Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC will go down to 20  (Read 3266 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:07:04 AM

From a merchants perspective Bitcoin is currently the only possibility, and a limited possibility at that in terms of accepting Crypto for products. Either we give up Crpyto altogether or Bitcoin will remain the dominant force. Personally I think that a lot of day traders are dependent on the volatility, I have noticed a lot of members who go on constantly about Bitcoin falling beyond return yet nothing is stopping them for simply selling up and moving on. Digital currency is the future, so unless an Alt-coin starts to approach Bitcoins market share all that needs to be considered is at what level Bitcoin can be sustained as we enter the phase when merchants(like myself) start accepting Bitcoins. There are to many projects now meaning vested interest and more push towards the right direction in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:08:54 AM

Stability is obviously kind of important for merchants.  Either that or else the ability to convert bitcoin to and from fiat really quickly (as in about as quickly as sending bitcoins from one address to another) I think the second is more likely than the first in the foreseeable future.  I also think that will increase adoption dramatically, becuase it makes it much easier.  Bitcoin ATM might help with this.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BitSmile

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:28:51 AM

I watched Bitcoin for a long time before taking any action (check my registration date here). I decided finally that I wanted to use BTC as a currency and store of value and bought in for 85 through 120 USD. I now find myself day trading because it's the only option I have to try and retain value of my store (with respect to myself) besides praying that the price goes up.

And that's messed up. That's not a currency, it's an attempt at using a stock as a store of value.

The above doesnt really reflect the totality of how I feel about the Bitcoin project, but its a gimpse.

You should try and make use of your btc...it will save you time, you sleep better, etc. I used btc since 2012, it served my purposes then, serves me now, and hopefully will continue to do it. For people who actually started in bitcoin by using it, and not giving a f*ck about the exchange rate, it is clear that bitcoin is strong, and will not fail. Keep day-trading if you want, but you should think about something useful for the bitcoin economy, for example make things and sell them. (I am not saying to get rid of your investment obviously, keep it but try to make another investment to actually use and help build the bitcoin economy)

samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:41:53 AM

Quote from: BitSmile
Keep day-trading if you want, but you should think about something useful for the bitcoin economy, for example make things and sell them.

heh, in  the process of creating something now, plus an avalon  design which I will only sell for btc.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: