Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:59:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JAXX vs Coinbase: Which is better and why?  (Read 5471 times)
Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:53:45 AM

I am still new in the mining of alt and bitcoins, i started with JAXX wallet, but i was told by someone there has been some shady issues with micro amounts of bitcoins never making it your JAXX wallet from mining pool payouts, which adds up over time.. he told me Coinbase was much better.. just trying to get an idea from the majority before i start having large amounts of transactions going in my account.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
onurgozupek

Activity: 1306
Merit: 593

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 06:58:43 AM

If you compare "wallets" Jaxx is definitely better because it supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, zCash and more...

Coinbase holds, BTC, LTC and ETH
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:14:11 AM

I am still new in the mining of alt and bitcoins, i started with JAXX wallet, but i was told by someone there has been some shady issues with micro amounts of bitcoins never making it your JAXX wallet from mining pool payouts, which adds up over time.. he told me Coinbase was much better.. just trying to get an idea from the majority before i start having large amounts of transactions going in my account.

Comparing both wallets Jaxx is better , but problems and complaints have also been spotted from many users using Jaxx. I would recommend you switch to Electrum which is the best free desktop wallet where is almost free of problems and the few that arises are solved within a timely manner.
You can download it here https://electrum.org/#download
Alvin RS6

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:25:05 AM

You cannot compare these two. I'd choose JAXX over coinbase if I have to decide where to hold funds.
onurgozupek

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 07:26:51 AM

People are preferring Jaxx because it has both desktop and mobile applications. No one wants to stick just a desktop app for daily use...
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3262

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:29:25 AM

The most important difference between Coinbase and Jaxx is that you have an account at Coinbase and not a wallet. If you give your bitcoins to Coinbase to hold for you, then they could decide to keep them. You have to ask for their permission to spend them, and they might say no. Jaxx does not have these problems.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:02:09 AM

The most important difference between Coinbase and Jaxx is that you have an account at Coinbase and not a wallet. If you give your bitcoins to Coinbase to hold for you, then they could decide to keep them. You have to ask for their permission to spend them, and they might say no. Jaxx does not have these problems.
That is important.
Another diffirence is that Coinbase is a lot bigger. It has problems that smaller bussinesses don't have.
Whatever you chooose, Coinbase have a lot bad reviews and going down on busy days :/
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6164

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:08:51 AM

If you had to compare then Jaxx is definitely better as you have more control but the the thing is, Jaxx is not fully open source so you still need to trust them that they don't contact the servers with your keys etc. I would use something else If I were you, better use multiple wallets for multiple coins and control your funds then lose them all eventually.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 10:58:12 AM

I distrust both of them. It is better to use blockchian.info, for a variety of reasons. That said, Coinbase is not that bad. I have never heard any hackers targeting that site. So I assume that they have a very robust security arrangement in place.
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:08:42 PM

For security reasons then choose coinbase over jaxx.
Someone said coinbase is too large and goes down, and I want to ask why is it big? It's merely because many people trust them and the workload is too much but that doesn't mean they aren't good.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:20:10 PM

Both are good online wallets but micro payments dont work well with both wallets just like on an exchange which sees them as spam to the network or generous donations to them but given a chance to pick between the two, i would go for jaxx because its a multi coin wallet and its on several operating systems for our convinence and you get access to your private key.
onurgozupek

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 01:48:44 PM

I distrust both of them. It is better to use blockchian.info, for a variety of reasons. That said, Coinbase is not that bad. I have never heard any hackers targeting that site. So I assume that they have a very robust security arrangement in place.

Do you prefer a wallet service which doesn't private keys over a wallet that provide private keys and it's for "trust"? Dude, you're missing some points....
Qartada

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 02:23:15 PM

For security reasons then choose coinbase over jaxx.
If you like security, then you keep absolutely all of your coins millions of miles away from any online wallet.  Using Coinbase you could get Goxed for all you know - with Jaxx you can't.  And Coinbase are a giant target for hackers and inside jobs, whereas a personal wallet is not (especially if you use a paper wallet and don't spend).

Also, Jaxx will give you a million more coins.

Jaxx can give you problems with the interface, but they're just that.  With Coinbase all you can see is the website, and it's terrifying to know that something much worse could be happening behind the scenes.
Quote from: sieemma
Someone said coinbase is too large and goes down, and I want to ask why is it big? It's merely because many people trust them and the workload is too much but that doesn't mean they aren't good.
Or it's because:
1.  They're incompetent and can't use decent servers despite their outrageous fees
2.  They're manipulating customer funds.

Storx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:25:54 PM

i appreciate the posting of info.. it seems from the results i got from yall JAXX wallet is not all that bad, the only thing is i have never convert BTC to USD, so i wanted to make sure i get into the best wallet so i dont have issues with that later.... i just ordered all the stuff for my first 6 x GPU rig build using the BTC i already have through newegg using btc as payment.. and based off the mining results im getting on my gaming PC i am seriously thinking of investing into another 6 rig or so next week..

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: