Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:32:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who won the bet? TMAN or OG..  (Voting closed: June 03, 2017, 07:52:43 PM)
TMAN - 18 (40.9%)
OG - 26 (59.1%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who won the bet  (Read 3876 times)
comtruise1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:29:23 AM

After reading everything I think OGNASTY and Blazed should really apologize to the Kialara community. Og  nasty fan coins and Blazed diy coin cannot even remember the name is no where near a Kialara. I just recently got into cryptos and reviewing the past sales, I feel that because Blazed and OG hold a large collection of Casascius coins they are bitter that the demand is going down for Casascius coins and some other coins that they have not cornered the market with  is slowly rising in value. Og should return the money. Be the bigger man OG I will respect you more if you do. BTW I am interested in a Kialara silver and a redeemed casascius 25 btc coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:22:24 AM

All I did was agree with Blazed. We're allowed to have opinions.

I'm sorry you felt it was an attack. I really am. I apologize. I see now I should have chosen my words more carefully. Lots of people love your work. You or anyone shouldn't feel threatened by my opinions. I didn't say anything negative about the product. I only agreed with others that the auction price had gotten frothy. Now that we have learned it was TMAN's coin being auctioned, at least I understand why things escalated to this.

If someone reselling one of my products is asking 10x my original retail price, please on behalf of the community, point it out. Perhaps do so with more tact than I did to avoid having to issue an apology. I will never be mad at someone for pointing out premiums over materials cost or original retail pricing on my products. I will view it as protecting the community.

Kialara, I am sorry you took my agreement on the auction pricing as an attack. I am sorry that I thought my agreement with another poster would be any added benefit to the thread. Don't single me out as the bad guy though. I agreed with 2 of the 3 public opinions on the pricing in that thread.

You can't compare a piece of art to a silver round with a neglectable amount of BTC loaded on it. You don't hear people complain about the premium over the costs price of a Picasso (although Picasso's are in a way different league).  I don't mind that you don't like Kialaras or that you think they are overpriced. You are entitled to your own opinion and that's fine. Like Max said, coming into an auction thread and saying "sell 'em if you got 'em while people still think these prices are in the realm of sanity" is a dickmove and disrespectful.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:13:12 AM

Og’s comment to sell b/c the prices are not within the realm of sanity should be seen as an attack on every member of the community who holds a Kialara. He is basically calling everyone insane.
It is not unusual to have discourse regarding the going rate for items being traded on a regular basis. I would think it would be unusual to not have discussions regarding the "market" rates of various coins in the collectibles section.

Many of your claimed owners of your work likely do not visit these forums very often, and as such are unlikely to be aware of the going market rates in the secondary market for your work. Additionally, these claimed owners have sufficient wealth so that even a few thousand dollars of increased value of collectable coins would not cause them to even consider (re)selling your work because the impact on their financing would be so small.

I would have to agree with others in saying that the price in question for your work does appear to be overvalued. The basis for this is my review of various auction threads of coins manufactured by Kialara and of coins manufactured by other coin manufacturers. I am sorry if this statement offends you, however it is the (brutal) truth.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:03:21 AM

After reading everything I think OGNASTY and Blazed should really apologize to the Kialara community. Og  nasty fan coins and Blazed diy coin cannot even remember the name is no where near a Kialara. I just recently got into cryptos and reviewing the past sales, I feel that because Blazed and OG hold a large collection of Casascius coins they are bitter that the demand is going down for Casascius coins and some other coins that they have not cornered the market with  is slowly rising in value. Og should return the money. Be the bigger man OG I will respect you more if you do. BTW I am interested in a Kialara silver and a redeemed casascius 25 btc coin.

+1

I agree. I hope the community can strive to be more respectful of other's preferences. I would like to see manufacturers of physical cryptos produce better quality products, increase innovation, and expand awareness of cryptocurrencies in general. Right now Kialara is doing all of these; that's why I believe there is such interest.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

I simply said they feel over priced to me. I have been in the physical crypto game for years and stated my opinion. I think Kialara are nice pieces of work and have owned several of them over the years. My coins have been sold out for quite a while with no new ones being made for 1+ years so I am not sure how relevant they are in this. I am not going to apologize for calling it how I see it...stop being so sensitive. If I had trashed his works or something then sure I would apologize, but my statement was hardly anything rude against "the Kialara community". I have called Casascius items over priced over the years...welcome to buying and selling things with intrinsic values. Why not post that from your real account anyways?   
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 01:27:54 PM

I would have to agree with others in saying that the price in question for your work does appear to be overvalued. The basis for this is my review of various auction threads of coins manufactured by Kialara and of coins manufactured by other coin manufacturers. I am sorry if this statement offends you, however it is the (brutal) truth.
In other words: "It's overvalued because I don't have any.". This is the bullshit that you hear from any non-Kialara owner. This reminds me of altcoins which actually deserve their valuation being "overvalued" to individuals who failed to realize this and invest into them on time. Disclosure: I only own a single Kialara as far as the public is informed.

If there were an auction going for a Casascius coin, and it was generating a decent amount of interest, I can’t imagine Blazed or OgNasty suggesting it was overpriced because they both hold Casascius coins. It’s in their financial interest for these coins to fetch high prices.
-snip-
Og’s comment to sell b/c the prices are not within the realm of sanity should be seen as an attack on every member of the community who holds a Kialara. He is basically calling everyone insane.
Correct and correct. Some individuals need to compensate somehow. Smiley

I have called Casascius items over priced over the years...welcome to buying and selling things with intrinsic values.
The only intrinsic value to Cas. is the metal itself, thus premiums on some of them are also an absurdity (if you want to argue that Kialara's are overvalued, then look inside your own backyard first).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 01:34:44 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 01:57:19 PM by Blazed

In other words: "It's overvalued because I don't have any.". This is the bullshit that you hear from any non-Kialara owner. This reminds me of altcoins which actually deserve their valuation being "overvalued" to individuals who failed to realize this and invest into them on time. Disclosure: I only own a single Kialara as far as the public is informed.

If there were an auction going for a Casascius coin, and it was generating a decent amount of interest, I can’t imagine Blazed or OgNasty suggesting it was overpriced because they both hold Casascius coins. It’s in their financial interest for these coins to fetch high prices.
-snip-
Correct and correct. Some individuals need to compensate somehow. Smiley

I have called Casascius items over priced over the years...welcome to buying and selling things with intrinsic values.
The only intrinsic value to Cas. is the metal itself, thus premiums on some of them are also an absurdity (if you want to argue that Kialara's are overvalued, then look inside your own backyard first).

I have called Casascius coins over priced. Kialara bars are nice and I think Max did a great job on them, but that doesn't mean the secondary market can't get over priced on them... Many collectibles have times where the prices go wild.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 01:35:51 PM

I have called Casascius coins over priced. Kialara bars are nice and I think Max did a great job on them, but that doesn't mean the secondary can't get over priced on them... Many collectibles have times where the prices go wild.
Then the next question would be, was that comment necessary? Should I go into every Casascius sale/auction and mention that they have overpriced and quote you as well? Even though I may or may not think that they are, I still avoid doing that (and have done it at least *once*).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 01:38:28 PM

I have called Casascius coins over priced. Kialara bars are nice and I think Max did a great job on them, but that doesn't mean the secondary can't get over priced on them... Many collectibles have times where the prices go wild.
Then the next question would be, was that comment necessary? Should I go into every Casascius sale/auction and mention that they have overpriced and quote you as well? Even though I may or may not think that they are, I still avoid doing that (and have done it at least *once*).

I made 1 reply about it... Roll Eyes
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 01:48:14 PM

It is not unusual to have discourse regarding the going rate for items being traded on a regular basis. I would think it would be unusual to not have discussions regarding the "market" rates of various coins in the collectibles section.

Many of your claimed owners of your work likely do not visit these forums very often, and as such are unlikely to be aware of the going market rates in the secondary market for your work. Additionally, these claimed owners have sufficient wealth so that even a few thousand dollars of increased value of collectable coins would not cause them to even consider (re)selling your work because the impact on their financing would be so small.

Cant remember if I have called you a cunt or not recently.. if not - Cunt, even if I have - double cunt... Go deepthroat OG,  ohh... QS - OG.. is this a coincidence?

pair of losers go touch each other in the mens bathroom of a petrol station

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:43:49 PM

Is you comment asking if it was necessary, necessary?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions,

you are all beating a dead horse, is this going to drag on forever?
TMAN (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 08:54:37 PM

Dude, all this stems from 3-4 years ago. Shares turning to seats, OG's alt nano being the big boss. Seats being produced just to cover debts that OG rang up from bad business decisions.. OG sucked dick to get where he is today, he didn't get there by being a good business man. He was advised numerous times to not go all in on BFL.. that was the downfall of nasty fans. He produced 50% more shares to cover the debts from his bad decisions..

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5928

Meh.

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:06:44 PM

Dude, all this stems from 3-4 years ago. Shares turning to seats, OG's alt nano being the big boss. Seats being produced just to cover debts that OG rang up from bad business decisions.. OG sucked dick to get where he is today, he didn't get there by being a good business man. He was advised numerous times to not go all in on BFL.. that was the downfall of nasty fans. He produced 50% more shares to cover the debts from his bad decisions..

Hmm.. This is a story I'm hearing for the first time. Who is your source or what kind of proof is there? Considering these accusations are pretty wild you should back it up with proper proof so that the community can decide.

I was around during the BFL shenanigans though, crazy times and I do sometimes feel bad for those who did in fact go all in on it.

Kialara

Activity: 549
Merit: 788

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:25:20 AM

Blazed, you stated “[I think] that they are already way over priced…”, suggesting you care more about trying to help than about establishing dominance. I respect your opinion.
Kialara

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:01:14 AM

comtruise1, TheNewAnon135246, Pistachio, Lauda, and TMAN: Thank you  Smiley
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 04:20:52 AM

Blazed, you stated “[I think] that they are already way over priced…”, suggesting you care more about trying to help than about establishing dominance. I respect your opinion.

Glad you understand I was not knocking your products at all. I have always been a fan and yes I do own some Kialras.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 06:14:38 AM

I made 1 reply about it... Roll Eyes
You got me all wrong. I was not trying to insinuate that you've done this multiple times (intentionally or not).

This is a prime example of an uneducated statement, which also happens to be a logical fallacy. Your opinion(s) are worthless; don't even try claiming their equality with mine (or someone else's for that matter).

Glad you understand I was not knocking your products at all. I have always been a fan and yes I do own some Kialras.
Ah, that's quite fair then. I must have misread it myself. There's a very subtle, albeit major, difference between "I think that they.." and "They are..".

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 01:21:47 PM

Ah, that's quite fair then. I must have misread it myself. There's a very subtle, albeit major, difference between "I think that they.." and "They are..".
[/quote]

Kialara

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:48:44 AM

All I did was agree with Blazed. We're allowed to have opinions.

I'm sorry you felt it was an attack. I really am. I apologize. I see now I should have chosen my words more carefully. Lots of people love your work. You or anyone shouldn't feel threatened by my opinions. I didn't say anything negative about the product. I only agreed with others that the auction price had gotten frothy. Now that we have learned it was TMAN's coin being auctioned, at least I understand why things escalated to this.

If someone reselling one of my products is asking 10x my original retail price, please on behalf of the community, point it out. Perhaps do so with more tact than I did to avoid having to issue an apology. I will never be mad at someone for pointing out premiums over materials cost or original retail pricing on my products. I will view it as protecting the community.

Kialara, I am sorry you took my agreement on the auction pricing as an attack. I am sorry that I thought my agreement with another poster would be any added benefit to the thread. Don't single me out as the bad guy though. I agreed with 2 of the 3 public opinions on the pricing in that thread.

OgNasty, this was clearly an attack. I had to ask you to delete your last comment from 2015 attacking me, remember? Please keep any opinions of me or my work to yourself. I work hard and don't deserve to be treated this way.

http://imgur.com/19W0Cmr
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:25:29 PM

OgNasty, this was clearly an attack. I had to ask you to delete your last comment from 2015 attacking me, remember? Please keep any opinions of me or my work to yourself. I work hard and don't deserve to be treated this way.
I wonder what happened to the whole thing about being friendly to each other and stuff.
Or does that only apply to us, not the people always preaching about it?

To say it in someones words...

It is a shame we can't all get along.  It really is only hurting our own community.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀