Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQ] New subforum for new coin [ANN]s  (Read 818 times)
anderl (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:08:51 PM

The coins are being created at such a fast rate that we need a sub forum  Tongue
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidelsky18

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:10:28 PM

Agreed x1000 (or, you know, people could stop making a new coin every day).
anderl (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 11:28:27 PM

I do not agree about making a new coin every day.  It's about the free market.  If the free market determines a new coin is flawed it will not be long lasting.  BTC and LTC have been enduring that is a good sign.  But if a new coin comes along and surpases BTC who is any one to decide as a minority that it is wrong.

If we followed that mentality we would be some many years behind today's technology.  Its about disruption in order to find better solutions.  IS BTC the best solution.  It might be, but I don't think so.  It will endure but will likely endure like IBM computers did when the compatible market grew from it, or how people used to say they would xerox a piece of paper. 

There will be a better crypto currency I know that.  Is it in the current mix, definitely not.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:17:20 AM

I do not agree about making a new coin every day.  It's about the free market.  If the free market determines a new coin is flawed it will not be long lasting.  BTC and LTC have been enduring that is a good sign.  But if a new coin comes along and surpases BTC who is any one to decide as a minority that it is wrong.
The problem is it takes a cryptocurrency that is substantially different and innovative. For one, it needs to have 0 - 50% of the codebase of bitcoind, not 99.9%.
anderl (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:35:59 AM

The problem is it takes a cryptocurrency that is substantially different and innovative. For one, it needs to have 0 - 50% of the codebase of bitcoind, not 99.9%.

True and it is why most of them are failing.  The only one that has endured as been LTC due to it being scrypt.  It doesn't stop me from being excited about the concept and the potential of this new economy.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:44:37 PM

Why create a board for it?  It just gives legitimacy to the people who spam create new coins. if there's a board for it.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:58:44 PM

I proposed on #bitcoin-dev:

<wumpus> someone should create an random altcoin generator
<wumpus> generate a random name, random network rules, and post a topic to bitcointalk
<wumpus> oh and premine of course

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Mahn

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:10:16 PM

A subforum on the alternate cryptocurrencies forum would actually not hurt. And another one for giveaways, too. There's way too much clutter going on there at the moment, it's just chaotic as it currently is.

Narken

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:05:54 PM

I suggest to at least split it up in something like this

Alternate cryptocurrencies

And some childboards

alt.coins Mining
alt.coins Mining Pools
alt.coins Marketplace
alt.coins XXX

Yes sir
Terk

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:12:53 PM

I tried to follow the altcoins forum and it's impossible. It really screams for its own marketplace subforum (with all giveaways and GDocs-based exchanges included in there). I don't think there's any need for other subforums, but marketplace would make altcoins forum usable, as currently most of new threads are WTB/WTS/Giveaway/Exchange.

tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:16:41 PM

The alt-coins should just create new forums.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:28:30 PM

Yeah, but I think a marketplace subforum might be helpful. It's moving way too fast.

Plus, move all the "CNC for BTC" and "XRP for BTC" threads to that subforum.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:13:34 AM

Yeah, but I think a marketplace subforum might be helpful. It's moving way too fast.

Plus, move all the "CNC for BTC" and "XRP for BTC" threads to that subforum.

I could get behind that, just so there's a place to throw every thread for trading alts.
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:40:01 AM

I proposed on #bitcoin-dev:

<wumpus> someone should create an random altcoin generator
<wumpus> generate a random name, random network rules, and post a topic to bitcointalk
<wumpus> oh and premine of course

Just have to say that this made me laugh.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: