Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:52:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Ebay Sellers out there? Tell them you want Bitcoin when they call!  (Read 441 times)
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:44:27 PM

Hey,  I sell on Ebay and they call me once a month to give me updates for changes.  Today when the called at the end of the call I told them that I really wanted to start getting payments in Bitcoin.  I told them that I had actually just signed up with Etsy because they took Bitcoin.  The Ebay rep said she would pass on the information.  If we all do this maybe they will see it is desired. Smiley  Just a thought anyways.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 05:18:44 PM

Isn't that kinda like calling up Visa and telling them you want to be able to use your MasterCard on their network?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
BitChick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:22:58 PM

Hey,  Paypal was already "thinking" about using Bitcoin so I figured it can't hurt to have the sellers mention it too.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:33:16 PM

I did once in the past. I had an issue selling Bitcoins on Ebay (go figure, right?) and was talking with their dispute/customer service and the guy eventually got my money back. He said I should just stop selling "intangible" things on ebay since it's a nightmare for them. So I asked him how Ebay plans to cover sellers considering there is a rapidly growing online market for games, media, and all sorts of other intangible items. They're missing out on a lot of Ebay/Paypal fees if they tell sellers to stop. He just kinda mumbled off saying that they are working for a solution for it. But yeah, everytime I get a chance to talk to them, I'll mention it.

Isn't that kinda like calling up Visa and telling them you want to be able to use your MasterCard on their network?
Grin

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: