Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:23:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla IPN Failure on bitinstant?  (Read 1750 times)
mightypirate (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:29:45 PM

If this has already been answered please excuse me, I tried searching google and ended up here, tried searching here and still no answers.

Today I tried to make my first bitcoin purchase.  My original intent was to use dwolla to buy from mgtox, but today once my deposit at dwolla had cleared I discovered mgtox requires ID on file to buy bitcoins with dwolla.  Not wanting to wait until after Monday to make my purchase I discovered I could use dwolla at bitinstant and transfer them to mtgox.  So I selected the dwolla to mtgox option and everything seemed to go fine until the third line in my event history at bitinstant.  It shows that the data from dwolla was received, then the next line in my event history says "Dwolla IPN failure" and nothing has occurred since then.

I'm not exactly panicking, the money is still in my dwolla account so I haven't lost anything.  However it would be nice to know if the order will process at some point or if I have to make a new one?  I don't want to create a new order and be out twice as much money if the first one goes through as well.  Can anyone tell me what the issue is?  If there's something I did wrong on my end (I put in all account numbers properly so it's not that) it'd be nice to know what I did wrong.

Thank you.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:27:53 PM

If this has already been answered please excuse me, I tried searching google and ended up here, tried searching here and still no answers.

Today I tried to make my first bitcoin purchase.  My original intent was to use dwolla to buy from mgtox, but today once my deposit at dwolla had cleared I discovered mgtox requires ID on file to buy bitcoins with dwolla.  Not wanting to wait until after Monday to make my purchase I discovered I could use dwolla at bitinstant and transfer them to mtgox.  So I selected the dwolla to mtgox option and everything seemed to go fine until the third line in my event history at bitinstant.  It shows that the data from dwolla was received, then the next line in my event history says "Dwolla IPN failure" and nothing has occurred since then.

I'm not exactly panicking, the money is still in my dwolla account so I haven't lost anything.  However it would be nice to know if the order will process at some point or if I have to make a new one?  I don't want to create a new order and be out twice as much money if the first one goes through as well.  Can anyone tell me what the issue is?  If there's something I did wrong on my end (I put in all account numbers properly so it's not that) it'd be nice to know what I did wrong.

Thank you.

Hi there, unfortunately the order won't process and this is an issue we're working with dwolla on.
You need to go here first - http://www.dwolla.com/fundingsources?a=verify
FeArZ

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:11:30 AM

Yep, got the same error around 12pm today.
My Account is verified on Dwolla so when its back up I should be good to go right?
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:45:37 AM

My Account is verified on Dwolla so when its back up I should be good to go right?

Our service is up right now, so i'm not sure what you mean by "when its back up" - all I know is dwolla have told us some customers will need to visit that link and go through the questions.
FeArZ

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:04:00 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 04:20:11 PM by FeArZ

Our service is up right now, so i'm not sure what you mean by "when its back up" - all I know is dwolla have told us some customers will need to visit that link and go through the questions.
Sorry, I thought the issue had to be resolved with Dwolla and Bitinstant. So I ment when that was resolved everything will work fine?
Also the link doesn't lead anywhere. After I log in it shows a blank Funding Sources page. Then I click Funding Sources again and my verified account shows up.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:34:18 PM

Sorry, I thought the issue had to be resolved with Dwolla and Bitinstant. So I ment when that was resolved everything will work fine?
Also the link doesn't lead anywhere. After I log in it shows a blank Funding Sources page. Then I click Funding Sources again and my verified account shows up.

Give it another try on our site and see if you can make a payment, if you can't let me know your QuoteID so I can chase this up with dwolla.
FeArZ

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:07:28 PM

Give it another try on our site and see if you can make a payment, if you can't let me know your QuoteID so I can chase this up with dwolla.

Failed again. Sending Pm with info now.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:35:08 PM

Failed again. Sending Pm with info now.

I've passed all the details onto dwolla and waiting for their reply, in the meantime please get in touch if you need to do a transaction and we'll setup a manual transaction.
ltc_foundry

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:33:52 PM

I'm having the exact same issue Sad

Verified Dwolla acct, waiting interminably for Gox, transactions fail on BitInstant with same error as OP. Same issue following steps you provided.

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:27:03 AM

Can you send me your QuoteID so I can check the details and refer to dwolla?

Same as the other user, if you'd like to setup a manual transaction please get in touch and we can arrange this.
rufus728

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:47:50 PM

Hi!

I'm having the exact same issue today. I will also PM the appropriate details to you. Let me know if there is any update!

Thank you,
Michael
rufus728

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 06:49:47 PM

And ... of course I am not allowed to send private messages. I don't know why this is! You can reach me at rufus728 at yahoo dot com.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:10:39 PM

Just an update, dwolla are apparently working to resolve this issue permanently within the next month but for now please try sending a single cent via the following link:
https://www.dwolla.com/hub/812-544-3435?amount=0.01&memo=Please%20try%20to%20send%20us%20a%20penny.%20This%20should%20get%20you%20into%20the%20KBA%20verification%20mode

After doing that, our regular site should work fine - you should only need to do this once.
maxspace321

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 11:42:01 PM

I'm trying to do dwolla --> btc address, getting the same IPN error. pretty annoying, here's my info.

Quote ID   b82367ce-5ab0-41f7-8d5f-db33e50539d9
Event ID   dc8659e1-8a93-4ef1-bb80-b458dfa204ef
Quote valid until   Fri May 10 00:43:24 2013
Fees (inclusive of Dwolla)   1.99%%
Amount you need to pay   $200.00 USD
Amount you will receive   $196.02 USD
Expected delivery time(HH:MM:SS)   0:04:00
Guaranteed delivery time (HH:MM:SS)   1:00:00
Destination exchange   Bitcoin Address
maxspace321

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:45:42 AM

Just an update, dwolla are apparently working to resolve this issue permanently within the next month but for now please try sending a single cent via the following link:
https://www.dwolla.com/hub/812-544-3435?amount=0.01&memo=Please%20try%20to%20send%20us%20a%20penny.%20This%20should%20get%20you%20into%20the%20KBA%20verification%20mode

After doing that, our regular site should work fine - you should only need to do this once.

just tried this, working now. thanks Smiley
pwi

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:15:30 AM

Thank you.

I can't speak to your specific question, but I have had zero issues with dwolla$ --> CampBXBTC/$ --> dwolla$ / BTCwallet.  By zero issues, I mean near instant access to BTC and fiat both ways.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Gox seems to be shielding itself from US scrutiny while CBX and others are staying ahead of the US regulatory curve.  I was very surprised that MtGox asked for a "Brett Favre" style photo as a part of their verification process.  They were unable to verify my account due to the size of the image.  YMMV.  PWI.

Buy my PS3 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216554.msg2282760#msg2282760

Sign up with campbx:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=3lo7dSqrLOu Yes it's an affiliate link, but you will not see me touting anything I do not both believe in and make extensive use of myself. Campbx is one of those things.
RobertHood

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:30:54 AM

Yes I agree that camp BX and Dwolla work well together. I don't know why it takes longer with Gox.
miningusa

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:48:48 AM

Excellent support from Bininstant, I'm impressed.
ltc_foundry

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:30:46 PM

Yep, did the 1 penny workaround and now I'm good.. Excellent!
xerafoo

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:31:32 PM

This worked for me too!

Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: