someone else Privkey.

1.2 $ETH & DAO

(edit) direct link: https://twitter.com/RNR_0/status/869950371141177344

Still hasn't been confirmed ands far as I can see, could just be either luck or a completely made up claim.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:45:16 PM

I think this shows the stability of Ethereum, it's like a stacked deck of cards waiting to be blown over.
This is a kind of rumours that will lunch Ethereum to another upward movement. Ethereum is not hack, we only need to keep faith with it in other for us to see it were bitcoin is today.
usellmecoinnow

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:51:25 PM

BAT ico. Thousands of transactions in a matter of seconds.

What's BAT??? Is the ICO still going?

Wait... Did the BAT ICO seriously end in 30 seconds???
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:57:18 PM

BAT ico. Thousands of transactions in a matter of seconds.

What's BAT??? Is the ICO still going?

No, it ended in ~20seconds, 36millions raised.
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:03:34 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 08:13:58 PM by mining1

What do you expect ? Javascript inventor, mozilla / firefox founder and his team with ~ hundreds of years of experience in development combined is on that team.

It's not a team full of second grade devs that quit when they are over their head, and then they are bitter while looking back and throw fud like charly hoskinson@etc Cheesy
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:17:24 PM

One ICO can bottleneck all transactions? It's f*cked up. I wonder how the network will handle hundreds of dapps.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:18:05 PM

It just needs to remain as rumour because we don't need anything of such at this time and definitely not in Etherum considering the number of coins that have been developed using its token and even its own price itself that have been receiving fresh breath in recent times. An hack might quickly send all that to a journey of no return with a lot of time to recover if at all it will.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:23:05 PM

It just needs to remain as rumour because we don't need anything of such at this time and definitely not in Etherum considering the number of coins that have been developed using its token and even its own price itself that have been receiving fresh breath in recent times. An hack might quickly send all that to a journey of no return with a lot of time to recover if at all it will.

Well, if it's true it wont remain as rumor for too long.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:24:49 PM

we'll see when its dumped. so far its calm on the markets
samatime

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:31:08 PM

Guys, doest it gonna take effect on ETH price?? I am new in trading can I have some suggestions. From yesterday, ETH price is hiking like it has never before its current price is 230 dollars now. Does it has anything to do with the network jamming ?? please advise what to do. i got like 3ETH in my eth wallet.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:38:00 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 08:51:40 PM by maku

I think this shows the stability of Ethereum, it's like a stacked deck of cards waiting to be blown over.
Ehereum so far was only faster than bitcoin because it was barely used, we can see what will happen when there will be larger number of transactions going on.
If one there is a way to successfully bottleneck transactions of ETH network then this coin have serious security issue.
When ETH holders will realize the truth current high price of ETH  won't last long - I expect heavy correction.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:38:21 PM

samatime: if you have 3, i would probably sell at least 1 of them, if not all. look at the weekly chart. nothing goes up week after week for too long. there will be weekly correction sooner or later. or it can be massive dump, who knows.

worldmain

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:46:39 PM

Not hacked. Lot of transactions in the exchange
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:11:20 PM

One ICO can bottleneck all transactions? It's f*cked up. I wonder how the network will handle hundreds of dapps.

No worries all the banks, enterprises and lawyers utilizing smart contracts will just put their businesses on hold. Or wait, that's why those guys will never use the public chain.
Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:23:05 PM

What do you expect ? Javascript inventor, mozilla / firefox founder and his team with ~ hundreds of years of experience in development combined is on that team.
It's not a team full of second grade devs that quit when they are over their head, and then they are bitter while looking back and throw fud like charly hoskinson@etc Cheesy
I did not see any thread regarding this here and how do we really follow these kind of news regarding promising tokens being backed by legit individuals who are sitting at the top of the technical food chain,i am really disappointed that i missed this ICO and is it true that this ICO really gave issues to the ETH network.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:37:14 PM

ETH is a disaster waiting to happen.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:41:01 PM

I hope this is the case and it has a great possibility  since there are many ETH contract already utilizing this platform. Also, ETH is rising constantly since the past weeks, many are rushing to buy this coin.

Open for Campaigns
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:06:18 PM

I hope this is the case and it has a great possibility  since there are many ETH contract already utilizing this platform. Also, ETH is rising constantly since the past weeks, many are rushing to buy this coin.

I think you're missing the point here. The fact is that the number of transactions being used by contracts is currently very small. If one minor event can cause such problems what will happen if many contracts are actually being utilized? I'll be looking forward to seeing if this problem can be fixed.
Brutalent

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:07:52 PM

ETH and ETC are the "Dual Scam System" project of darknet. Don't buy this crime! 😱
FlexiN

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 11:12:16 PM

ETH and ETC are the "Dual Scam System" project of darknet. Don't buy this crime! 😱

GTFO, you don't have boths that's why you whine with your new account
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: