Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:33:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Jaxx Wallet  (Read 8067 times)
Mitsuhide

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:48:54 PM

What the ...
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:20:43 PM

I recently started messing with Jaxx wallet for a couple of alt coins and noticed today that one of the instances of the wallet, specifically the chrome plugin, quit updating the Zcash wallet after an extension update on May 25th.

I can still access the wallet from the desktop application and by other methods but I figured I would open a support case with Jaxx regarding the chrome issue since uninstalling/deleting the plugin/resetting the cache had no effect on my system. I did some reading online and found other people with similar issues that appeared to have self resolved over time while others indicated they had to contact support.

So contact support I did and here is the canned message I got

Your ticket request has been received. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. Please bear in mind that due to the unexpected growth that we as well as blockchain technology are experiencing, we have been overloaded with support requests and will take between 24-48 hours to respond instead of our usual 8 hours.

We understand your concerns and are grateful for your patience; please know that we are working on improving our customer success process in order to provide the best attention possible and keep setting the standard for the industry.

Please note that we have a comprehensive Help Centre which can answer most questions. Take a moment to visit the page below to see if your question can be answered:

FAQ page: https://decentral.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Here are some of the most common issues that users are currently experiencing:
1. ETH transactions showing up in the ETC wallet
2. Ethereum Classic (ETC) send not fully functional
3. Golem (GNT) send not fully functional
4. Bitcoin (BTC) blockchain network extreme congestion (industry-wide issue)
5. ShapeShift transactions not being received right away (ShapeShift congestion)

We are aware of these issues and will have a fix for you soon. If your issue is BTC related, please increase your mining fee to Average or Fast (Settings) for faster confirmations.

**Please also note that we do not recommend that you point your mining payouts to any of our services. Receiving payouts may cause issues on your end and potentially on our end.**

If you find your answer before we reply, we’d greatly appreciate it if you’d let us know by replying to this email.

Thank you for your patience. You’ll hear from us soon!

Decentral Customer Success Team

Notice that part in bold... all I can say is "Wow" when I read that piece. Jaxx is very up front about this in their support case canned e-mail but no where on their website do they say "Hey miners, don't use our wallets"

Thought I would pass this info on as a warning to those out there using this platform for mining payouts.

Looks like using a mainstream wallet is too dangerous nowdays
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:27:29 PM

I've been mining ETH for months now and my payment wallet has always been a Jaxx created one. Now i'm not specifically using Jaxx anymore because it almost never syncs my wallet balance on the first try. What I did was export all my private keys individually and used online wallets like MEW or blockchain.info. Jaxx is safe to use, but it hardly ever works when you need it to.
bitmagic1984

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:12:19 PM

Jaxx wallet is safe to use but some of the ICO token sale is not accepting jaxx wallet address.
GeePeeU

Activity: 539
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:14:30 PM

Just use the Dev made wallets.

Always doubt.
cryptojanne

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:41:13 PM

I've been mining ETH for months now and my payment wallet has always been a Jaxx created one. Now i'm not specifically using Jaxx anymore because it almost never syncs my wallet balance on the first try. What I did was export all my private keys individually and used online wallets like MEW or blockchain.info. Jaxx is safe to use, but it hardly ever works when you need it to.

I used it before as my mining wallet, but 1 out of 10 rewards never came into that wallet. Its compeletly trash. 0/10 would not recomend.
qasw

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:33:21 PM

don't use this anymore
spring07

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

0x5A165891De2a2c8B82c7De19486277e0d5b644DF

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:42:59 PM

Good information. One needs to be watchful i think.
eska

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:10:39 AM

i'm having troubles too with the JAXX wallet on either the desktop version, chrome extensions and the mobile app for ETC. i cannot send any balances out of jaxx and transactions kept failing. I'm considering to export my wallet to another wallet, is it safe to do this? any recommendation on what wallet to choose from? EXODUS? COINOIMI? JAXX support really sucks and ignorant! somebody please help........ Huh Huh Cry Cry
Cryptozillah

Activity: 687
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:27:49 AM

I recently started mining again and decided to use the Jaxx mobile wallet for payouts.

Payouts from Nicehash to Jaxx (ETC) dont work, not for me anyway.
So i had to change adresses and now have some funds that i cant get paid for..
Nicehash cant change adresses or transfer funds between accounts just for notice.

So dont waste time and electricity with Jazz hazzle.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:16:57 AM

Owner jaxx said "used for own risk".
melamiras

Activity: 230
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:32:33 AM

Thank you for posting, just moved my assets.

The response from the Jaxx team is flat out disgusting.

Over $400K stolen from poor security on their code where anyone with access to that pc can snatch up the backup phrase and steal the funds, and they think nothing is wrong with it. 

Whats more the backup phrase is not encrypted with a password so if they get the backup..your screwed.

It seems that all the security relays on physical protection. Scary.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:44:30 AM

Jaxx wallet is just awful.  I never kept much in my wallet but at one time I had about .011 btc and I checked on it in the morning and it was 0 balance with an "incoming" transaction of "0" but a mining fee of .011.  This transaction happened at about 4:00 AM while I was sleeping.  I opened a support ticket and they were no help at all.

I just don't use the wallet anymore. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Eyedol-X (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:56:07 AM

Wow someone dug up a 6 month old post, my guess is they used search Cheesy

On the topic of Jaxx, I quit using it entirely.

There are some alt coins I temporarily hold in Coinomi until I move them off to a dedicated or hard wallet.

in the case of Coinomi, so far I haven't had any major issues but I'm sure it's not free from issues.

To date the only issue I've had with Coinomi is the intermittent connectivity to specific wallets on occasion. If I needed to move a coin quickly it would have been a problem but since I use it for temporary holding it really hasn't been a problem.

As others have indicated, use a dedicated wallet or a hard wallet where possible.
illegaldrum

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:40:41 PM

Has anybody found a way to restore the old adresses (that keep getting switched) - in Jaxx or other app?
Cryptocurrencyworx

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:50:28 AM

Anyone using Jaxx Liberty? After sync with old Jaxx wallet, due to no exchange available in that one, it seems, no exchange option in this wallet either.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: