Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:29:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP MAKING COINS BAD FOR CRYPTO CURRENCY WILL DESTROY ALL COINS EVENTUALLY  (Read 2985 times)
elvisrene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:17:50 AM

It is really bad for the economy of crypto currency to have so many coins all this coins popping out of noware and off course per mined  and abused more then a philipino hooker this is just my opinion but if you have other please let me know ..
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:25:21 AM

it's a natural market process... eventually those new crypto will be rejected and die soon after the launch... but as long as they are accepted and bought means there is room for them.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 12:26:38 AM

Its why we never see candy bars anymore.

Too many different flavours of candy-bar totally destroyed the market.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
zdarkazn

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:29:23 AM

-MarkM-

LOL  Grin
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6564

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:29:41 AM

Idea: We could create a sub-forum for new cryptocurrencies. So the "main" Altcoin Forum would be for the "established" ones (e.g. > 6 months of age) and the newer ones must go in the "New Cryptocurrencies" forum.

That would reduce the "spamming" of the forum.

Kind of "Newbie Forum" for new currencies.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 12:30:01 AM

yeah,

and whats with all those damn flavors of ice cream??

you will eat vanilla and like it.

dont need no damn rockyroad or mint/chocolate chip or strawbery!!

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
Si Robertson

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:30:38 AM

Im selling soon, this is getting stupid

shells selling their fake coins
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:32:59 AM

Im selling soon, this is getting stupid

shells selling their fake coins

sure sell you will just be hurting every other bitcoiner who has the same sensibilities you have.  Why are you so angry?
Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:33:49 AM

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Guru01

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:36:33 AM

If there is innovation more altcoin is nice.  Straight copy's will die.
donjonson

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:37:27 AM

Yes and let the party go on! Let it go and it will eventually stop but we can't stop it artificially.

For me, the final test for a coin is... can I buy something with it? I do with bitcoin lots of things, very few things with LTC and that's it.

The other thing at least for now is mere speculation.

I'm just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.
anderl

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:44:02 AM

Yes and let the party go on! Let it go and it will eventually stop but we can't stop it artificially.

For me, the final test for a coin is... can I buy something with it? I do with bitcoin lots of things, very few things with LTC and that's it.

The other thing at least for now is mere speculation.

If a coin is used to trade for other coins then there is a market.  Bitcoin just falls into the class of coins which is used as a replacement for everyday currency... it's the Bitcoin niche.  Alt coins could be used as trading coins, similar to antique coins I can purchase right now which have no real buying power, but I can sell them and trade them for fiat currency.

+1
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 12:47:56 AM

-MarkM-

Actually, people decided that they wanted better candy and started buying it from candy shops.  So, yes there are fewer candy bars in the local mini-mart but there are more candy stores making their own candy.

Bad analogy... I work in the candy industry.

In case you hadn't noticed, we are in a candy shop right now! Tongue

Scam scam scam scam
Scam scam scam scam
Wonderful scam, lovely scam!

I'll have scam scam scam bits devs and scam without the scam, please!

Can I have scam scam scam scam rat scam and scam with a little less rat in it, please?

Etc.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:49:21 AM

Can we really argue candy bars and ice cream are the same as a brand new industry such as cryptocurrency?

New alts won't destroy all coins but I could definitely see a massive market crash that makes them all worthless for a year or two before they are reborn.
GSnak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:50:43 AM

It is really bad for the economy of crypto currency to have so many coins all this coins popping out of noware and off course per mined  and abused more then a philipino hooker this is just my opinion but if you have other please let me know ..

This is the sort of lucid commentary that draws people to this forum.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 12:51:33 AM

Reborn... Like BBQcoin... Next up maybe Tenebrix? Or GeistGeld? Or CoiLedCoin? Or even Fairbrix?

-MarkM-

anderl

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:52:52 AM

Can we really argue candy bars and ice cream are the same as a brand new industry such as cryptocurrency?

New alts won't destroy all coins but I could definitely see a massive market crash that makes them all worthless for a year or two before they are reborn.

it would be due to the bitcoiners going galt.  they all quit from mass frustration.  but even if it crashed and people stopped mining, all it would take is a couple weeks for difficult to collapse before people started mining again.  that is the beauty of it.    any crash is short term.
Craftyman

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:55:58 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 08:48:29 PM by Craftyman

it would be due to the bitcoiners going galt.  they all quit from mass frustration.  but even if it crashed and people stopped mining, all it would take is a couple weeks for difficult to collapse before people started mining again.  that is the beauty of it.    any crash is short term.
yeah just like the IBM compatible computer.  people cloned the shit out of IBM's PC.  IBM totally went bankrupt.  Wish they were still around to see the PC glory days.

oh and Apple.  Look what happened to them.  Freakin Android stole their design and just made a crappy copy of the iPhone.  Apple must be worthless now.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BAR2xMtD8jd6MfF52KXebz4PeTh9g5TvQx
elvisrene (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:59:24 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmm candy
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:00:53 AM

it would be due to the bitcoiners going galt.  they all quit from mass frustration.  but even if it crashed and people stopped mining, all it would take is a couple weeks for difficult to collapse before people started mining again.  that is the beauty of it.    any crash is short term.

What I'm saying is I think it will be harder for any  of them to go mainstream when there's so god damn many and the average person can't understand them. Too saturated.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: