Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:45:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If They Solve the BTC Scaling Problem (Soon and Correctly), How High Do We Go?  (Read 1257 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:39:15 PM

I don't know how to make a poll here, but should we get a "good solution" (for example, the SegWit w/ 2MB blocks might be "good"), how high would BTC price get to this year?  Seems to me that a good & solid solution would invite much greater demand among those afraid to take the leap into a crypto now in civil war...

So, what do you think?  December 31, 2017 closing price:

1)  Less than $1500 (say some other kind of failure or Black Swan event)
2)  $1500 - $2500
3)  $2500 - $4000
4)  $4000 - $6000 +

I have a pony in this race, but tell us your guesses!
playerbtc

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

I think the price could hit 5k-6k by end of this year if we can find any solution for the bitcoin block size.I have less technical idea about blockchain but it seems if we can create some space for the new comers that might be interested on doing some small transaction,i think $5k is just a matter of time.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 08:13:48 PM

I'll number 3 i think around $2,500-$4,000 possible can be happen in this year. which is every near december we are seeing large pump happen in this month the same as last year 2015 and 2016 base on my own speculation.
But i am afraid of the news about exchange site where every year we are heard some news like MT.gox and other trading site was hacked before that can affect the value of bitcoin and people will panic sell if they heard that news again..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:24:51 PM

I am confidently believing in the price to eat through the $3000 mark easily in case we more or less remain hovering around current prices.

Top, it's difficult to predict something from which I already know that there will be loads of panic buying happening at that time.

In order to remain relatively on the safe side, I would say that the top will be under $6000, but over $4000 ~ so I am going with option 4.

Obviously, that's when things go smooth and no chain split gets initiated due to a failed fork.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:32:11 PM

to infinity and beyond

There is no limit in price, since the supply is limited but the demand is not

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 09:26:39 PM

Block size is not an issue, stop spreading FUD.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:31:34 PM

I don't know how to make a poll here, but should we get a "good solution" (for example, the SegWit w/ 2MB blocks might be "good"), how high would BTC price get to this year?  Seems to me that a good & solid solution would invite much greater demand among those afraid to take the leap into a crypto now in civil war...

So, what do you think?  December 31, 2017 closing price:

1)  Less than $1500 (say some other kind of failure or Black Swan event)
2)  $1500 - $2500
3)  $2500 - $4000
4)  $4000 - $6000 +

I have a pony in this race, but tell us your guesses!

Just imagined with the current block size, bitcoin price reached it's tremendously considered as high price and adoptions are taking place anywhere in the world, so how much more if the block size issues resolved. Meaning even with slow confimation time and miners fee up to $2, majority are still here supporting bitcoin compare to any cryptos.

My respond would be the last option which is $4,000+ or a price that we can't never imagined.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 09:39:54 PM

I think the term inconvenience is more appropriate?

OP -- since the target is primarily aimed at this year, I think point 3 is what I believe to be close to a real SegWit activation scenario. I think the chances are definitely there for point 4, but I prefer to remain somewhat conservative with my prediction. Everything that the market manages to gain above the $4000 level will be seen as a more than welcome bonus for me.
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:44:17 PM

ill take a number 4 easily,  nothing has gone right this year  other than the price, imagine if something did go right, and if that something is scaling solved, theres alot of folks mainly shitcoiners think btc will never scale ever, upgrading will change the market sentimentals towards btc greatly not only that it will prove to ourselves we can level up and gives up selfconfidence.  if we level up we are going past 10k some pt next year.
BitcoinerXX

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:29:55 AM

if segwit activates this year without a hard fork and no hard fork takes place this year at all, bitcoin goes to 15-30k before the end of december. if chain splits happen due to hard forks, expect 1k bitcoin or less total between the resulting alt coins. sub 1k wont be out the question. it will be possible all confidence will be lost in bitcoin at this point and blood may be in the streets. a chain split should be avoided at all costs, too bad some miners dont seem to care.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:02:22 AM

Eeek!  Reading all of the above price predictions is triggering my "Sell BTC Now" fingers...!  Not really, but when sentiment is SO BULLISH, ("It's different this time"), I get antsy.  (Though I did predicate this thread with saying the SW / block size debate would get resolved, should it not, well.....)

But my *guess* would be $3000 - $5000 if everything goes well.  Note that I am a LOUSY SPECULATOR, so makes that guess worth ZERO.  I have profound doubts that ANYONE can predict the future, except for a very few who know something.

Nonetheless, I thank you all for you observations and thoughts.  They are going into my hopper...  Should we get lucky and reach, say, $3500 - $4500, I will sell another tranche of BTC for gold.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:51:28 AM

if and only if we fix the scaling debate with a high amount of support, or consensus without any chain split or even risk of it, then we can see a big price rise of at least $500 in short term because we still need adoption for bigger rise.
but that would be the start, when the issue is solved there is no more altcoin hype, all of them will die and get dumped, a huge amount of money will come in bitcoin which means another $500-$1000 rise.
and in long term obviously the real adoption happens more easily and we can finally see the $5000 price and aim for $10,000

Buying the dip...
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 07:31:09 AM

Should we get lucky and reach, say, $3500 - $4500, I will sell another tranche of BTC for gold.
Everyone is free to do what he pleases, but may I know what you see in gold that you find it worthy cashing out your coins for?

Since you say that you're a speculator, isn't it a much better plan to ride the market waves to increase your Bitcoin holdings that way? Bitcoin has far more room for potential growth than is the case with gold.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:28:39 AM

It's hard to say imo. It all depends how things will develop in august. With a chain split, even if it's just for a short time there will be some turmoil and price at the end of the year may be around $2000, hopefully.
If all should go smooth and the other side will accept the fact, that SegWit is coming as the majority wants it, no matter what they think about it, we could see a price of around $3000 to $5000.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:40:41 AM

It depends on when that good solution is achieved. If this happened in the next two months the price would surpass the $3000 for sure and possibly would end up near the $4000, it would even surpass that mark, at least in the Asian markets. If I had to say a figure I would say anyone between $ 3500 and $ 4000.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:18:59 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 10:33:17 AM by wuvdoll

It depends on when that good solution is achieved. If this happened in the next two months the price would surpass the $3000 for sure and possibly would end up near the $4000, it would even surpass that mark, at least in the Asian markets. If I had to say a figure I would say anyone between $ 3500 and $ 4000.
I guess there will be no reasons which will be stopping bitcoin prices under $4000 levels. I am expecting one or two more countries to join Japan for legalizing bitcoin usage and scalability issue to be solved perfectly in 2017 so that we will be having prices around $10k levels.

I know no one could predict accurately well in advance still I feel around $10k seems a logically physiological levels where the pumpers may stop temporarily for 2017  Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:25:30 AM

it also depends if there will be a chain split or two coins and stuff like that, because getting 2x bitcoin will not sure be helpful to have a higher value, there will be a dump and the value will tank at least at first

this if you think that the current value would not be higher if the block limit was already solved, while i agree that the majority who trade don't really care, the average joe who buy a few amount and send small amount here and there do care about this
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:47:01 AM

If everything working perfectly then my prediction is 4000$ in the end of the year and it will be stable, I cant predict too high because alt coin also got a good rising this year so I expect some bitcoin investor will save some of their investment in alt coin
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:18:51 AM

the problem is that you are using a big if in your speculation/guess or whatever Smiley

but in reality a lot of things go wrong or against expectations. if the solution locks in we may even expect a big dump before the real thing because of a lot of FUD that always comes with these things from the opportunists in the market!
and then the launch will begin.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:33:58 AM

I often wonder how many people are holding back in the expectation of something being implemented. I'm not sure it's all that many people myself. It's something that'll pay future dividends rather than a vast explosion right now. Definitely a boost. Maybe not a life changing one immediately.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: