Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP MAKING COINS BAD FOR CRYPTO CURRENCY WILL DESTROY ALL COINS EVENTUALLY  (Read 2986 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:03:05 AM

Yeah that is why banks never went mainstream, too many loansharks, so godamn many moneylenders joe public couldn't tell them apart.

Idiot, it is precisely to tell themselves apart that they GO mainstream (aka sell out to the establishment). Duh.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
devilfish

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:03:50 AM

It is really bad for the economy of crypto currency to have so many coins all this coins popping out of noware and off course per mined  and abused more then a philipino hooker this is just my opinion but if you have other please let me know ..

This is the sort of lucid commentary that draws people to this forum.

Nah, it's replies like yours to the above that do it. Made me laugh, thanks.

Wink
Shmoopy

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:09:58 AM

I think crypto will eventually get to the point where currencies will have to actually compete to survive. Right now, exchanges have lots of room for new coins, but eventually they'll get cluttered and they'll have to make some cuts. Don't be mad just because you're experiencing the volatile beginnings of the expansion of crypto.

Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:13:32 AM

Yeah that is why banks never went mainstream, too many loansharks, so godamn many moneylenders joe public couldn't tell them apart.

Idiot, it is precisely to tell themselves apart that they GO mainstream (aka sell out to the establishment). Duh.

-MarkM-

Keep quoting examples you weren't around for. I'm sure there weren't crashes of problems in any of those industries, ever.

I'm not saying they won't succeed in the end, I don't see how they couldn't, but I'm talking beginning short term. Like the video game crash of 1983.
biganth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:22:01 AM

Its why we never see candy bars anymore.

Too many different flavours of candy-bar totally destroyed the market.

-MarkM-

Damn, those Kit Kats I just had were good.

I was about to whip back a quick response to you and then the sarcasm light bulb went off.  Roll Eyes

cocales

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:32:55 AM

Well  Wink

SnowGem.org - Improve upon great ideas of other cryptocurrencies
✔ Privacy ✔ Availability ✔ Profitability ✔ Longevity
Equihash - No Premine - No ICO - Masternodes soon
cygnusxi

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:34:34 AM

-MarkM-

a better comparison would be paper / metal coin currency. how many countries are there? and every single one ( except Antarctica ) has their own currency. this has been happening since the dawn of time. lots of different currency.

not to mention all the other things people trade / collect to use as currency. dooms days prepped people buy enough alcohol to fill entire stock rooms in anticipation of alcohol one day being one of the most important things to have. i would want to drink living in post apocalypse.

Grin

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
cygnusxi

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:36:39 AM

a better comparison would be paper / metal coin currency. how many countries are there? and every single one ( except Antarctica ) has their own currency. this has been happening since the dawn of time. lots of different currency.

not to mention all the other things people trade / collect to use as currency. dooms days prepped people buy enough alcohol to fill entire stock rooms in anticipation of alcohol one day being one of the most important things to have. i would want to drink living in post apocalypse.

Grin

lol quoting myself... now that i put that idea in your heads maybe beercoin will come back lol. or maybe someone will come out with 151coin / RUMcoin

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:38:14 AM

Alcohol, eh? Sure, but... pure grain alcohol, right? Not any of those watered down clones like Scotch, Vodka, Brandy and all those imitators? Wink Cheesy

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Yurizhai

Activity: 764

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:41:20 AM

Alcohol, eh? Sure, but... pure grain alcohol, right? Not any of those watered down clones like Scotch, Vodka, Brandy and all those imitators? Wink Cheesy

-MarkM-

You mean those alcohols made by completely different cultures at completely different times made from completely different ingredients? Direct comparison to alt coins made by user Douche921 on the bitcointalk forums with almost no changes.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:56:59 AM

Okay you got me there. Parallel evolution of blockchain based currencies is far-fetched.

(But hey if it happened maybe they'd also have hash collisions! Wink)

-MarkM-

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:13:13 AM

Grin

lol quoting myself... now that i put that idea in your heads maybe beercoin will come back lol. or maybe someone will come out with 151coin / RUMcoin

The hash coin

TruCoin

Activity: 210

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:21:43 AM

-MarkM-

LOL  Grin

Speaking of BARS go BitBar !!!! BitBar is not a alt-coin it is the first cryto-BAR ever.. Stop making Alt-coins he he he Grin

phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:57:09 PM

Each new coin makes all other coins weaker. Except Bitcoin.

There can be only one.
rambleshack

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:01:34 PM

-MarkM-

This is a bad analogy, alt-coins are not offering anything new, so it would be like selling the same exact candy bar with 30 different names.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 07:08:52 PM

[ANN] STOP MAKING COINS BAD - Coin

the angry negative coin !  Angry Angry Angry Angry

premine starts soon !

NOT !
YOU IDIOTS !
NEVER !
NOT FOR YOU ANYWAY !
COIN WRECKERS !

: D  ; )

Jks friend, just had to do it. i respect your opinion.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 07:17:29 PM

I <3 coin spam , plus what else would we be doing right now?

plus you can say to your grand kiddies :

"I remember the great feathercoin launch of 2013 on BTC-e son, that baby hit 1 btc!  

The Trollbox exploded, for hours it just said "Ricky Martin" over and over. until they closed the server.

Oh those where the days !

now we live in this Central Government sanctioned holographic workers camp, but hey son, things were better in the past...

and they will be good again son, they will be good..........

Timmy]  - whats a "Troll box" grandaddy ?

elvisrene]  - A great thing son ,... a great thing... "

to be continued......

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
elvisrene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:42:35 PM

i hop so that some of these coins can one day be great but if people keep cloning shit well you know what happens then
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

i hop so that some of these coins can one day be great but if people keep cloning shit well you know what happens then

yeah just like the IBM compatible computer.  people cloned the shit out of IBM's PC.  IBM totally went bankrupt.  Wish they were still around to see the PC glory days.

oh and Apple.  Look what happened to them.  Freakin Android stole their design and just made a crappy copy of the iPhone.  Apple must be worthless now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: