Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:43:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple thoughts  (Read 898 times)
USBitcoinServices.Com (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:33:00 AM

Ripple is a private startup that transfer value in seconds, faster than ETH and Bitcoin (according to their website) true or not I don't know.

It has about 38 million coins in circulation, out of 100 million coins that exist.

If it is a private, centralized startup, I wonder if it will have success for the long term, since most of the decentralized start up these days have the main advantage of being decentralized, perhaps Ripple can succeed for the first 5 to 10 years? but once the whole population understand the difference between centralize and decentralized probably they will move to the decentralized startups.

Comments?

shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 04:16:00 AM

I think many of its users are just short term investors in dumps and pumps for obtaining the huge profits as it has been one of the reliable coins to provide huge percentages to investors.
You're right, people eventually will understand the centralization of it and would prefer a more decentralized option. But till then, just enjoy the ride and make some profits.   
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 04:52:50 AM

Ripple is a private startup that transfer value in seconds, faster than ETH and Bitcoin (according to their website) true or not I don't know.

It has about 38 million coins in circulation, out of 100 million coins that exist.

If it is a private, centralized startup, I wonder if it will have success for the long term, since most of the decentralized start up these days have the main advantage of being decentralized, perhaps Ripple can succeed for the first 5 to 10 years? but once the whole population understand the difference between centralize and decentralized probably they will move to the decentralized startups.

Comments?

i think you meant billion as in 38billion and 100billion coins.
ripple is much better than etheruim, this eth is pretty much a centralized 1 ugly person show, bagholders refused to admit/recognize it is a 1 person pyramid platform. the etherieum hype thing have no user or big corporation base adoption.

all and all the big banks going to use ripple and that is where the money coming from.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:29:42 AM

Comments?

For me Ripple is just a pump and dump coin,many people are going here regardless if it is centralized or decentralized just for profit if you are into crypto currency you will just play along just to make a profit but I doubt if you are going to fully support this coin.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:13:14 AM

that is 38 billion not million, as in with 9 zeros in front of it Grin
the same is for total supply which is 100,000,000,000 coins!

Comments?

Ripple has been around for a very long time, and it has not yet succeeded in anything. and i say if you couldn't do it all these years you won't be able to do it in the future too, it will just get harder and harder.

the only chance they got is the centralized sector and banks but they failed there too, because banks just took the idea and used it in their own internal system separate from Ripple.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:43:36 AM

According to me Xrp is good coin have good technology and Xrp price was touch 24000 satoshi but now its price is down as per market down trend
Xrp is using in banking sector so it has great attraction of investors.
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:39:41 PM

Ripple is a good coin if we see it in a long term purpose because of too much hype in ripple coin its was increased in price suddenly and than make a long correction and now I think it has been corrected in price and now it will be stable after bitcoin segwit and I am sure after that it will grow normally and I am hoping this coin will be worth good in future.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 02:52:14 PM

Ripple is a good coin if we see it in a long term purpose because of too much hype in ripple coin its was increased in price suddenly and than make a long correction and now I think it has been corrected in price and now it will be stable after bitcoin segwit and I am sure after that it will grow normally and I am hoping this coin will be worth good in future.

You really think it would be great to invest in long term plan. I don't think so because it is centralised and that means they are holding your assets under some sort of "terms and conditions" written in tiny letters. These might restrict you in the future from earning more and more out of ripple as they could limit your profitability for their sustained growth. This will happen I they start falling in the future. Look at bitcoin, its decentralised and everyone took out their investment or moved it as and when they thought to do so and bitcoin gives you opportunity by doing that. You can create proper investment in decentralised mode but may not be possible with centralised one.
namini

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:29:55 PM

XRP is a digital asset with no counterparty risk, XRP cannot be frozen or seized, how are they supposed to "hold your assets under some sort of terms and conditions written in tiny letters". Only you have access to your funds.

Of the current 25 public validators (Microsoft, Cgi, Mit...) Ripple control 4 and they are working to decentralize this even more.
AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:44:34 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 02:22:31 PM by AiWanChu

ripple will recover once ALT season kicks in again, relax XRP bagholders
namini

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:33:56 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 06:39:53 PM by namini

Well, you can say you don't like Ripple because they work with banks or because there is no mining, but there is so much fake/wrong info on this forum. There is even threads calling ethereum a scam, this is ridiculous......
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:40:30 PM

Yeah seems to be good opportunity to save my ass from current situation. I have read much about this coin from the forum itself and it looks safe house currently. One of the person has moved all his bitcoin as well as altcoins to this safe house and I'm wondering why it is so trustworthy than bitcoin itself. Being centralised could be one reason behind this as it is regulated with care and won't be affected much with segwit2x transformation. Is that do guys?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: