Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins supporting signing/verifying messages  (Read 204 times)
choog (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:17:13 AM

HI,

Which altcoins support signing and verifying messages? And what software / wallet for these altcoins provides this service?

So far, my research has thrown these altcoins up as providing ability to sign anbd verify messages (mainly to prove ownership of address):

1. Dash
2. Monero
3. ZCash
4. DogeCoin
5. BitShares
6. Lisk
7. Peercoin

Are there any I am missing out? (Litecoin?)

Also- as a noob to ethereum,  I understand that ethereum provides this capability too. But pther tokens built on top of ethereum - how many and how do they provide this capability? I am talking about tokens like: Golem, Gnosis, Stellar, Augur, Waves, MaidSafeCoin, DigixDao, DigiByte, Ardor, Iconomi, Melon, Reddcoin etc

Thanks.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:00:30 PM

when altcoins are similar to each other at code level (for example litecoin being the copy of bitcoin) specially in places that matter like how a private key is defined, then they all have the "sign a message feature" even if the wallet doesn't have that.

because signing a message is simply a cryptography signature that you make by having the private key as your key to sign and the message as the string to sign and then produce a base64 (if i am not mistaken) string.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: