Bitcoin Forum
October 04, 2024, 11:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did i lose my bitcoin / dogecoin ? New to cryptocurrency please help.  (Read 274 times)
Krazystang (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:11:00 AM

Hello all,

I had a quick question for everyone. Back in 2013/2014 i purchased some bitcoins through coinbase.  Some of the actual bitcoin is still there.  However,  i'm showing some transactions i made years ago and i specifically remember buying dogecoin. 

I can't seem to locate where these coins would be?  I think I may have purchased them on that Gox site that got shit down. Would these mean that i lost all those dogecoins?  In my coinbase account It shows that i sent bitcoin to some "address's".  I'm not even sure what this means.

I actually forgot i even had bitcoin and just oghed into my coinbase account  after 3 years.

Is it worth trying to locate my dogecoin and other coins i may have bought? Or did i lose these forever?

Sorry for the newbie question,  i'm just learning the whole cryptocurrency worldZ

Any help would be appreciated..
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:12:39 AM

Do you have access to your dogecoin wallet where you sent your dogecoins when purchased ? If not I am afraid you lost them, there is no way to recover your crypto currencies in case if you lose the access to your wallet.
Krazystang (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 01:48:09 AM

Do you have access to your dogecoin wallet where you sent your dogecoins when purchased ? If not I am afraid you lost them, there is no way to recover your crypto currencies in case if you lose the access to your wallet.

Thanks for the reply!

The problem is ,  i believe i had them held through a site called Cryptsy.  However it looks like that site no longer exist.  I believe that is were k had my dogecoins.  Thoughts?
IrReAr

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:18:19 AM

Cryptsy was under law proccess recently and people could claim that they got their money stolen. Google it. But you are a bit late I suppose.
Krazystang (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:31:15 AM

Cryptsy was under law proccess recently and people could claim that they got their money stolen. Google it. But you are a bit late I suppose.

Hello,

Yes i actually noticed hat to when i googled crypsty.  But it looks like i'm too late like you said. Ughh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: