Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:01:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin - Split - Exchanges  (Read 454 times)
Croin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:50:23 AM

Hey guys,

do you know which exchanges would grant for 1000% you both coins if BTC eventually splits???

Greetings

(I mean same happend to ETH)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:57:49 AM

literary all of them!

an exchange service is a business looking to make more money. and they make that money mostly by people trading there. the more coins the add the more they can earn. adding something hot like a split of bitcoin is going to make them a lot of money.

we saw bitfinex list BU tokens even though the BU was obviously not going to happen.

p.s. don't keep any coins there though. they may add the market later but not grant the coins to anyone keeping coins there because they may screw up.

Only Bitcoin
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:10:06 AM

Hey guys,

do you know which exchanges would grant for 1000% you both coins if BTC eventually splits???

Greetings

(I mean same happend to ETH)

I feel like Coinbase, Poloniex and LBC will do right by you. Specifically Poloniex, if Im remembering right, I wasnt mad at the way they handled ETC/ETH. People would demonstrate at Coinbase HQ if they don't do right by this, so they will be game. And LBC hasn't experienced this before, but for some reason, I think they would be perceptive enough, given the size of their market, to traffic in both coins.

But that's all just conjecture, we will see. Because people want that value, any exchange that gives you access to both forks will be advertising it as a feature Wink We will all be aware ahead of time, I feel. But I would suggest holding it in your own wallet, which you have the key to. Much easier, yes?
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:10:50 AM

I wish I had the skill to write a wallet/client that could do a clean split of my coins I don't trust exchanges to do it for me.
If a split happens come Aug 1 the user base needs a simple tool to split wallets.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Croin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:15:11 AM

p.s. don't keep any coins there though. they may add the market later but not grant the coins to anyone keeping coins there because they may screw up.

Yeah  Grin I was meaning exactly THIS that I get BOTH coins. To lazy to keep them in a wallet and not sure when I buy/sell.

Poloniex granted both coins ETH and ETC right?
What about Bitfinex?
cryptaxo

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:20:37 AM

Yeah i have on cryptopia?

do thet have any plan? what did they do for ETH/ETC
AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:21:52 AM

poloniex said they will list as long as there arent any repeat attacks.. also they did the same for ETC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: