Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:48:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie in C++ wants deep learning on BTC and Alts  (Read 3622 times)
INRI666 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:43:17 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2023, 09:25:50 AM by INRI666

I've been playing around with coding on and off without any real purpose and motivation. But now I think I have found that purpose and that to learn more about Bitcoin and altcoins on a technical level. I want to be able to gauge and find out for myself if a particular project is technically sound as they were meant to be.

I've been learning C++. But I want to also do some practical learning. If I already have the basics of C++, where can I start practicing to understand Bitcoin better aside from learning more C++?

I've seen some "make your own altcoin" threads and I thought that might be a good learning experience, but what else?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 05:45:56 AM

Read the technical documentation and read the source code of Bitcoin Core.

Bitweasil

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 02:05:03 AM

A good start.

If you want to learn it properly, implement your own coin and network - from scratch.

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 02:57:35 AM

A good start.

If you want to learn it properly, implement your own coin and network - from scratch.

No, I just want to understand everything about Bitcoin, blockchains and whatnot. I want to also have the ability to judge, technically, if a project is viable or not.

Then you must have a lot of research on that, there's a lot of discussion here regarding your concerned you must read and learn, try to go on Development & Technical Discussion here's the link. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=6.0
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:48:34 AM

I am not a coder or a Techie but there is a token called STRATIS that is working on C+ etc and you can use their platform to code stuff and do smart contracts soon with your type of programming knowledge. They are also introducing a breeze wallet for private Bitcoin and Stratis transactions so you might want to check them out.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:01:45 PM

A good start.

No, I just want to understand everything about Bitcoin, blockchains and whatnot. I want to also have the ability to judge, technically, if a project is viable or not.

Then you must have a lot of research on that, there's a lot of discussion here regarding your concerned you must read and learn, try to go on Development & Technical Discussion here's the link. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=6.0

rofl. Thanks for the link. It felt like I was in the movie Inception.

By the way, I've been learning a lot the last couple of days. I didn't realize that blockchains are hashes of hashes of hashes of hashes linked together. At least that's how I understood it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Why don't you read the code and try to understand and maybe try to write your own script? This is how I started, I don't want to read, I want practical practices so I decided to put a more hands on approach so that I can really understand and I made great stride learning it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6233

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:01:12 AM

A good start for me to understand at least a little bit is this webpage: Bitcoins the hard way: Using the raw Bitcoin protocol. The author explains what really happens when you connect to the network and send transactions.

It is probably a bit outdated now as it's from 2014, but the basics are still the same. The author uses Python scripts, but they are really simple and should give you the basic knowledge you need to understand the technical documentation, and after that, the code.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TechPriest

Activity: 377
Merit: 282

Finis coronat opus

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:59:01 PM

For me, it's better to teach something on Python than C++. Python easier and better for understanding. Also, for newbie.
Electrum for example has been wrote on Python. 

In science we trust!
dex1

Activity: 141
Merit: 116

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:45:14 PM

This is a nice one in my opinion. Check it out:

http://davidederosa.com/basic-blockchain-programming/

Markley

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:21:15 PM

try the bitcoin course from princeton on coursera. they have programming projects that will help you learn the technical parts but they are in java. can pick java up pretty quickly if you are decent at c++

I've been playing around with coding on and off without any real purpose and motivation. But now I think I have found that purpose and that to learn more about Bitcoin and altcoins on a technical level. I want to be able to gauge and find out for myself if a particular project is technically sound as they were meant to be.

I've been learning C++. But I want to also do some practical learning. If I already have the basics of C++, where can I start practicing to understand Bitcoin better aside from learning more C++?

I've seen some "make your own altcoin" threads and I thought that might be a good learning experience, but what else?
cryp71x

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:17:58 PM

The book "Mastering Bitcoin" has also some coding examples.
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:25:09 PM

Forgetting bitcoin for a second, if you just want to polish up your C++ skills, a great free site to do this is hackerrank.com , extra cool because you can do all the various exercises in several different languages back and forth.
bnhjui

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:26:17 PM

Forgetting bitcoin for a second, if you just want to polish up your C++ skills, a great free site to do this is hackerrank.com , extra cool because you can do all the various exercises in several different languages back and forth.

amazing site, another one like this is hcodecademy.com, but I think that hackerrank.com has more practical and interesting exercises. It is completely different if you just read code of bitcoin core or you actually code.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:56:00 AM

Thanks for the additional suggestions. Keep them coming! I'm sure there are a lot more people who'll appreciate it.
C++ is basic thing,then you have to learn different thing which are dependent on or using  it.leave blockchain  or btc wallet programming till you learn other things.first improve your knowledge regarding servers and node,you can learn socket programming.you can learn other library as well if you want to.then you can read wiki or pdf of bitcoin . creating blockchain/wallet from scratch require a good amount of time so use prebuilt wallet to start first time.
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:21:20 PM

If you are good at C++. Now you can focus on C++ with OpenCL / Cuda for GPU programming. Also, you should definitely learn about the autonomy, decentralization, fault tolerance, and scalability of distributed hash tables. Bitcoin core programming is in C++ and there are many books available online for free which can teach you programming the blockchain in C++. Along with this you can focus on some other languages too as they are more widely accepted nowadays such as JAVA, Python, Perl.
cryp71x

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:08:36 PM

and there are many books available online for free which can teach you programming the blockchain in C++

@AK47: Can you name some, except "Mastering Bitcoin" by Antonopolous?
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:09:23 AM

and there are many books available online for free which can teach you programming the blockchain in C++

@AK47: Can you name some, except "Mastering Bitcoin" by Antonopolous?
This is a best available book according to me. Others are not well accepted. So, I would say why don't you try some online courses and tutorials. This way you can practically learn things. There is byte academy, tutorials at 21.co, course at Udemy and many more. Why don't you search for them and choose the best suited to you. There is a book called programming the blockchain in C#. I haven't read that. Just heard about it. So, I don't know about the content. Else Mastering Bitcoin is best book available.
cryptogasm

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:55:14 PM

http://davidederosa.com/basic-blockchain-programming/

This might be a good start!
shinohai

Activity: 267
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:52:24 AM

I found this article helpful when I was starting my journey into basic Bitcoin proficiency. Cheers!

sherlock_h

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

Byteball: DAG, Built-in Chat, Conditional Payments

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:56:36 AM

You could start by creating some kind of service that accepts Bitcoin, that way you use your programing skills, and at the same time learn to integrate Bitcoin to your website. But for this you will also need experience in web development.

⚪ Byteball (https://byteball.org/)     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0)          TELEGRAM (https://t.me/byteball)          TWITTER (https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg)          MEDIUM (https://medium.com/byteball)          SLACK (https://slack.byteball.org/)          REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/r/ByteBall/)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: