Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:14:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHich Crypto is the least Asics Hostile  (Read 1199 times)
btchaver (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:38:58 PM

Which crypto would survie through asics and if you could list them in order from best to worst i would appreciate it and an explanations would be greatly appreciated.  I know ltc is not good with asics and btc kind of needs it because of its high difficulty.  Thats pretty much it i know that ppc is energy efficient.  BUt i am no expert just reading on here thats it.  I know as much as the next guy but i am not the creator or a programmer so if anyone can give advice or explain it would be greatly appreciated.

Undecided
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:43:23 PM

Any scrypt based coin for sure because that would require an ASIC with a large amount of extremely fast memory. SHA256 based coins do not require much memory. Then again, ASICs are really only being shipped for BTC and that's taken months (still most have not shipped). To design an ASIC for another currency, presale, manufacture, and then ship---well, that'll take some time.

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:44:06 PM

BITBAR

Blah blah
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:46:51 PM

There is a large family of coins that is waiting for ASICs so they can use ASICs to secure their blockchains by merged mining.

Because of all the lies about how soon ASICs would be delivered they did not tool up with the huge mining farms they would between them all need in order to be secure, but once ASICs start being ready to ship when ordered more and more coins will be able to join the merged mined family. (Many have not even launched because they are waiting for those that did launch to demonstrate that it is actually possible and affordable to secure a blockchain, as blockchains are, at least without using merged mining, insanely expensive to secure.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
btchaver (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:16:18 PM

Any scrypt based coin for sure because that would require an ASIC with a large amount of extremely fast memory. SHA256 based coins do not require much memory. Then again, ASICs are really only being shipped for BTC and that's taken months (still most have not shipped). To design an ASIC for another currency, presale, manufacture, and then ship---well, that'll take some time.

Hey thanks for the information i really do appreciate that it sounds like pretty confident and know what you are talking about.  thanks.   
btchaver (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:22:45 PM

If bitcoin hashrate and dificulty goes up and asics provides enough sustenance for the market then why introduce so many cryptos into something thats already there and set up and has been already used by the majority.  I could understand a few added but theres so many of them i cant see all of them being to mainstream but then again in ten years anything can happen.    all these crypto could be merged into one and still given their own value for the miner but provide only one currency for the market.   i cant see them all working against each orther as a currency but it can be good for the mining part i think.  i dont know? 
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:29:12 PM

If bitcoin hashrate and dificulty goes up and asics provides enough sustenance for the market then why introduce so many cryptos into something thats already there and set up and has been already used by the majority.  I could understand a few added but theres so many of them i cant see all of them being to mainstream but then again in ten years anything can happen.    all these crypto could be merged into one and still given their own value for the miner but provide only one currency for the market.   i cant see them all working against each orther as a currency but it can be good for the mining part i think.  i dont know? 

how many stocks are int he stock market?  How many can you choose from?  How is it that all those stock shares (coins) ca all exist at the same time with different and often such high values and be sustainable?

Because humans choose it to be that way.
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:29:01 AM

Im fairly confident the NSA can 51% any coin they want to at anytime.

"he agency has not finished building at Oak Ridge, nor is it satisfied with breaking the petaflop barrier. Its next goal is to reach exaflop speed, one quintillion (1018) operations a second, and eventually zettaflop (1021) and yottaflop."

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 12:34:45 AM

Least ASICs hostile??  Im suprised no one has said...

wait for it....

wait...

BITCOIN!!!

ahahhahaha!!!!!1!!one!!elevnty!!!

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
btchaver (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:12:50 PM

Least ASICs hostile??  Im suprised no one has said...

wait for it....

wait...

BITCOIN!!!

ahahhahaha!!!!!1!!one!!elevnty!!!

for now at least other may be able to catch up
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: