Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:01:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Second screen - Android App with live mtgox prices via push (not pull / polling)  (Read 663 times)
ragmondo (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:38:32 PM

A plug for my app here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.getbitcoin.bitcoinlive

It's just 3 lines of text that show the current bid/ask/last price from mtgox.

The difference between this and the 100 other mtgox android apps is that mine uses an intermediary server to get rid of all the guff you don't want to see and works via push / subscribe messages. The net effect is that it works pretty fast (check the video on the link above to compare with bitcoinity ).

Now.. I have had some troubles with the AWS server as it was running out of thread resources but I'm pretty sure that's all nailed now.

Please give it a go and let me know what you think. I'm building up a list of feature requests. My aim is just to get the price on the screen in as fast a time possible, so you can just have the android phone / tablet next to your trading PC (as someone has done if you read the app comments).

If there are any Android devs out there, I'm happy to provide a jar interface for easily getting the live prices from the server - will be adding a bunch of other exchanges soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: