Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 09:00:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For how much longer will it be possible to mine Ethereum?  (Read 788 times)
Dr Bloggood (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:10:33 PM

When is "Caspar" coming, do they have a date for this already?

And once ETH has PoS, there will be no mining at all, correct? I'm wondering how new coins will be brought into existence then.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:11:21 PM

12-14 months. But hybrid mining will come much sooner, meaning the rewards from mining will drop signifiantly before full POS.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:16:53 PM

can someone who knows about this tell us what the community's general view is? are the miners unhappy? excited? is there talk of going to etc? is it controversial in any way?
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:19:22 PM

Wether they are happy or unhappy is irelevant. Wether they got to mine on etc or expanse or any other project is irelevant. They go where they can get profit. No controversial, it's on roadmap since 2014-2015.

I am a small miner myself and i actually want POS.
Dr Bloggood (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:32:57 PM

After posting this thread, I found a very interesting article about this topic, from two days ago. But it's in German. Maybe you can google translate it or still get the gist of it - "Ethereum - Winter comes closer"

https://bitcoinblog.de/2017/05/30/ethereum-der-winter-naht/

Answered my own question. Thanks, Bloggood.

It basically says that the transition time will be long, and mining will only end in 2021. PoS and PoW will run simultaneously for some time.

Btw, is anybody here mining ETH? I'm in contact with an investor who might want to do it on a large scale. Money is there, but we don't know much about the technical side. We would be thankful for anybody who gets in contact, can answer a couple of basic questions, etc...

The article says ETH runs in 4 phases (Frontier, Homestead, Metroplis and Serenity), each one introduced by a hardfork?? So 5 coins in the end??
couture

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:35:17 PM

After posting this thread, I found a very interesting article about this topic, from two days ago. But it's in German. Maybe you can google translate it or still get the gist of it - "Ethereum - Winter comes closer"

https://bitcoinblog.de/2017/05/30/ethereum-der-winter-naht/

Answered my own question. Thanks, Bloggood.

It basically says that the transition time will be long, and mining will only end in 2021. PoS and PoW will run simultaneously for some time.

Btw, is anybody here mining ETH? I'm in contact with an investor who might want to do it on a large scale. Money is there, but we don't know much about the technical side. We would be thankful for anybody who gets in contact, can answer a couple of basic questions, etc...

The article says ETH runs in 4 phases (Frontier, Homestead, Metroplis and Serenity), each one introduced by a hardfork?? So 5 coins in the end??

What technical and mining information do you need help with? Feel free to PM me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: