Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Promotion: National Radio Show Interview about Bitcoin  (Read 6866 times)
Bruce Wagner (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 08:05:25 PM

I've been contacted by the host of a popular radio talk show... to be a guest on his show.   He specifically contacted me, as the creator of the BitcoinMe.com site.  He wants to interview me about Bitcoin.  

I hope I am able to do a good job in presenting Bitcoin to his audience -- people who've never heard of it before.  I'll do my best.  Smiley

Of course, I'll start by explaining my role in it.  That I didn't invent Bitcoin.... that, if fact, I only recently discovered it myself, etc.   But that I hope to help spread the word about it, and educate people about what it is... (and what it is not...)

I hope you'll listen in -- if not live, you will be able to download it and listen any time, at your convenience.

From his email:

"I host a popular live talk show each morning 9 –11 AM Central on One Radio Network  http:// www.oneradionetwork.com It will be a pleasure to interview you...."

I believe it is scheduled for one week from today.  Thursday Dec 2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 08:07:15 PM

You're fantastic! We can fully trust you.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 08:15:14 PM

Oh I don't know, I feel kinda nervous for pushing bitcoin onto people.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2010, 08:22:01 PM

That's amazing, Bruce!

I imagine the show will be more about the economics than the technical details? Do you know if the host will be coming from a "we need gov inflation" angle or a "gold is the only money" angle or something else?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2010, 08:24:29 PM

Oh I don't know, I feel kinda nervous for pushing bitcoin onto people.

I know what you mean, but there is a difference between explaining something new and "pushing it onto people".

I don't tell many people. I imagine all my acquaintances who I don't tell will be pretty pissed at me in 2013, lol.

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 08:26:34 PM

Agree, we should not push it down the throat.

At the same time, bitcoins need more adopters and if done appropriately and in a balanced way, this interview can move a lot.

Based on what I experienced from bruce, I do not think there is a risk for "pushingtoomuch"

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 08:30:23 PM

It's not "pushing", it's just "first exposure".

Also, 99.9% of the listeners won't look into bitcoin until they've heard about it a dozen or more times.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 08:34:21 PM

"I didn't invent bitcoin. A mysterious guy from Japan invented it. "  Grin

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 08:35:26 PM

It's not "pushing", it's just "first exposure".

Also, 99.9% of the listeners won't look into bitcoin until they've heard about it a dozen or more times.

+1

100% agree

grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
November 25, 2010, 09:08:56 PM

Maybe you should PM satoshi about this.

Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 03:15:18 AM

I am scheduled to do a radio interview -- on the topic of Bitcoin -- with popular talk radio host, Patrick Timpone, tomorrow morning (Thursday) at 10am Eastern Time.   If you get a chance, listen in.  http://oneradionetwork.com  If not, I'll email you the MP3 later.  Smiley
_____

Oh...  I just now re-found this thread... and read your comments here.  I'm not sure how I misplaced it.  Smiley

Yes, it will be more about the basic concepts....  nothing too deep from either perspective -- technical or economic -- just the basic ideas....  as the "man or woman on the street" would understand it.

Very similar to the BitcoinMe.com site...  What is a Bitcoin?  Why would I use it?   Can I get real cash money for it?  How do I get some?   etc., etc...

From both the technical perspective, and the economic perspective, I will do my best to explain things in simple terms.... and yet be as accurate as I can.   (I'm sure you'll all hold me accountable if I screw up and say something that's inaccurate, so I'm going to be very careful! Smiley  )

The host, Patrick Timpone, is very fair and balanced.  I listen to him all the time.   By the way, as a side note, I love the shows he does with Andy Gause, monetary historian.  We listen to each episode at least 2-3 times.   I'd be interested to hear you all's feedback on the Andy Gause shows at http://oneradionetwork.com
RHorning

Activity: 224
Merit: 141

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 03:37:12 AM

I am scheduled to do a radio interview -- on the topic of Bitcoin -- with popular talk radio host, Patrick Timpone, tomorrow morning (Thursday) at 10am Eastern Time.   If you get a chance, listen in.  http://oneradionetwork.com  If not, I'll email you the MP3 later.  Smiley
_____

Oh...  I just now re-found this thread... and read your comments here.  I'm not sure how I misplaced it.  Smiley

Yes, it will be more about the basic concepts....  nothing too deep from either perspective -- technical or economic -- just the basic ideas....  as the "man or woman on the street" would understand it.

Very similar to the BitcoinMe.com site...  What is a Bitcoin?  Why would I use it?   Can I get real cash money for it?  How do I get some?   etc., etc...

From both the technical perspective, and the economic perspective, I will do my best to explain things in simple terms.... and yet be as accurate as I can.   (I'm sure you'll all hold me accountable if I screw up and say something that's inaccurate, so I'm going to be very careful! Smiley  )

The host, Patrick Timpone, is very fair and balanced.  I listen to him all the time.   By the way, as a side note, I love the shows he does with Andy Gause, monetary historian.  We listen to each episode at least 2-3 times.   I'd be interested to hear you all's feedback on the Andy Gause shows at http://oneradionetwork.com

Good luck with this one.  I'm sure that there are going to be a whole bunch of questions which will be raised from some very skeptical listeners.  I know when I first heard about Bitcoins (via Slashdot originally) I thought my leg was being pulled hard and that there was no way it could possibly work.  Skeptics with an open mind ought to be your target audience here for explanations.

Mention how one of the first significant "real world" transactions was buying a pizza.  That is something many people could relate to, not to mention showing how the value of a bitcoin has gone up considerably since then.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 01:55:27 PM

Mention my story:

I was donated 0.5 bitcoins then turned it to 100 bitcoins playing poker Smiley
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 02:00:39 PM

Mention my story:

I was donated 0.5 bitcoins then turned it to 100 bitcoins playing poker Smiley

Really?

Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 04:11:21 PM

Just finished the interview...  Did anyone listen in Live...?

Once they upload the MP3 of it, I'll post a direct link to download it.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2010, 04:13:15 PM

Just finished the interview...  Did anyone listen in Live...?

Once they upload the MP3 of it, I'll post a direct link to download it.

I caught the end only. It seemed really good. I want to hear it all.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2010, 04:22:04 PM

I unfortunately missed that because of important meeting Sad. Looking forward mp3!

Bruce Wagner (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 08:55:31 PM

Here is the page for the show:   http://goo.gl/FOecU

As soon as they get the MP3 uploaded from this morning's show, it will show a PLAYER and DOWNLOAD links... for the MP3 file.

It went very well, I thought.   Anxious to hear what you all thought.

Immediately afterward, I got lots of phone calls and emails...  Including one lady in Toledo who wanted to buy $200 worth of Bitcoin immediately with her credit card.  I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with her... talking her through MyBitcoin.com and BitcoinGateway.com etc...  She had NEVER used Copy & Paste before.  Smiley

Another example:  I got an email from a man in São Paulo, Brazil.   He wants to volunteer to translate BitoinMe.com into Portuguese.

Awesome!

So MANY super exciting things are beginning to happen with Bitcoin... and I can tell you for certain....  THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING... of a Bitcoin Explosion that's about to happen!

Hold on tight!

Buy more Bitcoin!    Lots of Bitcoin!     ( before the media explosion results in masses of people buying... and driving the price up, up, up... )

Smiley
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 09:01:30 PM

The site itself seem to be a weird... info-commercial for all the weird medicine stuff.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 02, 2010, 11:15:56 PM

Should try to get t them to add a bitcoin donation address to their own support page.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: