Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:11:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage: have you ever tried and how much have you earned so far?  (Read 2324 times)
johanmichel
Copper Member

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 02:17:45 PM

I have done arbitrage between LTC and BTC in the past. It was pretty succesful.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:01:46 PM

these days i keep seeing a lot of topics and comments in this board talking about arbitrage trading.
so i am curious to know how many of you have ever tried it for real, as in trading and making profit not just on paper.

and also how much profit did you make?

I've tried it only once. It was with Lisk. It was a while ago, i think i bought in from bittrex and sold on poloniex and took advantage of the price differential. However arbitrage with altcoins are extremely rare these days.

I've tried also with VPNcoin, people were selling vpncoin for like 0.00002 BTC but on yobit there was tons of buy orders at over 0.0001. Shocked me at first and quickly bought 0.1 BTC worth of VPNcoin. But only after i bought it i realised all yobit deposits were closed, meaning that i had to cop a loss of over 0.02 btc due to the spread Sad
Somethings worthy of note and in fact, lesson to learn from your experience is that in arbitrage trading, the coins to trade, the exchanges involved and volumes of trade is a must 'consider' before carrying out any transaction. Some coins are actually worthless and there are quite a number of them out there. Everything that glitters isn't gold!
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 02:59:41 PM

I tried CRX/BTC arbitrage into the past and it was pretty unsuccessful as I purchased on yobit and then I saw that the wallet was under maintainance and the withdrawals were not being processed, so I had to contact yobit for support and they said that the maintaiance will take a long time so I had to sell my coins at 10 to 20% loss to get my bitcoins out of there.

TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:05:18 AM

Arbing can be profitable if you large amount of coins sitting in different exchanges. It requires big sums because the profits are tiny, in most cases less tan 1%.You also have to factor in exchange fees. It is a decent income, but there are risks too. If they price changes on one exchange before your sell/buy order is filled, you may incur losses.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 02:03:21 PM

i tried it 2-3 times in dash coin and get profit every time. i purchase from yobit and sell at bittrex. just 2 days back, xvg give good arbitrage as buy from yobit and sell at bittrex. but for that, 1st we have to check that both sites wallets are open for transfer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:44:03 PM

Arbing can be profitable if you large amount of coins sitting in different exchanges. It requires big sums because the profits are tiny, in most cases less tan 1%.You also have to factor in exchange fees. It is a decent income, but there are risks too. If they price changes on one exchange before your sell/buy order is filled, you may incur losses.
Larger capital must be insignificant here but you must need funds in different exchanges so that you can make use of abbitrage trading. Because, your large capital may not cover all the price gaps. So, even with small capital also you can make some profits out of this type of trading. But getting ready with enough funds and moving them across exchanges will be the big challenge here.
charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:12:27 PM

You have the funds ready on both exchanges and execute the trade at the same time then u retransfer any coins necessary to keep a balance between both exchanges and start the process again when the opportunity arises. Bigger capital helps by reducing fees on certain exchanges.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:00:27 PM

these days i keep seeing a lot of topics and comments in this board talking about arbitrage trading.
so i am curious to know how many of you have ever tried it for real, as in trading and making profit not just on paper.

and also how much profit did you make?

yes i have tried arbitrade its good when the spread of the price between the exchanges is worth it
and its more profit when you have enough btc,  thw problem i have with arbitrade is the traffic sometimes it took so long to transfer the coin...

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 09:06:55 PM

Larger capital must be insignificant here but you must need funds in different exchanges so that you can make use of abbitrage trading. Because, your large capital may not cover all the price gaps. So, even with small capital also you can make some profits out of this type of trading. But getting ready with enough funds and moving them across exchanges will be the big challenge here.
That's why it's far better to use a bot for that, you can really react faster to sudden price changes and discrepancies between the exchanges.
If you're moving funds manually, you're going to miss out on profit in the end.

The past few weeks haven't been the best for arbitrage though.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:19:48 PM

I tried CRX/BTC arbitrage into the past and it was pretty unsuccessful as I purchased on yobit and then I saw that the wallet was under maintainance and the withdrawals were not being processed, so I had to contact yobit for support and they said that the maintaiance will take a long time so I had to sell my coins at 10 to 20% loss to get my bitcoins out of there.
I noticed similar situation with EMC2/BTC at Bittrex and Poloniex yesterday. The gap looked too good to be true, so I hard to first confirm why Poloniex end was very high only to discover the coin have been temporarily disabled. Other opportunities I came across happened in the passing as such use of a bot becomes highly essential to be able to catch any opportunity.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:22:25 PM

Yes, it might be profitable for rich traders but finding continuous profits from this type of trading is impossible as price gaps will fade away over time. I have tried many times to do grab trading with my local exchanges. But after seeing their huge withdraw fees I have concluded it is not worth for the time and efforts I'm putting in compared to spending these for my regular bitcoin trading.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:28:31 PM

Yes, it might be profitable for rich traders but finding continuous profits from this type of trading is impossible as price gaps will fade away over time. I have tried many times to do grab trading with my local exchanges. But after seeing their huge withdraw fees I have concluded it is not worth for the time and efforts I'm putting in compared to spending these for my regular bitcoin trading.

It is not like that you should have only large amount it is upto you that how much profit you want , i have done lot of time arbitrage trading and got profit. It can be done only if the coin is listed in 2 or more exchanges, one coin i know which i use to do arbitrage trading and earning it as in both exchanges i have that coin and bitcoin both in stock and lot of time i have seen that in one exchange the price in buying is high and in other exchange it is dumped and the difference i got is 4 to 5 sat but the volume was high.

only thing to know is in both exchange the coin is active and all wallets are in active condition
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:36:40 AM

I tried it a few times but bots are way faster than I am and I lost a minuscule percentage. The problem one time was I didn't realize that one exchange wouldn't accept deposits of a certain altcoin for a few weeks because their wallet was under maintenance. That would have been a huge margin of 15-20% though. Oh well.
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:50:31 AM

The main problem arbitrage trading is when we want to move the coin to another exchanger but there is notice wallet was under maintenance, but when we can move to another exchanger the price is almost the same in all exchangers and only generate a little profit.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:14:01 AM

I tried a few times and my profit is around 0.1btc, one time doing arbitrage can get around 0.01 sometimes less than that, I don't think arbitrage trading is too good, because the risk is high and the profit is really small and it is hard to find the timing and exchanger to do arbitrage trading

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:02:03 AM

I noticed similar situation with EMC2/BTC at Bittrex and Poloniex yesterday. The gap looked too good to be true, so I hard to first confirm why Poloniex end was very high only to discover the coin have been temporarily disabled. Other opportunities I came across happened in the passing as such use of a bot becomes highly essential to be able to catch any opportunity.

Well, I've also tried arbitrage 3 days ago between poloniex and bittrex for emc2 coin. The gap was big enought to make profit. I transfer the tokens to bittrex. And then the gap got much smaller. So I finished it with a very little profit.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:26:13 PM

I've also tried arbitrage 3 days ago between poloniex and bittrex for emc2 coin. The gap was big enought to make profit. I transfer the tokens to bittrex. And then the gap got much smaller. So I finished it with a very little profit.
Nice sharing. Could you please share how you managed to spot the gap for that particular coin ? Are you continuously trading that coin alone or do you keep on checking multiple coins for gaps from one exchange to another exchange ? I just wonder how people finds the gap between exchanges and making profits from arbitrage trading.

I guess if we are holding some coins and checking for better prices in one or two exchanges then we may find gaps for that one particular coin. Otherwise we must need bots to help us to spot gaps across exchanges.
BrewMaster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:33:01 PM

i have been affected by this also! and it was similarly on Yobit. the price difference was so big that i fell for it and forgot to check first.
later on i found out that most of their wallets are dead. it is ridiculous actually. every coin that you click on has a dead wallet! i wonder how much server space did they buy! 100 MB probably Cheesy

There is a FOMO brewing...
ccoinca

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:42:44 AM

arb was possible a month or 2 ago, now rates are too low to cover fees
josh75

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:38:59 AM

I've also tried arbitrage 3 days ago between poloniex and bittrex for emc2 coin. The gap was big enought to make profit. I transfer the tokens to bittrex. And then the gap got much smaller. So I finished it with a very little profit.
Nice sharing. Could you please share how you managed to spot the gap for that particular coin ? Are you continuously trading that coin alone or do you keep on checking multiple coins for gaps from one exchange to another exchange ? I just wonder how people finds the gap between exchanges and making profits from arbitrage trading.

I guess if we are holding some coins and checking for better prices in one or two exchanges then we may find gaps for that one particular coin. Otherwise we must need bots to help us to spot gaps across exchanges.

same would love to know how you detect those arbitrage.

also what are the crypto that move fast like eth,litecoin ?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: