Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:03:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase ETH Purchase Issues  (Read 513 times)
usellmecoinnow (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:34:15 PM

Hi, I had been buying at the $500 max with card while I waited for them to deposit funds for verification (3days). That happened a few days ago and I immediately purchased a bunch of ETH, which, I would have moved to other currencies when it started dropping, rather than watch my investment lose hundreds of dollars in the meantime. I check again today and see that they JUST submitted the EFT after 3 days!!! That being said, they'll get their money at the close of business and I'm curious if I'll have my funds available tonight or tomorrow or if they're going to just sit on it till Tuesday as they have quoted??? I mean, if they cost me a bunch of money because they didn't get the EFT done for 3 days, then didn't make it available for 4 more (2 days more than every bit of documentation on the site states) what's my recourse outside of going to my bank for a chargeback? I could still easily just move transfer the funds and then the purchase gets voided, but I'd rather not burn a bridge with them, but I'd rather that than be out %20+

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheSimpleMiner

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:33:15 PM

I have learned that cryptocurrency is great, but fiat to crypto is painful and a long process. I find Coinbases systems very good, so expect the money today or next business day. If it was a bank to coinbase, bank transfers can take a while. You mentioned card, so it should have been almost instant. Be patient, it will go through. Just understand the exchanges are backed up with the public jumping on ether and bitcoins rise.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:54:19 PM

Hi, I had been buying at the $500 max with card while I waited for them to deposit funds for verification (3days). That happened a few days ago and I immediately purchased a bunch of ETH, which, I would have moved to other currencies when it started dropping, rather than watch my investment lose hundreds of dollars in the meantime. I check again today and see that they JUST submitted the EFT after 3 days!!! That being said, they'll get their money at the close of business and I'm curious if I'll have my funds available tonight or tomorrow or if they're going to just sit on it till Tuesday as they have quoted??? I mean, if they cost me a bunch of money because they didn't get the EFT done for 3 days, then didn't make it available for 4 more (2 days more than every bit of documentation on the site states) what's my recourse outside of going to my bank for a chargeback? I could still easily just move transfer the funds and then the purchase gets voided, but I'd rather not burn a bridge with them, but I'd rather that than be out %20+

And why do you post here ? You'd have much better chance to get a response directly from them or on a platform with more visibility, like reddit.
usellmecoinnow (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:11:06 AM

And why do you post here ? You'd have much better chance to get a response directly from them or on a platform with more visibility, like reddit.

I figured you folks would be better informed than people on reddit I guess.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:45:01 AM

There's also a higher chance for some coinbase employee to notice your problem and answer you there directly. I've noticed some people posting their problems with X on reddit and getting an unexpected answer from some company employee there, for example.
usellmecoinnow (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:26:07 PM

There's also a higher chance for some coinbase employee to notice your problem and answer you there directly. I've noticed some people posting their problems with X on reddit and getting an unexpected answer from some company employee there, for example.

I'd have bigger questions if they found time to dick around on Reddit than devote their time to filling orders and submitting EFT's and processing. For the record, the money came out on Friday night, and the funds still aren't available. LOL. I figured the second ETH eclipsed my purchase price, they'd have made it available, but no. At this point, it's just costing them money.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:33:01 PM

Credit card purchase should be instant, I receive all my purchases of BTC and ETH within a few minutes usually. Until recently, coinbase seems to have some problems with credit card purchases. I bought ETH on 24 May and still waiting for coinbase to resolve the issue.
You can check under the transaction whether the purchase went through, it will show you failed if coinbase didn't manage to charge your card.I suggest you to contact support if the purchase is successful immediately.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: